So the unexpected happened....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
#1 Posted by ristactionjakso (6118 posts) -

I'm ridiculously addicted to Dark Souls 2......... I liked Demon's Souls, but wasn't really into it. Absolutely hate Dark Souls 1. The game just felt half done as far as gameplay goes. Then one day I went off a limb and bought DS2 during a psn flash sale. Amazing game. I might go ahead and give Demon's Souls another go after DS2. But who else is just engrossed into DS2?

And if there is any hints or secret paths and what not, go ahead and share.

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

Yeah Dark Souls 2 is great, though I find your comment about Dark Souls 1 really strange.

I dumped like 60 hours into Dark Souls 2 around launch. I'm like 1/8th of the way through NG+, wanna get close to the end before the DLC comes out.. Not sure if I'll even play it at launch depending how long it is.

Avatar image for clr84651
#3 Posted by clr84651 (5634 posts) -

For me....best was Demon's Souls, then Dark Souls, then Dark Souls 2.

Avatar image for xone_shotx91
#4 Posted by XOne_ShotX91 (152 posts) -

If I have enough money after paying bills, Im going to get it this Friday. I love the first one.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
#5 Posted by ristactionjakso (6118 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Yeah Dark Souls 2 is great, though I find your comment about Dark Souls 1 really strange.

I dumped like 60 hours into Dark Souls 2 around launch. I'm like 1/8th of the way through NG+, wanna get close to the end before the DLC comes out.. Not sure if I'll even play it at launch depending how long it is.

Ya I don't know what it was about DS1. I just felt like there was something a bit off.

Avatar image for DarkblueNinja
#6 Posted by DarkblueNinja (1016 posts) -

Only play DS2 for a few hours and just couldn't go on. Hopefully it will come out on PS4 with the DLC too so I can buy and finish it.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#7 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

I'm ridiculously addicted to Dark Souls 2......... I liked Demon's Souls, but wasn't really into it. Absolutely hate Dark Souls 1. The game just felt half done as far as gameplay goes.

They're practically identical though...you don't make a lick of sense

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#8 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

Nope, staying away from those games

Avatar image for nitro73
#9 Posted by Nitro73 (25 posts) -

I personally think Demon's Souls was the best. Hands down, without a doubt, I love the game. I agree with ristactiojakso about Dark Souls 1, because for some reason I hated it too. I think it was the fact they went to an open world, and it didn't feel right to me. Dark Souls 2 was better, but didn't capture the same magic that Demon's Souls did.

Now Bloodborne.... That looks like a game I can sink my teeth into.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
#10 Posted by ristactionjakso (6118 posts) -

@nitro73 said:

I personally think Demon's Souls was the best. Hands down, without a doubt, I love the game. I agree with ristactiojakso about Dark Souls 1, because for some reason I hated it too. I think it was the fact they went to an open world, and it didn't feel right to me. Dark Souls 2 was better, but didn't capture the same magic that Demon's Souls did.

Now Bloodborne.... That looks like a game I can sink my teeth into.

Well Dark Souls 1 isn't open world.

But I just feel it didn't play correctly for some reason.