Socom 4 beta news and new Bomb squad details

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dKfalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dKfalcon
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

....from Socom.com blog

Competitive multiplayer has always been the core of the SOCOM franchise, and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs takes it further than ever before with modes and options that both new recruits and veterans alike will enjoy. We've previously covered three of our four competitive modes -- Suppression, Last Defense and Uplink -- and today we're excited to unveil our fourth mode, Bomb Squad.

In Bomb Squad, Insurgents have planted a number of bombs around the map and the Spec Ops team must defuse them all before time runs out. What makes Bomb Squad special is that it features the unique Bomb Technician character, played by one member of the Spec Ops team, who is charged with defusing the explosives. He carries both an automatic shotgun and a mobile grenade launcher and is very heavily armored, making him a deadly force on his own; that said, the technician is still an open target any time he turns his back to defuse Insurgent bombs. Succeeding in Bomb Squad requires tactics, teamwork, patience and confidence to get the job done, all pillars of the overall SOCOM experience.

When can you get your hands on Bomb Squad, you ask? Well, you'll be able to try out all four of our modes on two maps in our upcoming beta! The SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta will include each of the game's competitive multiplayer modes -- Suppression, Last Defense, Uplink and Bomb Squad -- all playable on the maps "Port Authority" and "Assault & Battery". And of course, you'll be able to play each of our modes in either of their Standard or ****c variants.

The SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta will roll out in four separate phases. It'll begin with a small, private group and then expand weekly from there until it's freely available to everyone! Here's the schedule for each of the beta's rollout phases:

• On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We'll be contacting eligible players soon.
  • Beginning March 22nd, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.
  • On March 29th, anyone with a beta code included with Killzone 3 gains entry.
  • Starting April 5th, the beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.

The beta is scheduled to run until April 13th, at which point the servers will be taken down in preparation of SOCOM 4's retail release on April 19th!

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
lucky imma be in both PS+ and the promotion code =), or will it be from the 15th they will keep adding each stage?
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
out of all the colors, u had to pick black, jesus my eye balls feel like poppin out
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
lucky imma be in both PS+ and the promotion code =), or will it be from the 15th they will keep adding each stage?Keasy4
Once you're in, you're in until the end. Basically your KZ3 code is useless to you.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Rick_14
Man if there's no respawn in classic mode, Bomb Squad is gonna really require teamwork to keep the Bomb Defuser safe. Could be an awesome game mode.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I was so happy when i read the playstation blog about this.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

There is no respawn in classic mode AT ALL!!! and yes it will require a lot of teamwork, thats what made socom, socom.

Man if there's no respawn in classic mode, Bomb Squad is gonna really require teamwork to keep the Bomb Defuser safe. Could be an awesome game mode.The_Rick_14

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Rick_14

There is no respawn in classic mode AT ALL!!! and yes it will require a lot of teamwork, thats what made socom, socom. [QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]Man if there's no respawn in classic mode, Bomb Squad is gonna really require teamwork to keep the Bomb Defuser safe. Could be an awesome game mode.redskins2156

Good. My fondest SOCOM memories are 2 on 2 situations where me a friend beat the other two simple because we used better tactics.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
March 29th for people with a code from KZ3, eh? Fine. Although I expected the beta to be a little sooner... like "Right Now."
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
out of all the colors, u had to pick black, jesus my eye balls feel like poppin outJoKeR_421
Yeah you have to highlight it, but it just keeps people from reading their posts.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I'm so glad I'm a PSN+ member.