So who is getting the bible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

I work at a local gamestore and on Friday we got our FF13 guides in, seamed like a pretty vanille (pun intended) guide.. We didn't how ever get the bible in, so i was forced to order from Gamestop (had a free shipping code so figured might as well, plus Amazon stuff always seems to arrive late at my house). It looks pretty sweet.. anyone else order the FFXIII bible?

Also ,lol, it totally looks like a bible right?

SovietGRU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SovietGRU
Member since 2009 • 143 Posts

That thing looks pretty nice. I have not seen it before. If they have one at the store when I go pick up my copy of the game, I might get one. Although, $40 is kind of steep.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

I got my Gideons on my night stand.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I preordered the guide with the game, so unless my Gamestop doesn't get it for some reason I'll be getting it.
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PoisoN_Facecam0

The Final Fantasy XIII collector's edition guide will be a pristine coffee table book, printed on highest-quality, 100# paper and encased in a hard cover. It will be limited to just one print run and each copy will be sequentially numbered.

Exclusive additional 16-page section featuring an overview and analysis of the Final Fantasy XIII storyThe 100% complete guide to FINAL FANTASY XIII

Every secret, every side-quest, every mini-game, every bonus, every Achievement and every Trophy revealed and explained in a dedicated Extras chapter

Dedicated walkthrough charts the most rewarding path through this epic adventureStrategy & Analysis chapter exposes hidden mechanics, advanced battle tactics and techniques for obtaining optimal rewards

All-encompassing Inventory and Bestiary chapters feature exhaustive lists and tables covering all enemies, weapons and shopBears all the hallmarks of a Piggyback guide, including annotated maps, hi-res screenshots and a wealth of exclusive, official artwork

Carefully designed to avoid unnecessary story spoilers

I don't know.. the bullet points are pretty awesome.. plus its limited to one print which means it will go up in value most likely... having a Bestiary on paper is also awesome...

Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts

When I first saw this I was confused. I didn't even know this existed, I'm not going to be getting FF13 for awhile but I'll be skipping this bible, I already have a bible on my ipod and my night table.

PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PoisoN_Facecam0
I preordered the guide with the game, so unless my Gamestop doesn't get it for some reason I'll be getting it.Legolas_Katarn
Did you get a deal on it? Because my local Gamestops have a pre order deal with game and guide but its only the regular guide..
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

If I need a guide I'll just go read one of the dozens of free FFXIII gamefaqs guides. No need to blow $40 on one. Even if it is collectable, it's unlikely anyone is going to care much about it since only the most hardcore collectors are going to be interested in a guidebook. Only games with limited production runs are worth buying solely for rarity, not guidebooks.

iDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iDivine
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

Cool! I already have a notebook though and it'll come with many guides thanks to youtube.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Thanks for the advertising, but there is no way I'll waste $40 on a hardcover guide. Internet free information FTW!

vicekingz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vicekingz
Member since 2008 • 374 Posts

So what's the difference between the normal guide and the bible guide? Is it just the cover?

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

the "side quests and mini games" must be very funny as there may be about 10 side quests and 5 mini games

Scar_Finger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scar_Finger
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts
after playing 8 without one, and playing 9, 10, and 12 with one, ive come to realize guides ruin the whole game for me and makes me feel as if im reading through a direction manual for work
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Legolas_Katarn
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]I preordered the guide with the game, so unless my Gamestop doesn't get it for some reason I'll be getting it.PoisoN_Facecam0
Did you get a deal on it? Because my local Gamestops have a pre order deal with game and guide but its only the regular guide..

I would assume it is 20% off like all the guides you buy with the game. If not, I'll buy it anyway.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

Thanks for the advertising, but there is no way I'll waste $40 on a hardcover guide. Internet free information FTW!

WR_Platinum
Same here. I want to laugh everytime the guys at GameStop try to push a strategy guide on me. Beyond being a collectible of sorts there's really no need!
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Hell yeah I'm getting one. Amazon already shipped it out to me today. Got it for less than 19 bucks. Sweet.

PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PoisoN_Facecam0
[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

TheEldestGod
Same here. I want to laugh everytime the guys at GameStop try to push a strategy guide on me. Beyond being a collectible of sorts there's really no need!

Well i am a collector.. and the only other guides I own are for Persona 2, Parasite Eve and a black label guide for FFVII... Its a sweet collectible, especially considering very few guides come out that are worth collecting..
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PoisoN_Facecam0

Hell yeah I'm getting one. Amazon already shipped it out to me today. Got it for less than 19 bucks. Sweet.

yokofox33
19!? how the hell?
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

PoisoN_Facecam0

19!? how the hell?

Because they were selling it for super cheap. And if you pre-order they'll always give you the lowest price. So if you pre-order something at 20 bucks and they reduce the price to 15 bucks before it ships you'll get that price. Amazon is the best! Free 2-day shipping as well because I have a Prime trial right now.

david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts
Also ,lol, it totally looks like a bible right?PoisoN_Facecam0
No, it doesn't. >.> But it looks pretty cool though.
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PoisoN_Facecam0

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

19!? how the hell?

Because they were selling it for super cheap. And if you pre-order they'll always give you the lowest price. So if you pre-order something at 20 bucks and they reduce the price to 15 bucks before it ships you'll get that price. Amazon is the best! Free 2-day shipping as well because I have a Prime trial right now.

I was just on amazon and they didn't even have a price for it... its not even available to pre-order yet on amazon.ca...
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PoisoN_Facecam0

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]Also ,lol, it totally looks like a bible right?david_lck
No, it doesn't. >.> But it looks pretty cool though.

it looks pretty similar to me... without the text i doubt you could tell the difference ;)

not FFXIII bibleff13 bible

Eneru112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eneru112
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

enjoy your children's game

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yokofox33

enjoy your children's game

Eneru112

lol ok. I will!

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

amsfm6
I got The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sitting there like every other normal person, you heretic!
-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

I used to get the guides, but I felt that they had starting to put things in their games like the Zodiac Spear so you had to buy the guide to get everything...so I stopped buying guides.

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="amsfm6"]

NotAFurry

I got The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster sitting there like every other normal person, you heretic!

Exactly, me too.... i also cant believe people still thinks that gravity exists... you know, things go up and down just because the FSM uses one of his many noodle appendages to raise or lower stuff.

----

And no, not getting the guide.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
it is nice but im with WR on this one FREE internet guide>>>>>$40 strategy guide
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]

I work at a local gamestore and on Friday we got our FF13 guides in, seamed like a pretty vanille (pun intended) guide.. We didn't how ever get the bible in, so i was forced to order from Gamestop (had a free shipping code so figured might as well, plus Amazon stuff always seems to arrive late at my house). It looks pretty sweet.. anyone else order the FFXIII bible?

Also ,lol, it totally looks like a bible right?

Why are you calling it a bible? Also I never buy strategy guides. I beat the game on my own first and if I want to do everything later I look it up on the net for free.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

I'm just gonna grab the Bradygames guide *raises flame shield*

elbos2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 elbos2k
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

I got my CE guide from Amazon for $20 as well. Even though I don't use guides I thought this one looked nice and it's a hard cover.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jeremiah06

I got my CE guide from Amazon for $20 as well. Even though I don't use guides I thought this one looked nice and it's a hard cover.

elbos2k
I just checked amazon and they aren't even selling the CE guide yet.
elbos2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 elbos2k
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

[QUOTE="elbos2k"]

jeremiah06

They had them for sale about 3 weeks ago so you missed out buddy.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="elbos2k"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="elbos2k"]

lol I didn't miss out on anything... Internet = info for free.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="elbos2k"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"] I just checked amazon and they aren't even selling the CE guide yet.jeremiah06

You get free internet? Noice.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Legolas_Katarn
[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]it is nice but im with WR on this one FREE internet guide>>>>>$40 strategy guide

It's just to collect. They usually aren't very helpful when it comes to actual strategies. I have the FFX guide and it actually has information that is wrong. I think Gamestop has it for $35, that is the price on the site and getting the game will get me 20% off so it's not going to be $40.
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts

Amazon WAS selling the guide for $19 but theyre sold out. Walmart also had them for $19 at one point but is now selling it for $35

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="elbos2k"]

If by free you mean I don't pay for it then yes.
Shoooryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shoooryuken
Member since 2009 • 969 Posts
Playing with guides sucks. If you miss some good items or even characters, so be it. If you can't come up with good strategies, use your brain. If it is for the sake of completing the game after finishing it w/o a guide, I dont mind. Wont be getting it though. The Internet will have it for free. And 40bucks is too much. I can get another game for that money lol.
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts

Here if you want it get it quick: http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Final-Fantasy-XIII-The-Complete-Official-Guide-Deluxe-Edition-Hardcover/4661951/product.html

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"] lol I didn't miss out on anything... Internet = info for free.jeremiah06

Same here :D

And I do frequent gamefaqs for some things, like collectibles and things like that, but I do like a shiny and pretty printed guide for my FF's.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Same here :D

And I do frequent gamefaqs for some things, like collectibles and things like that, but I do like a shiny and pretty printed guide for my FF's.

I've never been one for a game guide. Back before the days on the PC(or at least my PC days) I was too prideful to relying on guides but if games keep pulling crap like the ffxii zodiac spear then you have no choice look up info.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I got mine from Amazon for $17 and change (yes, the hardcover CE guide). It came today (which surprised me), and from the little bit I've seen, it's beautiful.

I haven't really looked through it yet for obvious reasons, nor will I until I beat the game. Sure like the bit I've seen so far, though.

EDIT: For those saying they don't see it on Amazon, it's because they sold out of their allocation not too long ago. With the incredible price they had it for, needless to say, it flew off of their shelves quite quickly.