Socom Beta Is Horrible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gghicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gghicks
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
The socom beta is horrible. It takes 30 minutes or more for a game to load up. They have a new patch out to fix this problem, but its not helping. The graphics and controls are also terrible. I dont believe the finished product will live up to the hype. I dont think this game will be worth buying. except for the headset. Does anyone else agree?
CryoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CryoGoblin
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts
i have not experienced bad loading time at all...maybe a lil lag in the game but thats expected. The game of course doesnt look so gorgeous...are you forgetting how big the maps are going to be and its 32v32....seriously!...the controls are the same as before...only one thing i dont like about it is L1 or some reason doesnt go to your pistol..but to your other equipment unless you manually change it other than that the controls are the same. Also socom has always updates to fix bugs and stuff. this game is going to run smoothly probably not on the first week its out but a few weeks in it will live up to its expectations
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
just stick to 4v4 rooms and you will be happy
yanks1112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 yanks1112
Member since 2005 • 867 Posts

The socom beta is horrible. It takes 30 minutes or more for a game to load up. They have a new patch out to fix this problem, but its not helping. The graphics and controls are also terrible. I dont believe the finished product will live up to the hype. I dont think this game will be worth buying. except for the headset. Does anyone else agree?gghicks

Oh god yes I agree!! I got so frustrated with the loading times that I deleted the entire Beta from my hard drive. I just didn't want to see it anymore.

I don't know why but I kept comparing it to the Warhawk Beta; which, I guess, is doing Warhawk injustice.

PsyKosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 PsyKosis
Member since 2005 • 862 Posts
Are you kidding me? If you thought this was bad... Warhawk Beta was 10000x worse than this, it wasn't even playable. Anyways they fixed 90% of the problems and it runs smooth for me now with the latest patch.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts

Are you kidding me? If you thought this was bad... Warhawk Beta was 10000x worse than this, it wasn't even playable. Anyways they fixed 90% of the problems and it runs smooth for me now with the latest patch.PsyKosis

it wasn't that bad the worse thing that happened to me was freezes thats about it.. for socom its freezes and lagging..

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
The socom beta is horrible. It takes 30 minutes or more for a game to load up. They have a new patch out to fix this problem, but its not helping. The graphics and controls are also terrible. I dont believe the finished product will live up to the hype. I dont think this game will be worth buying. except for the headset. Does anyone else agree?gghicks
Couldn't have said it better myself.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
Just listen to everyone who says its just a beta and it will be fixed in 3 weeks with the game almost in its mass production and shipping phase.
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts
Wow, i guess it must be certain regions. My loading times are around 1-2mins and theyve been that way since about a week before the patch came out. I think the graphics look pretty solid on my 46" Samsung 1080p tele. The controls a great also, i think the analog sticks feel tight, i just made the look speed a little slower. Im guessing you arent very experienced with SOCOM and you hold the trigger down to shoot and do the Run n' Gun/Zig Zag technique. I for one am a SOCOM fan, its my fav online console shooter and this game has reached my expectations and they were set pretty high to begin with seeing as a new developer is making this one.
PsyKosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 PsyKosis
Member since 2005 • 862 Posts
From what i remember

[QUOTE="PsyKosis"]Are you kidding me? If you thought this was bad... Warhawk Beta was 10000x worse than this, it wasn't even playable. Anyways they fixed 90% of the problems and it runs smooth for me now with the latest patch.Keasy4

it wasn't that bad the worse thing that happened to me was freezes thats about it.. for socom its freezes and lagging..

From what i remember of the Warhawk beta was 5 minutes of gameplay 10 minutes of freezing and trying to restart your PS3. And that's no exageration. Make sure you are playing in the correct region in SOCOM go to option and select North America or Europe or where ever you are located.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
From what i remember[QUOTE="Keasy4"]

[QUOTE="PsyKosis"]Are you kidding me? If you thought this was bad... Warhawk Beta was 10000x worse than this, it wasn't even playable. Anyways they fixed 90% of the problems and it runs smooth for me now with the latest patch.PsyKosis

From what i remember of the Warhawk beta was 5 minutes of gameplay 10 minutes of freezing and trying to restart your PS3. And that's no exageration. Make sure you are playing in the correct region in SOCOM go to option and select North America or Europe or where ever you are located.

yeaa i notice that yesterday.. its less likely u will have problems.. i should say a bit less of a problem then u already have.

csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts

Never 30 minutes, you probably waited 30 minutes then turned it off.

Reality is that it froze. Also they just came out with a huge patch, and it fixed lots of loading issues. If you still lag then it is most likely your connection, or bad room choice.

TMurphy28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 TMurphy28
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts
The graphics are great and the controls are fine. Lag isn't that bad, loading times and freezing is insane though. That's the whole point of a beta though...
Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
The more people in a game, the slower it'll take to get in. Yes there are problems, but they should be all fixed out. Besides, the teams work really well with each other unlike must other online games.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
agreed, the game is a massive joke...
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
just stick to 4v4 rooms and you will be happyriver_rat3117
agreed 32 player rooms are horrible, best matches i've been in are 8v8 and 4v4..
Avatar image for railroberto2007
railroberto2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 railroberto2007
Member since 2007 • 1405 Posts
horrible game with horrible players
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

I've hardly had any problems since the patch, not even in 32 player rooms.

The game owns. Can't wait until I can play Desert Glory again :D

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I watched the trailer today and that game seriously looks siht sandwich. I wouldn't have bought it if it came out 10 years ago looking like that... but I'm guessing it was an early build. You make it sound like it hasn't improved much. But you can polish a turd all you like, it's still a turd.

yeaaboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yeaaboii
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts
How can you say the controls are bad when you can fully customize the controls... i personally love the game because i am all about the stealth.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Maybe we're in different beta because the one I have been playing for the last week looks great and controls very well.

It's true that the loading times are still being worked on, but they are not 30 minutes as implied but 1-4 minutes. There are also time to time lag spikes, however they don't influence the majority of the games.

I'm guessing majority of those who are complaining about game visuals either don't see very well, or are just simply watching youtube videos.

Maybe I should upload a few videos of my own to prove that Socom: Confrontation looks good and is far beyond PS2 predecessors.

I don't mean to offend, but all the negative visual and control comments are incorrect and false.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

i have not experienced bad loading time at all...maybe a lil lag in the game but thats expected. The game of course doesnt look so gorgeous...are you forgetting how big the maps are going to be and its 32v32....seriously!...the controls are the same as before...only one thing i dont like about it is L1 or some reason doesnt go to your pistol..but to your other equipment unless you manually change it other than that the controls are the same. Also socom has always updates to fix bugs and stuff. this game is going to run smoothly probably not on the first week its out but a few weeks in it will live up to its expectationsCryoGoblin

I love the beta dude!... lil minor issues here and there... that practically is in the definition of a beta tho so I can deal with it... besides they're patching it to try and fix any issues

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Horrible controls? I think the gameplay is spot on, I love it....but yea the Beta sucks, I quit playing it because...

• Freezing problems
  • Random controller shut downs
  • long load times
  • Laggy rooms
Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts

horrible game with horrible playersrailroberto2007

I take it you're one of them, right? :lol:

This game is freakin' sick, I can't wait for the 14th.

RomanticFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RomanticFool
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
you wonder if 32 v 32 lags, how 128 v 128 will be with MAG....
corndawg69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 corndawg69
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

This game is awesome, and who cares about glitches its a FREE beta.

Jillian11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jillian11
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts
The game would be so good if it wasn't like a slideshow. But I did enjoy slaughtering people with a machine gun though it's innaccurate. :P I got like 3 kills then I got killed. :( But then I got some error and then I got kicked out. :cry: Haven't played it since and that was like 2 weeks ago.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

The more people in a game, the slower it'll take to get in. Yes there are problems, but they should be all fixed out. Besides, the teams work really well with each other unlike must other online games.Dan_Lero

I hope its fixed as well, I personally like the game...but I refuse to buy it if it has these problems in the final game, especially with R2 and Gears 2 comming out

Avatar image for railroberto2007
railroberto2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 railroberto2007
Member since 2007 • 1405 Posts
i think letting all these people beta test it will hurt sales cus i for one know of three people that are canceling their preorders. i hope no 360 fanboys play this game somewhere cus then they will really make fun of us
Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
please half of these people crying were not playing since day one of beta release. It has gotten better. I suspect this will be much better 2-3 weeks after all bugs are fixed and patches are released.
Avatar image for 224385652654335052701865008979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 224385652654335052701865008979
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts

It's hard to say when they put together their beta build. I don't think it's fair to judge the final product on what could very well have been something cobbled together 2 or 3 months ago (maybe even longer). The whole point of online betas is to soak test with real online situations, something that would be hard to do with small skirmishes internally. Enjoy the fact that you're given the opportunity to play the game before anyone else. They do want your feedback but please keep in mind that this is by no means a finished product. The difference between our private beta (Resistance 2) and what we have now is immense. I have no reason to believe that this wouldn't be the case with the final socom product.

TYLERxDURDEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TYLERxDURDEN
Member since 2007 • 292 Posts

After reading the majority of the negative posts I can assume most of you are not familiar with the series. The beta really isnt that bad. There are lag issues and load time issues, although most of those have been addressed, and the graphics complaints just are not true at all. The game looks great and the lighting effects are spectacular. But what it all comes down to is gameplay. Socom is a Strategical shooter not a run and gun COD4 (which literally anyone can be great at), Socom takes much more skill to be an elite player than the other shooters out there simply because of its stealth and strategical style.

ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
I need a demo.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

the recent patch took out all lag period, it takes about 30 seconds to get into a game now, the only problemn is the scoreboard doesnt work lol.