Solidus- still confused....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
Anyone else feel that Kojima, even after mgs4, never did a good enough job at explaining the origins of Solidus. what year was he created? how was he created, was there a name for his creation as it was seperate from les enfants terrrible? what were his early years like. i mean seriously, all it goes back to is that he raised raiden in a child army. befre that, nothing is known.
Steelpoppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Steelpoppy
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts
Anyone else feel that Kojima, even after mgs4, never did a good enough job at explaining the origins of Solidus. what year was he created? how was he created, was there a name for his creation as it was seperate from les enfants terrrible? what were his early years like. i mean seriously, all it goes back to is that he raised raiden in a child army. befre that, nothing is known.ronniepage588
PREQUAL!
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Yeah, I was even scouring the Database trying to find some of those answers, but found nothing.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ronniepage588
oops i have two windows open i meant to post this in the mgs4 forum...o well.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ronniepage588

Yeah, I was even scouring the Database trying to find some of those answers, but found nothing.TheGTAvaccine

same here. the timeline doesnt even list when he was created. for a while i was begining to think he was actually big boss twin or something

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Anyone else feel that Kojima, even after mgs4, never did a good enough job at explaining the origins of Solidus. what year was he created? how was he created, was there a name for his creation as it was seperate from les enfants terrrible? what were his early years like. i mean seriously, all it goes back to is that he raised raiden in a child army. befre that, nothing is known.ronniepage588

Because Solidus is just the forgotten 3rd wheel out of the whole thing. He just exists to genetically tie Solid Snake into the main storyline and keep MGS2's plot together. Other than that, he is in the series as he is in the storyline "a disposable tool". In the game, it was to The Patriots. In real life, it was in character development. The main story is just about Solid, Liquid, Big Boss and Ocelot (to put it bluntly)

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

SPOILER

[spoiler] He's a clone of Big Boss, what's more to ask? [/spoiler]

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
Well in MGS(1) Liquid says that there were 7 or 8 clones all together, but most of them died before they entered the world, i think it's safe to say Solidus is a another clone who survived born from another women.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
he is the perfect clone of Big Boss, and in MGS2 he was the president as the terrorist also who wanted to free them from the patriot system.
Avatar image for FF-resevil-halo
FF-resevil-halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 FF-resevil-halo
Member since 2006 • 1380 Posts
He is my favorite clone and I want to know more HE WAS THE GOSH DARN PRESIDENT! he planned Shaddow mosses and he was the one who had some wicked ideas on stopping the patriots he is a big ol pimp and I want to know more he led effin child soliders!
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ronniepage588

[QUOTE="FF-resevil-halo"]He is my favorite clone and I want to know more HE WAS THE GOSH DARN PRESIDENT! he planned Shaddow mosses and he was the one who had some wicked ideas on stopping the patriots he is a big ol pimp and I want to know more he led effin child soliders![/QUOTE

exactly his story is the most bizaare and wild..... goes from raising child armies to being a president????

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ronniepage588
i just figured that if they were going to create solidus and make him a main character in the middle of a game, make him very interesting to the audience, and then provide little explanation for his existence.