So, Should I Get A PSP...Or A DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BassPlayingKing
BassPlayingKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BassPlayingKing
Member since 2006 • 493 Posts
I'm really stuck. I used to have a PSP when it very first came out, and...got rid of it soon after due to the lack of games. And now i have a PS3...i reaalllyyy want one again :| I can put my Crash bandicoot on it and all sorts! So yeah. But then the ds is temping with its...fun games? Grr...i really dno!! Am edging more towards a psp...I THINK?
themm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 themm
Member since 2004 • 2605 Posts

well...since you have a PS3, I'd go with the PSP. You can get the PSN games and thats good.

DS has fun gameplay different games using the touch pad differently, some not at all...

But...Go with the PSP just cuz you have a PS3

blackIceJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 blackIceJoe
Member since 2005 • 3347 Posts
Well this is the PSP forums so more people will say to get the PSP. I own both though. I do prefer the PSP though. But that is just me. If you could say what games you like it would be easier to see what system is best for you.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
If you can I say get both have the best of both worlds. If not get a PSP since you already have a PS3 and theres alot really good titles coming out for it this year also.
diamond2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 diamond2d
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts
Ive got both so erm....prob PSp. Im only playin my DS at the moment coz of Pokemon Diamondbut still.....PSP all the way baby;)
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
The DS is a better system. But it really depends on the games you like. If you like Lumines, MGS, GTA and Tekken get a PSP if you have no desire to play those then get a DS for sure.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Psp, and DS have half of the love with me. I'd say go with the PSP since you do have the Ps3, and you want to put Ps1 games on it, and it would seem more of a convience for you. But the DS at the same time, has great variety of games.
Avatar image for GilbertDurandal
GilbertDurandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GilbertDurandal
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

Get a PSP. Overall, it is a better system with good games (Tekken, Metal Gear, Gundam if you can import, Jeanne D'Arc coming soon, Crisis Core coming).

Those are games that the DS cannot match, although games like Advance Wars and Pokemon are good. Brain Age is big on the DS if you games like that (I personally don't).

mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
That's a good point about having the PS3 and being able to put PS1 games onto the PSP but i'm thinking that since you already have the PS3 and a bunch of PS3 as well as PS2 games you canget it would make more sense to get a DS and expand the game selection available to you.
Valmanway69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Valmanway69
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
I'd say go for a DS lite with **.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
I have both. I'm 34 and I go through fits and starts. I work away a lot so many an evening in a hotel is spent with one console or the other. Currently the DS is getting all my attention with Touchmaster, More Brain Age Training, and Planet Puzzle League. However about 3 weeks ago I was playing nothing but Pac-Man World Rally (sad I know but wanted to finish it before selling it on), Burnout Dominator and Test Drive Unlimited. All in all it depends what you like to play. If FPS or Driving games do it for you then the PSP is for you. For puzzles and platformers (plus Pokemon) then the DS is better hands down. I have both since I like Driving and Puzzles so.....
TheBlckJck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 TheBlckJck
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
PSP! hands down. illthrow it out therethat its one of the best handhelds
alberto2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alberto2045
Member since 2005 • 1591 Posts
get both is not like they are super expensive, am going to buy the PSP when the new white one comes out
Xx-CLOUD-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Xx-CLOUD-xX
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
Well your asking this in a PSP forum so obviously everyone will say psp but i think you should get PSP cuz you already have a PS3 and i dont really play my DS cuz I like the games more on PSP.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
What makes me sad isn't the fact that this thread exists despite the stickied threads and banner. It's the fact that not a single person bothered to report it.