So... SONY isnt gonna give us nothing?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I know Im gonna sound like a whiny bitch and selfish dickwad, but... hear me out.

So we know PSN was down for 4 very important days. We couldnt play crap during that time.

Now Sony has offered some freebies and such to apologize about their network being down/hack and causing inconvenience.

But this time around SONY didnt really say anything to us about what happened and havent said if they'll do something for us either.

Normally is the PSN outage happened on some other time of the year, I wouldnt really think about this, but because this outage was during Christmas a time people are buying the console and games and want to play, they kinda sort of just maybe owe us something. no?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Nengo_Flow: This time it wasn't their fault

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Well people paid Sony for a service they didn't get.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Wow, get over it dude. Sure you can be upset, but to expect free stuff in return? smh.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

If a bank gets robbed, we typically blame the robbers and not the bank.

Even if you have PSN+, the actual rate per day works out to about 16 cents per day if you calculate yearly rate prorated on per day basis. If you really want I guess Sony can refund your PS wallet 64 cents?

-Byshop

Noblecowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Noblecowboy
Member since 2014 • 44 Posts

It was only 4 days; not the end of the world. I'm sure you could think of more important things to do like spend Christmas time with your friends or family. If your cable TV or Internet went down for a few days... Do you expect to get free stuff? Nope, it's not going to happen.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Byshop said:

Even if you have PSN+, the actual rate per day works out to about 16 cents per day if you calculate yearly rate prorated on per day basis. If you really want I guess Sony can refund your PS wallet 64 cents?

-Byshop

This^

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#9 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

@noblecowboy said:

It was only 4 days; not the end of the world. I'm sure you could think of more important things to do like spend Christmas time with your friends or family. If your cable TV or Internet went down for a few days... Do you expect to get free stuff? Nope, it's not going to happen.

Let your cable bill lapse for 4 days and see what happens.

If enough people bitch, maybe Sony will throw people a bone.

I pay for PS+ and I expect it to work. If it doesn't work, then credit for the days it doesn't. Seems fair.

Noblecowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Noblecowboy
Member since 2014 • 44 Posts

@d_parker: I've had my cable internet down for almost a week in the past and that's worse than PSN+ being down. I didn't create a thread and whine about it. If Sony wants to pay you back 64 cents or give you something back in return then so be it, but Sony isn't obligated to do anything. These things happen unexpectedly all the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#11 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Remember that SOny gave something because it was down a month ... 4 days is nothing. Play offline or do something else

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@d_parker said:

If enough people bitch, maybe Sony will throw people a bone.

I pay for PS+ and I expect it to work. If it doesn't work, then credit for the days it doesn't. Seems fair.

If it were down a month, then yeah - Sony could give us money back for our lost time, because even if it isn't their fault, we aren't getting the service we paid for. I get it. But a handful of days? For me it was out for 2 days. I'll pass on demanding my 32 cents or whatever.

I don't know why we are owed a free copy of Child of Light or something because of this. What we deserve is the criminals that caused this to be punished, IMO.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

Get some fresh air dude, I know it was down on Christmas and a few days after, but is it really end of the world?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Nengo_Flow: Well, Sony did give us three games recently with the Playstation Experience when they partnered with EA. There's that. The other systems didn't get any of those games. PS+ wasn't even required.

I do want to point out too, millions of users don't celebrate the holidays, and others celebrate completely different holidays at different times. Should Sony accommodate other religious time frames and holidays for people that celebrate say in July?

---

BTW: For me and others, PSN wasn't down for four days. I suffered one day, a day and a half (2 days tops). Four days is exaggerated for me and Sony would probably be able to look at my log in times and see I wasn't down for a massive four day period and wonder why I'm being so demanding. I believe mathematically we pay about about 13 cents a day ($50 / 365 days a year = 13.6986 cents aka 13 cents). I am due a 25 cents, I guess (less than that, but I'm rounding up to a full second day). A quarter. I don't see how that would add up to a free game. Maybe a free discounted themes or avatars? Maybe others were down for that long, I'm not sure. I can only tell about my experience and my friends experience.

I do feel they could hook me up or drop off a quarter to my PS account, but I don't actually care to collect 25 cents. It's not worth the phone call or my time. If that were the case, Xbox Live owes me money as well for the years it went down at Xmas, and I expect nothing. I also think of MMO payers like World of Warcraft subscribers and how Blizzard and other MMO companies handle their downtime. One year was really bad and I got a free water game that was awful. I don't want any awful free games on PS4 that I won't play, especially since Sony just hooked me up with three recent games for nothing due to the Playstation anniversary. Maybe they should have saved those free games for the whining that happens every Xmas? Admittedly, I was shopping, hanging out with the family, going out to dinner. However, all four days I tried to log in and only one day I couldn't. I know it's regional of course, but friends in my list across the U.S. played games with each other over the holiday and it was one day that we couldn't get together, two days for some of my other friends.

I have family over and my little nephew couldn't stop playing the free copy of Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare I got for free from EA. I remember the day he couldn't play and I remember watching movies with him and playing Vita, Wii U, LBP3 with him on that day. He was my little internet PSN/XBL checker as it were.

I'm not saying they shouldn't hook us up, but I also am indifferent since every single Xmas season I'm used to the internet acting funny. It's going to get busy again next year. I just make alternate plans every year as backup.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

Wow, get over it dude. Sure you can be upset, but to expect free stuff in return? smh.

I just said I wasnt upset and that i dont expect anything, but that should they atleast try or feel like they need to compensate us because it was during the holidays, if this would of happened in the summer I wouldnt really care.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidTy

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Pardon me, but I think you overestimated or confused Xbox Live's price? PS+ is $50 a year and Xbox Live is $60 a year. I see those two prices confused a lot by others over the years or sometimes both referred to as $60 and I'm not sure if that's what happened here.

I agree with your point about blaming the robbers and not the bank and your idea to look at this per diem, but I also put calculations in my post and my math worked out differently above so I wanted to resolve the difference, kindly.

By my calculations, PS+ works out to around 13 cents a day.

$50 / 365 days a year = 13.6986 cents aka 13 cents

---

$50 / 12 months = $4.16 a month

$4.16 a month / 30 days = .1388 cents per day aka 13 cents

---

I get 13 cents no matter which way I do it.

When I plug in the incorrect price of $60 for PS+, it is then that I get 16 cents per day.

It's possible you live outside of the U.S. though, so perhaps you pay $60 in another country?

I wanted to say I did enjoy the post and the point you were driving at, but the math perplexed me.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@MethodManFTW said:

I just said I wasnt upset and that i dont expect anything, but that should they atleast try or feel like they need to compensate us because it was during the holidays, if this would of happened in the summer I wouldnt really care.

Well, I disagree. I don't feel Sony needed to compensate us anything because it was the holidays. I suppose it being the holidays is the best time for it to happen, you should probably be doing other stuff anyway.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#18 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

lol...agreed! Now if we where shut down for a few weeks, I could agree with the TC, but it was only for a few days....and it isn't like you couldn't use the system either, you could still play games off-line and watch movies.

But I will say that I do respect the TC's rights as a customer who is only expressing his opinion.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

I was expecting compensation.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I find it repulsive to blame the victim and expect something in return.

SerpentMage36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SerpentMage36
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

@mdk12345 said:

Consumers seem to stand up for Sony no matter what. Got to stand up for Sony!!!!!!!!!!! Give them a break. Wow......

As opposed to those who think Sony owes them something because PSN was down for a few days due to something that wasnt Sony's fault? Perhaps you should Tweet Lizard Squad and ask them to reimburse you for those 4 days that you couldnt use PSN. Let us know what their response is.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MarcRecon

@mdk12345 said:

Consumers seem to stand up for Sony no matter what. Got to stand up for Sony!!!!!!!!!!! Give them a break. Wow......

Nobody is sticking up for sony, it's just that some people are intelligent enough to know what actually happend! Do you know what happend?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@mdk12345 said:

Nobody is sticking up for sony, it's just that some people are intelligent enough to know what actually happend! Do you know what happend?

OH COME ON!

You're asking him that?

REALLY?

That's not fair at all

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Byshop  Moderator

@SolidTy said:

Pardon me, but I think you overestimated or confused Xbox Live's price? PS+ is $50 a year and Xbox Live is $60 a year. I see those two prices confused a lot by others over the years or sometimes both referred to as $60 and I'm not sure if that's what happened here.

I agree with your point about blaming the robbers and not the bank and your idea to look at this per diem, but I also put calculations in my post and my math worked out differently above so I wanted to resolve the difference, kindly.

---

---

When I plug in the incorrect price of $60 for PS+, it is then that I get 16 cents per day.

It's possible you live outside of the U.S. though, so perhaps you pay $60 in another country?

I wanted to say I did enjoy the post and the point you were driving at, but the math perplexed me.

Both XBL and PSN have been on autopay for years so yeah I got the price mixed up, but of course none of that really adds or subtracts from the point which was that the total amount of "lost service" equates to pocket change.

-Byshop

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SolidTy

@Byshop said:

@SolidTy said:

---

---

Both XBL and PSN have been on autopay for years so yeah I got the price mixed up, but of course none of that really adds or subtracts from the point which was that the total amount of "lost service" equates to pocket change.

-Byshop

Right on. That's what I said above when I stated, "I wanted to say I did enjoy the post and the point you were driving at", but I appreciate the reply.

I never understood the confusion between the different price points in all my run ins with different users. It's not a big deal, it was always a curiosity for me once I noticed the pattern. A little bit about me, I too am a subscriber to both (XBL since the original Xbox), but I'm not on auto pay so that definitely makes a lot more sense. I used to be on auto-pay, but not anymore.

Thanks for your insight on the confusion; I now have a lead I never had considered before.

You are right, the lost time frame is about a quarter for me. Pocket Change, indeed. Those Lizards owe me a quarter.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

I know Im gonna sound like a whiny bitch and selfish dickwad, but... hear me out.

So we know PSN was down for 4 very important days. We couldnt play crap during that time.

Now Sony has offered some freebies and such to apologize about their network being down/hack and causing inconvenience.

But this time around SONY didnt really say anything to us about what happened and havent said if they'll do something for us either.

Normally is the PSN outage happened on some other time of the year, I wouldnt really think about this, but because this outage was during Christmas a time people are buying the console and games and want to play, they kinda sort of just maybe owe us something. no?

you literally lost like 40 cents worth of service.... and it wasnt Sony's fault in the first place.... so you are basically entitled to nothing.

stop thinking you should get something for nothing. you get free games from PS+ all year. take that as your "settlement"....

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@SolidTy said:

Right on. That's what I said above when I stated, "I wanted to say I did enjoy the post and the point you were driving at", but I appreciate the reply.

I never understood the confusion between the different price points in all my run ins with different users. It's not a big deal, it was always a curiosity for me once I noticed the pattern. A little bit about me, I too am a subscriber to both (XBL since the original Xbox), but I'm not on auto pay so that definitely makes a lot more sense. I used to be on autopay, but not anymore.

Thanks for your insight on the confusio; I now have a lead I never had considered before.

The difference of $10 over the course of a year isn't even a blip on the radar to most people. That combined with the possibility that many of the people who currently pay for XBL and/or PSN set up the payments many years ago so it's understandable that someone might forget or confuse which is which (especially if someone is paying for both).

@MarcRecon said:

lol...agreed! Now if we where shut down for a few weeks, I could agree with the TC, but it was only for a few days....and it isn't like you couldn't use the system either, you could still play games off-line and watch movies.

But I will say that I do respect the TC's rights as a customer who is only expressing his opinion.

Yes, if it were a significant chunk of time relative to that investment then sure. When I lost four days of internet access from my ISP, I complained and they rebated a chunk of my monthly bill and rightfully so.

-Byshop

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MarcRecon

@Jaysonguy said:

@MarcRecon said:

@mdk12345 said:

OH COME ON!

You're asking him that?

REALLY?

That's not fair at all

I should have known I would get some backlash for that! lol

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

@Byshop:

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Losing 4 gaming days in probably the best week of the year to play games with friends and family is way more valuable than 64 cents. Sony is partially at fault for their notoriously terrible network. As we frustratingly tried to get our consoles to function, I don't think anyone said, 'damn, I just wasted 1.5 cents of my time'. They really walked away pissed off, frustrated, and disappointed in this product that they love.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

shit happens get over it

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@i-rock-socks: I agree completely.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

Iroincally the day after the servers came back up I got my PSN + auto renewal reminder email lol, I don't blame sony so I don't expect anything in return for them being down for a few days.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Of course not.... they know you aren't gonnastop playing on The PS.....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Last_Ride

@wiiboxstation said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Well people paid Sony for a service they didn't get.

So you're going to bitch about a few cents and a day or two of it being down? Why's nobody bitching about the MS servers being down?

Anyways, you still get free games each month and what do you really gain of getting one more day on your ps+ sub?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I thought they would give away something just based on the fact that 95% of their install base won't know/care/understand that this Lizard Squad shite wasn't their fault. I don't care, PS+ gives more than enough.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Can't really be mad at Sony I guess, if it was their fault server wide I'd want something.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

Does nobody play games offline anymore? It was a minor inconvenience but not the end of the world. It was the holidays and most people probably had plenty of family and friends around to not be playing video games.

Also for anyone who complained about not getting to fully use your brand new console I understand that, but you also got a brand new PS4 so your life isn't really all that bad is it

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

Also just saw this from Sony's twitter feed:

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! Since access to PlayStation Network was impacted during the holidays, we wanted to show our appreciation for your patience by offering all PlayStation Plus members that had an active membership or free trial on December 25th a membership extension of five days. The extension will be automatically applied, so no action is necessary to receive the extension. We will post additional information here on PlayStation.Blog when the extension becomes available. If your membership or trial ends before the extension is available, you will receive five days of Plus to enjoy once the extension becomes available (we will notify you when).

In addition, sometime this month we will announce that for a limited time, we will be offering a 10 percent discount code good for a one-time discount off a total cart purchase in the PlayStation Store as a thank you to all PSN members.

This discount can be used toward content available on PS Store including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes, and an enormous selection of TV and Movies.

In case you missed it, click here to read about all the great games included in the January 2015 PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection lineup.

Thanks again to all our loyal PlayStation fans and welcome to our newest console owners. Wishing you all a very happy holiday.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@d_parker: to be fair, there's probably been a solid 2 weeks of 2013 where PSN was not working.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xantufrog  Moderator

There you go, then

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SolidTy

@noblecowboy: @xantufrog: @Byshop: @wiiboxstation: @MethodManFTW: @Coco_pierrot: @MarcRecon: @The_Last_Ride: @d_parker: @mjf249: @jakesnakeel: @i-rock-socks: @raugutcon: @BattleSpectre: @jcrame10: @kingjugganott: @cyloninside: @Prince_Denspion: @Floppy_Jim: @Lulu_Lulu: @mdk12345: @Nengo_Flow:

----

Sony just sent this an hour ago for the New Year. They are giving us a free five days of PS+ to those who had PS+ and a discount for the PS store.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/01/a-holiday-thank-you/

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! Since access to PlayStation Network was impacted during the holidays, we wanted to show our appreciation for your patience by offering all PlayStation Plus members that had an active membership or free trial on December 25th a membership extension of five days. The extension will be automatically applied, so no action is necessary to receive the extension. We will post additional information here on PlayStation.Blog when the extension becomes available. If your membership or trial ends before the extension is available, you will receive five days of Plus to enjoy once the extension becomes available (we will notify you when).

In addition, sometime this month we will announce that for a limited time, we will be offering a 10 percent discount code good for a one-time discount off a total cart purchase in the PlayStation Store as a thank you to all PSN members.

This discount can be used toward content available on PS Store including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes, and an enormous selection of TV and Movies.

In case you missed it, click here to read about all the great games included in the January 2015 PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection lineup.

Thanks again to all our loyal PlayStation fans and welcome to our newest console owners. Wishing you all a very happy holiday.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy
@SgtSutton said:

Also just saw this from Sony's twitter feed:

Hi Everyone,

Haha, I didn't see your post or I would have quoted you. Thanks Sgt for posting this as well.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Last_Ride

@SolidTy: good for them doing it, but unecessary imho

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

No the PSN outage as not the fault of Sony. The stupid Lizard squad was the people who cause the downfall of PSN. The only thing is Sony could just do their best to make up for the outrage by extending the missed PSN offers or something.

Sony could offer extra time but I would like the lizard squad to die.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SolidTy

@The_Last_Ride said:

I agree.

I'll take it, but it wasn't necessary for me. The TC got his answer though. Five days of extra PS+ (& PS store discount) is a nice bonus for me since I was down for a day and a half....but it was the lizards that should pay.

Does this mean if the Lizards and other groups keep attacking Xbox Live, Blizzard, PSN, and more...others will demand compensation from the wrong source? What would stop these kinds of groups from springing up intentionally to reap benefits? I hope none of that happens, but we'll see next year.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Last_Ride

@SolidTy said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I agree.

I'll take it, but it wasn't necessary for me. The TC got his answer though. Five days of extra PS+ (& PS store discount) is a nice bonus for me since I was down for a day and a half....but it was the lizards that should pay.

Does this mean if the Lizards and other groups keep attacking Xbox Live, Blizzard, PSN, and more...others will demand compensation from the wrong source? What would stop these kinds of groups from springing up intentionally to reap benefits? I hope none of that happens, but we'll see next year.

Yeah, i haven't seen MS, Blizzard or Activision doing anything similar. What's going to happen in the future? People are just going to DDoS and expect refunds?

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

@SolidTy:

At least they did "something"....

For me, it wasn't "how long" they were down--it was more about "when"...I had a great deal of friends that took off from work and expected to be able to play games etc. It's not anything where anyone should roll on the floor in rage over, but it's a inconvience that I feel shouldn't have lasted as long. Especially when you had all types of warnings. Of course the Lizard guys should have to pay up for what happened--but I didn't give Lizards my money. Sony is paid to ensure that their service is up and running. Again, don't take this as a "I'm still looking for compensation" or "I'm angry" post. Just saying--that's how I see it. But they did something, and that's good.

LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts

@The_Last_Ride:

That would be sad if that ends up being the case.