So much GTA IV Hate...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lalucar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Lalucar
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts
Grand Theft Auto IV was definetly not a perfect 10, and it was way overhyped. Grand Theft Auto IV in my opinion deserves around a 9.2, and it was the best game in the series. I think too many people expected it to be like San Andreas with unrealistic plane crashes, shootouts, and whatnot. What we got was a grisly action game based in a New York City parellel as you survive as an immigrant fresh of the boat. Personally I liked it A LOT, but other people didn't, which suprised me. You perfer flying a plane to the hoover dam, paracuting down to it, and then shooting out all guards and jumping off the top to evade the cops to tactical executions red army style in Brighton Beach.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
americahellyeah is going to come here and tell you that it was horrible. I personally loved it but that guy, he hates it. With a passion.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Hating GTA IV has become the fad of the board. I don't think it deserves a 10, but I'm not afraid to admit that it was an amazing game. I think I gave it a 9.7 in my review.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Both AHY and CanadianCR hate it... Probably because they're both Canadian... maybe it's only Canadians who hate GTAIV?

Anyway, I loved GTAIV as well.

417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 417alum
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
not a 10 still a very good game
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#6 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
Hating GTA IV has become the fad of the board. I don't think it deserves a 10, but I'm not afraid to admit that it was an amazing game. I think I gave it a 9.7 in my review.king23_
ya it has, i still think it deserves a 10 tho, great realistic game tht was spent time on. The next GTA does not need 2 be in liberty city, im so tired of tht place. I hav played since the 3rd 1 and i hav loved them all except vice city. I loved San Andreas the most out of all.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Both AHY and CanadianCR hate it... Probably because they're both Canadian... maybe it's only Canadians who hate GTAIV?

Scianix-Black
:lol:
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Scianix-Black
mayb they would like it better if it was in canada
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
Great game, but not as good as i was expecting... 9.5 the most... it could've been a lot better considering the capacity of the next-gen consoles...
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
[QUOTE="king23_"]Hating GTA IV has become the fad of the board. I don't think it deserves a 10, but I'm not afraid to admit that it was an amazing game. I think I gave it a 9.7 in my review.Jakesta7
ya it has, i still think it deserves a 10 tho, great realistic game tht was spent time on. The next GTA does not need 2 be in liberty city, im so tired of tht place. I hav played since the 3rd 1 and i hav loved them all except vice city. I loved San Andreas the most out of all.

I doubt they would make back to back games in Libery City.
Lalucar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Lalucar
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts

I think it went through phases too, like it was hyped up a lot, then a lot of people loved it with only a couple of haters, and then everyone started to hate it too.

I liked it, and played it twice. But some people hate it beyond belief.

Vyyral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vyyral
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

I found that although every facet of the game oozed quality, there wasn't much fun to be had. The story was waaay overrated and half the missions devolved into chase after chase after chase.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Scianix-Black

Huh? "Canadians hate GTA4"? That's news to me.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Denji

lol, Well they're the only people I know of on here that hate it as much as they do.

Like, CanadianCR even got pissed off.

Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Marked_Man
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts
What made GTA fun was everything that was missing from GTA4.When I play a GTA game,I want unrealistic mayhem and comic mischief.When i want realism,I'll go play something that executes it better along with sharper gameplay.GTA is not a quality franchise to pull off a good story,because that's not why you play GTA to begin with.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Denji
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Scianix-Black

lol, Well they're the only people I know of on here that hate it as much as they do.

Well, I'm Canadian and happen to like GTA4 lol Generalization for the dislike of a game makes no sense.

Only things I dislike about GTA4 is the obsessive friend system (who ONLY calls you when you're 100 miles away) and the sloppy foot controls (which becomes apparent with that warehouse full of bikers that you have to escape from when the cops show up)

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
The graphics are so blurry, made a good game turned bad.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"][QUOTE="Denji"]

Denji

Well, I'm Canadian and happen to like GTA4 lol Generalization for the dislike of a game makes no sense.

Only things I dislike about GTA4 is the obsessive friend system (who ONLY calls you when you're 100 miles away) and the sloppy foot controls (which becomes apparent with that warehouse full of bikers that you have to escape from when the cops show up)

Ahhh, hehe, well it's all in good fun :P

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
HUGE dissappointment. Way too boring compared to previous GTA's.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
americahellyeah is going to come here and tell you that it was horrible. I personally loved it but that guy, he hates it. With a passion.Ultrabeatdown55
It was horrible, completely destroyed the already perfected GTA formula.. Biggest let down of 08...
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Denji
I do like GTA4's physics though. Seems more realistic compared to SA.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Scianix-Black

That's my gripe with Saint's Row: Physics.

The game is fun, I'll admit, but I'm not the kind of mindless gamer who can do something for hours. I need to be immersed in the experience and Saint's Row didn't do that. It WAS most definitely what everyone was expecting GTAIV to be, but with much lower production values.

The driving is very, very similar to San Andreas and after spending time in the Row, I really began to miss the way cars swerved in Liberty City.

Both games are great, but GTAIV is just an incredibly immersive experience compared to Saint's Row 2.

Liberty City just feels more alive.

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts
its a good game just need more stuff to do after beating the game
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
No it wasn't the best in the series imo. I like GTA SA much more. Honestly I would give GTA 4 an 8.8. Maybe lower.
grigjd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 grigjd3
Member since 2007 • 500 Posts
I was bored by the game. After two hours I had driven a guy around some, gotten in a fist fight with a couple of guys (and the controls for the fist fight were terrible) and went on a date with some chick who liked bowling (and why on Earth did I actually play that bowling mini-game, it was incredibly stupid). I was so bored at that point that I could never bring myself to play the game again. On the other hand, I really liked LittleBigPlanet.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I like GTAIV and so did everyone when it came out.. well.. everyone except those that always have to find something to comeplain about in every new game.
smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 smeags11
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
I liked it but didnt love it. 3 was the most groundbreaking, first of its kind. Then my favourite by far was San Andreas, I remember playing that game like there was no tomorrow
Mike5589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mike5589
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts
Eh, haven't really enjoyed a GTA game since GTA 3 & Vice City.
Pretty much called it quits for that series after that.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

Scianix-Black
:lol: Add another to your list, but know this ... that enough of my friends loved the game. I just felt it was extremely overrated for all its hype, technically I don't hate it, it was still a good game. Just wayy over rated.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
GTA4 gets a 6.5 outta me. The game was to realistic for its own good. Lacked everything that made GTA fun to begin with imo. I didn't care for Niko, couldn't make any connection to him at all. Story was weak to say the least, as was the script. Hated Roman and Brucie, and all the other characters that would call to go bowling or to a strip clubs or whatver. Felt that was annoying as hell.
FLYEboi50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 FLYEboi50
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts
i found not much wrong with gta iv. the multiplayer is fun. the graphics are pretty good. its the first gta where you can actually see through each individual finger of every character's hand. the story was absolutely one of the best. the car controls were sluggish in this game but you get used to it. i just think ppl didn't appreciate the realism of the game though. i don't know if some need to be more mature about it or if the game itself needs to lighten up a bit on what it truely is. but gta iv was a really good game. it lost all its hype after a bunch of other games that interested ppl such as MGS4 came out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#32 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I thought GTA IV was a AAA game. I missed some of the craziness of San Andreas, but it provided a different flavor for the series, and was a fantastic game.
lestat23l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lestat23l
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts
I thought it was awsome, the graphics were improved, the shooting controls were improved, and the story telling was top-notch.
Mix-Master_415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mix-Master_415
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts

then I came and the party really got started!

GTA IV isn't so bad. yeah, at first I was pissed off because they took out too many things, but on my second play through.....I..I appreciated it's simplicity.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
As a GTA virgin, I picked it up a couple days ago to see what the fuss is about. I like it, but I wouldn't say it is 10 material. There are some really really frustrating moments in that game but everything around it is so awesome. I really like it. Not the best game ever, but I really like it.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
No flyable planes or flamethrowers in a GTA game = fail.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
No flyable planes or flamethrowers in a GTA game = fail.thelastguy
Definitely. Those things were the fun part. :lol:
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
I really have enjoyed this game but the only thing i do not like is the scare of it breaking my ps3 its happend to two of my friends now im going to get a few trophies lol and sell the game not worth a broken ps3 if you ask me