So what exactly do you lose when playstation plus expires?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Klofle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Klofle
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts

I was just wondering, since we are all getting a month of plus free. If a game is discounted, do i get to keep it? Because i know certain things go away. I just wouldnt want to buy stuff during that month and then lose it. But if i can get a discout on things i want during that month, that would be awesome if i can keep them. Thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm almost positive you get to keep discounted games and DLC forever. The stuff you lose is the free games they give away.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I might buy MAG on the discounted time i get, of course you get to keep the free stuff or they wouldn't call it free, it would be free rental in the case it expires when PS+ runs out. I just hope the store is back on so we can make use of our gift.
SerpentX541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SerpentX541
Member since 2009 • 654 Posts

The free games expire, but are playable once you re-up. Anything you paid money for is yours to keep.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm almost positive you get to keep discounted games and DLC forever. The stuff you lose is the free games they give away.

yokofox33

Yes, this is what I was going to come in and say, good going yoko! :P
Easy way to remember, if you actually pay money, it's yours. If it was free, it goes away.

major_cain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 major_cain
Member since 2005 • 45 Posts

so my question is, is the free game (assuming thats what they decide to give us)they are giving away for the outage going to expire when the ps+ subscription expires as well? if thats the case that is extemely shady, give us a free game then make us pay to keep it after a month.

xconbud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 xconbud
Member since 2004 • 716 Posts

If they take stuff back from us after the 30 days are up then seriously sony can go f*** itself with a aids infested barbwire rod.:evil:

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I don't think Sony is going to make everyone happy, it's just impossible.

caketoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 caketoo
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
If theres a seperate free DL itll prob be forever but itll prob be some crappy mini or a PS one game. As for Plus any Free game or add on you cant play without an active plus subscritption. Anything you purchase at a discount,any avatars and any themes even free ones you get to keep forever.
Nate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nate_
Member since 2009 • 205 Posts

So how is this, how to we get his free stuff if PS Store is going to back up late this month, how do we get the free/discounted stuff if the store is down? Hope the store gets fixed before the + expires, I want to get my hands on free stuff.

momentum_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 momentum_god
Member since 2011 • 779 Posts

The only thing you lose is acess to the free games you downloaded, if you subscribe later you get them back, and as for the concerns about psn store not being up till later this month, it's not going to start until until the psnstore is back up

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Its great Sony will be giving everyone something, however if they give us something free to download only to take it away again for those of us who don't want PS+ then that is a bad move. It comes across as them just trying to make us pay them money rather than it being a nice gesture for PSN being down.
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
You can keep the DLC after the month expires even if it was free ?
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

If they take stuff back from us after the 30 days are up then seriously sony can go f*** itself with a aids infested barbwire rod.:evil:

xconbud
Wow. How eloquent of you. Sony is still a corporation that needs to make money. That is true now more than ever. They aren't going to simply hand you a bunch of free stuff with no incentive to spend any money at all. This whole PS+ giveaway is simply a stab at driving up their revenue to cover some of their losses as they are hoping that many will choose to pay for the service after a month. I still appreciate what they are doing, but I think you are misinterpreting the main thrust of the program: money.
momentum_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 momentum_god
You can keep the DLC after the month expires even if it was free ?jack00
Nope not dlc, you lose access to it like the games, I forgot about it cuz I've only seen dlc on thing once and it wasn't to a game I owned
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#16 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Why is every one assuming that the free DLC (we don't even know what it us yet) is going to expire if we don't pay for PSN after the free month?

Obviously if you take advantage of the free PS1 games or something, yes they will expire. But when sony ays they are giving something else away, wouldn't it be logical to assume that it's seperate from PSN+

momentum_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 momentum_god

Why is every one assuming that the free DLC (we don't even know what it us yet) is going to expire if we don't pay for PSN after the free month?

Obviously if you take advantage of the free PS1 games or something, yes they will expire. But when sony ays they are giving something else away, wouldn't it be logical to assume that it's seperate from PSN+

BuryMe
Free DLC from psn+ expires like the games, I just looked it up
4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts
God some of you children are so spoiled these days. your parents needed to say NO to you more often because your sense of self entitlement is outrageous. I don't see anything wrong with what Sony is doing. they aren't giving you a free game, they are giving you a free month of a service (psn+). One month of a "free'' game is the is part of the service. the real benefit to all this is the discounts off what already exist on psn. but it seems some of you want the whole world.
antixnette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 antixnette
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Probably just lose the service.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

momentum_god
Free DLC from psn+ expires like the games, I just looked it up

ur wrong, thats all im going to say
Klofle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Klofle
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. ONe more question, if free games expire, would i be correct in saying games that normally cost money but are free with plus also expire? And if you dont want to buy anything from plus, sony has said they are also (in addition to the free month of service) giving us "free entertainment packages that will vary by region." That prolly wont expire, and im hoping for something good. Even a movie or two would be cool.

GEE_WIZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GEE_WIZZ
Member since 2010 • 428 Posts

I had PS+ on the account I gave my cousin, when it expired none of the free DLC, themes, or avatars expired, only games. I won't guarantee anything just my experience.

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
This is why we need a PS+ sticky. One thing on free games, *not all* of them expire. There's been plenty that have no expiry date and will remain even after expiry. DLC also doesn't expire.
GEE_WIZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GEE_WIZZ
Member since 2010 • 428 Posts

This is why we need a PS+ sticky. One thing on free games, *not all* of them expire. There's been plenty that have no expiry date and will remain even after expiry. DLC also doesn't expire.xsynth
Yeah somebody make a 'PS+ Keep it here!' thread I agree.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

It's more of a marketing ploy than an honest apology IMO.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts

parvie
i'm fine with that if im getting something for free :P
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
[QUOTE="parvie"]

Batang_X990
i'm fine with that if im getting something for free :P

Well I'd rather have Sony send a representative to my house, get on his/her knees, and kiss my toes with an apology.
Brawnze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Brawnze
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

xconbud

Be happy that they're giving us a gift. :P

Avatar image for NintendoLover00
NintendoLover00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NintendoLover00
Member since 2008 • 2426 Posts
Do the games still show up in trophy information? Do we keep the trophies?
Ripper_TV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 1

#30 Ripper_TV
Member since 2005 • 2972 Posts

The free games expire, but are playable once you re-up. Anything you paid money for is yours to keep.

SerpentX541

Good answer. Dunno about you guys, but I feel that PS Plus is a ripoff.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="SerpentX541"]

Ripper_TV

Good answer. Dunno about you guys, but I feel that PS Plus is a ripoff.

I don't think it is a ripoff at all. I have already saved more money that I would have spent without it. I love Qore and I would have paid for that, plus I have gotten tons of discounted stuff.