#1 Posted by moej88 (794 posts) -

Any news out there if Socom will ever make a come back on PS4 ? Maybe a Socom Confrontation remake in HD ?

#2 Edited by Mecha_Frieza (1234 posts) -

@moej88: They tried to revive the series with the latest SOCOM game- it was critically ripped apart and it was a commercial flop. Even SOCOM Confrontation was pretty bad (it was a far cry from the original SOCOM games that came before it). SOCOM 3 : U.S. Navy SEALS still marks the hallmark of the series, but unfortunately, tactical shooters became less popular because of franchises like Halo, Call of Duty and Battlefield. Sony was a publisher for SOCOM and I think they somehow control the rights so ultimately the ball is in their court, but I doubt we will see a game or a revival any time soon. It's unfortunate because the SOCOM games (1-3) were some of my favorite games back in the day.

#3 Posted by Kage1 (6801 posts) -

@moej88: Socom Confrontation was already HD

#4 Posted by moej88 (794 posts) -

@mecha_frieza: thats quite a shame indeed and agreed on your point of Socom 1-3. Certainly a shame that tactical games lost hype recently because of the new mega franchises. I'm trying to settle with RB6 and Wildlands PVP modes for now.

#5 Posted by Tommy2X (55 posts) -

@moej88: Actually, go check out H-Hour. It is a spiritual SOCOM successor made by some of the original team. It is probably coming out late this year or early next year. If the stories were to be believed.

#6 Edited by Mighty-Lu-Bu (2970 posts) -

@Tommy2X said:

@moej88: Actually, go check out H-Hour. It is a spiritual SOCOM successor made by some of the original team. It is probably coming out late this year or early next year. If the stories were to be believed.

I mean the original team made SOCOM 4 and that was terrible so I don't have a lot of faith from that developer anymore. They really had lightening in a bottle when they made the original trilogy, but they were never able to mimic that success.

#7 Edited by OfficialLayyke (2 posts) -

Socom Confrontation was already HD

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31192 posts) -

Closest thing to SOCOM would be the upcoming Insurgency: sandstorm.

#9 Posted by Star67 (4429 posts) -

It would fall flat in the over crowded multiplayer market we have today.

It would have a dedicated fanbase in the thousands for sure, but I don't see it being a huge success.

What really needs to happen is a Socom remaster of 1-3 all on one disc or download. This would be a cheap way to get a new socom game, and it would at least give the fans something they would want to play. Then make an online mode with maps from all 3 games with a server list and match making.

Boom call it a day.

#10 Posted by Tommy2X (55 posts) -

@Star67: I wish.