So which Fighting game do you like best on PSV ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Being a huge fan of fighting games I got all the good ones currently available, and I must say am very happy with these ports..

Visually they may not be on par with the PS3 but surely they look great and gameplay wise offer the same experiece on the go..

Personally my favorite games are SF x Tekken & BlazBlue.. However UMvsC3 & MK are grea as well

which is yours?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
playstation all stars
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Malta_1980

playstation all starscampzor

Oh crap i forgot to include that one :(

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Oh god. You mentioned 3 favorites. Cant answer that.
crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 crazypal
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

well, for now I only have Mortal Kombat and PS all stars.
Ps all stars is fun but I feel its true potential only achieved by multiplayer mode either online or better with actual friends and I don't have either .. "I know .. I lead a sad life ".
so my vote went to mortal Kombat. However I'm in love for anything Tekken so I guess once I have streetfighter X Tekken it will be my fav fighter.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Malta_1980

well, for now I only have Mortal Kombat and PS all stars.
Ps all stars is fun but I feel its true potential only achieved by multiplayer mode either online or better with actual friends and I don't have either .. "I know .. I lead a sad life ".
so my vote went to mortal Kombat. However I'm in love for anything Tekken so I guess once I have streetfighter X Tekken it will be my fav fighter.

crazypal

SF x Tekken is my current favorite :)

Its such a great game...

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Being an old-school gamer I've always wanted to see a Marvel vs Capcom game on a handheld, especially MvsC2 during the Dreamcast era.
crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crazypal

this handheld is a fighting ring ... dead or alive 5 plus is coming at march :) that should be fun :)

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
All Stars for sure.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I don't like most 'traditional' fighting games, so definitely PSASBR. I had some fun with the beta, and I'm looking forward to nabbing a copy of the game sometime next year.

I haven't really been following things since its release, other than hearing about the review score here on GS. I'm hoping it has a decent-sized playerbase, and that people will stay active on the game for much of the Vita's lifespan.

mcgrady1hou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mcgrady1hou
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

i love and have 3 of these games sfx tekken,PSABR,an MK all great games ont the vita if anyone wants to play add me starrivals66

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

UMvC3 is the best of the bunch. MK could be had for cheap, PS All Stars too if you know someone with PS3 version looking to get rid of Vita code. Would not recommend SFxT.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Spent the most time on Mortal Kombat.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#14 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
UMvC3 is the only one I have (that I got for free), so it wins by default. It's a game I want to like, but it does such a shoddy job of teaching me how it works. When you're inexperienced with any fighting game, it's extremely difficult to jump into a game as fast and complex as MvC... It's a shame, because it seems like a truly deep and complex fighter.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Definitely UMVC3.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Malta_1980

UMvC3 is the only one I have (that I got for free), so it wins by default. It's a game I want to like, but it does such a shoddy job of teaching me how it works. When you're inexperienced with any fighting game, it's extremely difficult to jump into a game as fast and complex as MvC... It's a shame, because it seems like a truly deep and complex fighter.Granpire

Fighting games are quite complex even though many believe all you need to do is just push randomly buttoms and you'll eventually hit something :)

UMvC3 is another great addition to the series and definately a game to own... It takes time to master it but its very rewarding at the same time

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Malta_1980

UMvC3 is the best of the bunch. MK could be had for cheap, PS All Stars too if you know someone with PS3 version looking to get rid of Vita code. Would not recommend SFxT.

Gxgear

What didnt you like of the game?

Personally I think its a very solid fighting game and is my current fav... UMvC3 is also great !!

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Granpire

Fighting games are quite complex even though many believe all you need to do is just push randomly buttoms and you'll eventually hit something :)

UMvC3 is another great addition to the series and definately a game to own... It takes time to master it but its very rewarding at the same time

Malta_1980
I've known that fighters are complex for some time, but I meant to say that I've never been able to take advantage of the depth because they (or specifically UMvC) does a terrible job of teaching you. I could put the time in, but even with a decent understanding of each character's moves(difficult enough with some characters), I'll never fully understand just which moves can be chained into lengthy combos. And no, memorizing specific long attack chains in Mission mode is not helpful. Not to mention the fact that some moves on the movelist are poorly explained and left to the player to figure out exactly how to execute. There are research tools available for this, but still, not having them in the game is inexcusable.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Malta_1980

[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

Granpire

I've known that fighters are complex for some time, but I meant to say that I've never been able to take advantage of the depth because they (or specifically UMvC) does a terrible job of teaching you. I could put the time in, but even with a decent understanding of each character's moves(difficult enough with some characters), I'll never fully understand just which moves can be chained into lengthy combos. And no, memorizing specific long attack chains in Mission mode is not helpful. Not to mention the fact that some moves on the movelist are poorly explained and left to the player to figure out exactly how to execute. There are research tools available for this, but still, not having them in the game is inexcusable.

Oh i see.. i fully understand what you mean since it happens to me as well...

Normally what I do is tackle 2-3 characters at a time, trying as much as I can to master them so that I can eventually move on to other characters..

in UMvC3 what I did was, 1st tried all characters and some of the moves to see what was the best combo when it came to teaming up characters..

But this is quite a long procedure and one must truly love fighting games and willing to focus on a game...

In the end though we always end up playing with the same few characters from each game since its quite difficult to master all of them or else memorizing all their moves :)

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Granpire
I stuck with Rocket Raccoon, Amaterasu, and Phoenix Wright most of the time, and I started to get quite good when playing against my cousin, but online I still got crushed, and my combos that seemed to work were mostly luck, since I hadn't consciously figured out which sequences of buttons to press. I just had a general idea, and while that's enough to get you through in local multiplayer, it's not really building my skill with the game. I do think it's lots of fun with others, but it's just not a game you can hope to jump into in any competitive capacity and expect to stand a chance. If I had a community of fighting fans to show me the ropes, I'd be willing to put in the practice time and play with some real skilled people, but otherwise I don't have the time to become good at a game that I can't play with others (I don't live near my cousin anymore, and we don't play online much). At any rate, I'd be totally willing to play some UMvC3 games for fun with you(or anyone else) if you'd like to add me and party chat while we play. My PSN ID is GranpireV
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Umvsc3
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Blazblue is the only good fighting game on the system so far.
crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 crazypal

Question for ya Malta : since SF X TEKKEn is your fav and I am so close to getting it, how does the strret fighter 6 buttons system work? I mean on the vita you only have the 4 face buttons so is it still playable? what about Tekken characters I read they don't have anti-aerial moves.
anymore hints or advise from ya are appreciated :)

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Malta_1980

Question for ya Malta : since SF X TEKKEn is your fav and I am so close to getting it, how does the strret fighter 6 buttons system work? I mean on the vita you only have the 4 face buttons so is it still playable? what about Tekken characters I read they don't have anti-aerial moves.
anymore hints or advise from ya are appreciated :)

crazypal

Well when it comes to controls one must keep in mind a handheld like PSV will not perform the same as playing the console version with a Hori / Madcatz arcade stick...

Keeping that in mind, i do feel Capcom managed to do a decent job with the controls and they are fluid and responsive... it just takes a little while to get used to them.. Personally i dont use the touchpad controls since they get more in the way rather than help :)

As for the Tekken characters I do agree Capcom should have thought better on how to balance the game by adding some sort of anti-aerial moves.. However experieced players will surely find ways to adjust and kick some butts with the Tekken roster :)

All i can say is that ultimately the PSV version will surely please SF fans in the same way UMvC3 did, cause both are awesome fighting games..

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i would have to choose between MK or SFxT

SFxT wins in my eyes only cause it looks a lil better, and i already played the hell outta MK, and SFxT feels new

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Malta_1980

What didnt you like of the game?

Personally I think its a very solid fighting game and is my current fav... UMvC3 is also great !!

Unless they made some huge updates to the game overall recently, there's just some things that are inherently broken about the game. The timeovers, character balancing issues, infinite combos, pandora/gem mechanics needing some work. I wouldn't claim to be an expert in all the specifics, but I was going to make SFxT my main fighting game on Vita and while researching I've heard enough issues about it to make the switch to UMvC3 instead. I still think the game is cool though, and I prefer its art direction over UMvC3's, but it's more about the idea/essence of the game than the actual product.

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
Blaz blue is the one I recommend, it has a wonderful story mode, any anime fan would enjoy that game the most : ) .
crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 crazypal

Blaz blue is the one I recommend, it has a wonderful story mode, any anime fan would enjoy that game the most : ) .3aNkabot

Hi spider, I am an anime fan but I never played blaz blue, do ya think I should get it?

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Malta_1980

[QUOTE="3aNkabot"]Blaz blue is the one I recommend, it has a wonderful story mode, any anime fan would enjoy that game the most : ) .crazypal

Hi spider, I am an anime fan but I never played blaz blue, do ya think I should get it?

I would only suggest getting Blazblue if you like fighting games... While I enjoyed the story mode dont expect them to be amazing...

However if i have to judge Blazblue as a fighting game its simply great.. Great replay value and you'll probably find it for cheap..

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts

[QUOTE="3aNkabot"]Blaz blue is the one I recommend, it has a wonderful story mode, any anime fan would enjoy that game the most : ) .crazypal

I believe you will enjoy it : ), its pretty nice, the japanese vocals / dialogues in story mode makes you feel like watching an anime. Its a very nice game get it imo . Pretty sure you can find it for a cheap price nowadays.
crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crazypal

oh guys you are tempting me here :) I feel like I might gonna get blazblu after all. Goodness now I have MK and PS all stars , SF X Tekken is on it's way to my home and now I'm thinking blazblue?!! these are fighters for lifetimes !! only downside most likely juggling this many fighters will render me a NO master at any of them but what the hell :)

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Malta_1980

oh guys you are tempting me here :) I feel like I might gonna get blazblu after all. Goodness now I have MK and PS all stars , SF X Tekken is on it's way to my home and now I'm thinking blazblue?!! these are fighters for lifetimes !! only downside most likely juggling this many fighters will render me a NO master at any of them but what the hell :)

crazypal

Just focus on a couple of characters everytime for each game.. dont go all out and try to master all the fighters at once since you'd fail miserably.. At least thats how i tackle fighting games

My only wish is to see KOF and Guilty Gear games coming out for PSV :) that would be awesome !!

crazypal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 crazypal

[QUOTE="crazypal"]

Malta_1980

Just focus on a couple of characters everytime for each game.. dont go all out and try to master all the fighters at once since you'd fail miserably.. At least thats how i tackle fighting games

My only wish is to see KOF and Guilty Gear games coming out for PSV :) that would be awesome !!

TEKKEN too man :) but don't ya think you have to understand the other characters so you could anticipate and counter thier moves?

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Malta_1980

[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

[QUOTE="crazypal"]

crazypal

TEKKEN too man :) but don't ya think you have to understand the other characters so you could anticipate and counter thier moves?

well you need to have a good idea of all the fighters but still its best to master the fighters you prefer most and know their strenghts & weak points

SuperSquall89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SuperSquall89
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
BlazeBlue Was the first game i got for the Vita. Its also available for the PSP for cheaper so you can get a feel for it before you buy the more expensive Vita version.