So it's been a week? What are your thoughts on the PS4 now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

So it's been a week and for those who have been lucky enough to own a system already what have your thoughts been so far? How has the "Play while you download" system working out? How do you like the new controller? Is the New Camera worth it?etc.

I currently do not own the system yet (mine will be here on Saturday) but I'm looking forward to it. I plan on getting BF:4 or KZ:4, not sure which yet (suggestions welcome). I'm also interested in Knack or Lego: Marvel just for the platform aspect of it when I need a break from the shooters.

So for all those early adopters, what are your thoughts now?

enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

I love mine. There are errors and crashes here and there but the system feels very solid.

Play while downloading is good, played KZSF SP while it downloaded 40GB.

It wasn't a pain in the 4$$ like i thought it would be. Everything works very seamless. The sharing Screenshot is so sweet sometimes i can't stop hitting the share button on KZ. The OS is awesome.

This is my first console in almost 10 years though lol.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

Works great... kzsf sux its a borefest imo online or offline, bf4 is great online when it works just needs to be patched. Other games I got are ac4 which is badass and ghosts which is the same ol cod just 1080p

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Loving my ps4. Super quiet, and no problems whatsoever. Actually my only compliant is I feel like im going to break the top L1 R1 buttons. They stick sometimes. I guess im too rough with it.

Playing through killzone singleplayer and im impressed. Also surprised at how fun the multiplayer is.

Fifa 14 was worth the wait. (I held off on the ps3 version)

Battlefield 4 online is epic. Though Im still having problems getting into conquest matches. I expect dice to fix some issues. I will be playing this game for 100plus hours for sure.

Still haven't opened Need for speed rivals or AC Black flag. I will get to those soon.

Overall im so glad I got it day one instead of waiting.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

@rogelio22: Easily my favorite console to date!

I bought 5 games, plus got Resogun and Contrast w/ PS+... But mostly all I've played is Killzone: Shadow Fall. The single player is pretty good (although it's a different pace than most fps). But the online is phenomenal!!! I'm enjoying it more than BF4 or COD!

Aside from that, I've been playing AC4 and Resogun... both of which are pretty great. I finally popped in Knack today. I'd held off because of the reviews, but I'm finding that I actually like it. It's not a great game... but it feels like a solid 7-7.5 game. I wish there was more platforming to it... but other than that, I can't figure out why it got such poor reviews. I'm only 3 hrs in though. Also, finding the secret relics and being able to pick the one your friends got if they got something better is a cool idea.

I haven't had a single crash or error yet... other than the very first day when PSN wasn't working yet. The play while downloading seems to work great. The entire system, including the PS Store, runs extremely fast. But I do want to see some improvements to the store... mostly just things like game videos and demos though. I'm sure they're coming... perhaps they're waiting until there is something new to show.

Other than that, I've been thoroughly impressed.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The controller is superb! The best controller ever made for a PS. The console is very fast. The PS Store is fast. The graphics are great, but not as much of an improvement as I thought, even though they're great. I have not used the play game while download feature. I am not impressed with the WiFi adaptor in the PS4, as it was so slow I ended up hard-wiring both my PS4s. Everything else is superb with the console. I don't own the new camera for it. My 2 PS4s require a lot of ventilation (open front and open back) or they will get really loud fans.

I give the console a 9/10 so far, because of the poor WiFi for me otherwise would be a 10/10.

My 2 PS3s WiFi worked very well.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7  Edited By Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

I bought mine thinking I was just going to resell it. Now I'm thinking I'm going to keep it. Its a nice addition to my home entertainment system. My only complaint is having to pay for PS+ and the fact that my Sony Bluetooth headset doesn't work with it.

The touch pad on the controller is surprisingly cool. The controller itself is a huge improvement--very ergonomic.

I'm more excited by the fact that multiplats won't be as limited when they come to PC. Now you are going to see more games with bigger draw distance and much more going on on the screen. We need them to crank out some games.

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

I love my ps4. Only have played Killzone and Contrast. Both are great. Contrast is such a nice surprise. The system just feels so solid and fast. Very happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Still loving mine. I've just finished AC4 and I'm currently trying to get the rest of the trophies I missed. Not sure if I want to play MP or not. If I decide not to I'll start playing NFS: Rivals.

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By danlevm
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

Best console I ever owned.... Love it...

3SidedSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 3SidedSquare
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

There could be some software improvements, like being able to upload to YouTube directly, but these will get patched with time.

I love it though. I can't wait until games start rolling out in 2014.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Love it. If you like open world adventure/RPG games, give AC4 a shot. It's incredibly good.

donpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By donpimp
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
@enriK233 said:

I love mine. There are errors and crashes here and there but the system feels very solid.

Errors and crashes would drive me crazy! How is that acceptable?

gta50419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gta50419
Member since 2010 • 350 Posts

im actually shocked it doesn't have any prod issues....

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Love it except for the controller. It actually hurts in my monster hands, but I play through the pain. Addicted still. Ow my hands hurt.

enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

@donpimp:

It's not a big deal. The error I'm talking about is when i try to "share" or upload many pictures very quickly to twitter. It comes up with this error message, but it goes away after a while. I suppose that will be fixed in tn a software update. The crash has only happened on KZ:SF as far as I remember, which corrupted my save file, and now I have to start from beginning.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I love mine, best console Sony has ever made

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

LOVE IT!!! Happy I went PS4 and not Xbox1

maxpowermf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By maxpowermf1
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

It's awesome. Just wish the fans weren't so loud when playing Killzone. Pretty disappointed in the noise it can make.

I've still yet to see a video of a "whisper" quiet PS4 running Killzone, so unfortunately I guess it's just a loud console when the hardware is stressed.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I've mostly been impressed by how snappy the system is. Boots up quickly even when turned off. Loads games quickly. And how smooth the sharing features are. They are lacking some software that would be nice like being able to add voice-overs and uploading videos to more mediums besides just Facebook.

The controller took me long to get used to than I thought it would take. Mostly the analog sticks because of how different they are from the Dualshock3. I've beginning to adjust now though and it is easily a better piece of hardware.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

@SpiderLuke said:

Love it except for the controller. It actually hurts in my monster hands, but I play through the pain. Addicted still. Ow my hands hurt.

Dude I honestly think you should do something about that, like get custom grips or something. Long term use could really affect you :(

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

I love mine as well. Runs like a dream.

Here are a few things I'd like to see patched in:

Suspend/resume(like the Vita)

The "try any game" store feature they bragged about at the reveal

FLASH for the browser(I thought the system architecture was close to PC, so where is the Flash/adobe support)

A patch to turn off the light bar on the DS4(it's killing my battery life)

Youtube support for video upload AND a Youtube app for watching said videos

A separate place to store my downloaded PSN videos that's free me from having to fish for them in Videos Unlimited.

Custom Backgrounds(different colors and/or themes, would love to lose the blue for black)

Vita game/media download support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise, a good launch for a great console

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpiderLuke

@lonewolf604: I may look into that. I'm trying a looser grip sometimes.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

I love my PS4. No problems but the few errors on the first 2 days of launch. Killzone is such a great game for Multiplayer. Assassin's Creed 4 is AMAZING! Contrast was fun and i 100% the game. Resogun was my first PS4 Platinum. The Party chat is awesome and I use it alot. Cross game chat makes me even happier. Oh yeah and Thank you SONY :). Hope Xbox One Fans are doing well too! Both systems are amazing but man ohhhh MAN do i LOVE my PS4!

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

I'm in love with my PS4. It looks great, it runs cool and 1080p gaming is just gorgeous. The games look so beautiful and I love all of the features they included to enhance the gaming experience. The share button to instantly stream to Twitch is by far my favorite feature. I also love how I can direct all audio to the headphone port on the controller. I can play while everyone's sleeping and still get amazing sound. I love everything about this console. 10/10.

j1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 j1965
Member since 2009 • 164 Posts

great system fast and boots up quickly killzone is a must and ac4 psn tag is leadoffusa1.have fun with it!

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@enriK233: Sony will only fix it if they knows there's a problem, might be better letting them know instead of hoping others have done it or they read this forum and go "Oh we should take a look at this". There's got to be a way to report it fairly quickly on the website or even on the system itself.

abynum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 abynum1
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

This pretty much sums it up for me:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Sony-replacement-status-thread/td-p/42204427

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

Loving it! Had a little scare with my picture quality but it was my TV that had to be updated. The PS4 is serving me and my family really well! Glad I'm a day 1 owner. Never been an early adopter

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

Really happy that I chose PS4 over Xbox One. Haven't had any issues so far (knock on wood). Loving Killzone and BF4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Don't want to make a new thread but got a question. When I Google it all I find is PS Vita can remote play PS4 games. My question is

Can the PS4 remote play PS Vita games? I want to play soul sacrifice on the TV

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

With PS Vita TV I believe

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpiderLuke

@playmynutz: nope. That's what Vita TV will be for if they ever release it.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

Okay so I got mine on Saturday (a little late to party I know), but so far I love it. I got KZ4, BF4, Knack, and Lego Marvel (mainly to play with the finance). I also downloaded all the free to play games and the PS Plus free games for the month. So far I'm very happy with all of the games and the system. I do wish I got the PS4 Camera for twitch TV and such, but that isn't a necessity right now. Here are my quick thoughts on the games:

KZ4 - B.E.A.UTIFUL game. I think this is a good showing for what the PS4 can handle. So far the singleplayer is fun and interesting, but the multiplayer can get boring after a match or two.

BF4 - What can I say, it's battlefield. A lot of fun, Large multiplayer matches....great game.

Knack - Difficult, but in a good way. It's like old school 90s games where you die only after a few hits so you have to start memorizing enemy movement paterns to know when it's safe to attack. I'm having a lot more fun than I anticipated.

Lego Marvel - Fun game, but can get frustrating at time with co-op due to the "dynamic split screen". Also there are a lot of moments where you go around thinking there is a glitch in the game because somethign doesn't work, but you discover that you have to be in the exact right spot for it to function correctly. Not a step to the right or left, EXACTLY right....frustrating, but the finance likes it so who knows.

Also new to the PS4 with not many friends who own the sytem as well. I'm interested in adding to my friendslist to help find people to game with or for things such as Knack where you can get a part that any of your friends have when you discover a secret room (that reference will make sense if you play Knack). So I'd welcome any friend request (topher78714).

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@maxpowermf1 said:

It's awesome. Just wish the fans weren't so loud when playing Killzone. Pretty disappointed in the noise it can make.

I've still yet to see a video of a "whisper" quiet PS4 running Killzone, so unfortunately I guess it's just a loud console when the hardware is stressed.

Same here. KZ SF makes it louder.

donpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By donpimp
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@abynum1 said:

This pretty much sums it up for me:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Sony-replacement-status-thread/td-p/42204427

That's rough man, hang in there.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#37 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The system has been solid so far, my only issue(which will soon be patched) was not being able to stream content from my PC and not being able to store media files on the HDD.

I wanted to use the HDD for more then just games.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

I live in Europe and am waiting still for the Friday release -I can hardly wait!

It is interesting to read these comments made by people. Some seem to have zero problems with the console while others experience loud fans, small errors and glitches and some unserious troubles with uploading snaps or videos.

I'm very excited about Friday - can't believe I have ever been this excited about a console launch ever. I want to love this console so bad, but I believe I will anyways. I will spend many hours playing FIFA 14 with my mates and probably touch some of the other games such as BF4 and COD: Ghosts. Everybody is already aware that great things will come for this console and 2014 will be an exceptional year for console-owners ; I guarantee it :) Anyway; please keep writing your comments and thoughts; I really want to know how the system fares. If I recieve a damaged console, I will be devestated.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I'm a hermit and I think the PS4 is boss. It was worth waiting 4.5 hours in line and getting forced to buy a bundle despite my lack of need for one. I felt like the last generation dragged on far too long. It's great to be playing some games that are graphically exciting once again - with a real sense of playability. Playing multiplayer games at 30 FPS @ 720p (or less) with 24 players or less felt too much like the Xbox/PS2 generation and was always a far cry from the great experience you could have playing PC games. The PS4 feels like I'm actually playing something comparable to PC gaming once again. Battlefield 4, for example, is an excellent experience on the PS4 (when it works). It runs great, looks great, controls great, and is extremely fun. It completely outdoes anything a last-gen MP shooter has done by a large margin, and it's a launch title.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

@KHAndAnime: What do you mean by "when it works"? Are you talking about the PS4 having troubles, or Battlefield 4 having issues?

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

@topher78714: I love it. There were a few bumps in the road for the psn network on launch day and a few days after but things seem to have been ironed out and working well. The games look incredible and the joystick is far better than I imagined. Other than battery life i have no complaints. This will be my primary system for gaming for sure this generation. My xbox one is already starting to collect dust. My only gripe is with EA games, BF4 conquest mode doesn't work most of the time and all their games have connection issues connecting to ea servers for me. I'm on dsl but I don't have issues with any other games, only EA. But that is a EA issue and was expected for me since they are the worst company on the planet. COD ghost finally has good sized maps and you can finally climb on a box, most of the time.

My #1 feature would be audio over the headset. I slap on my best headphones and game at night without bugging anyone. I love it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KHAndAnime

@_Judas_ said:

@KHAndAnime: What do you mean by "when it works"? Are you talking about the PS4 having troubles, or Battlefield 4 having issues?

Battlefield 4. It's a mess.

Tubatica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tubatica
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@_Judas_ said:

Have you played it today? I just downloaded a large patch for it this morning that is supposed to address a lot of the issues. But I do agree it was very very broken at launch.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Tubatica said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@_Judas_ said:

Have you played it today? I just downloaded a large patch for it this morning that is supposed to address a lot of the issues. But I do agree it was very very broken at launch.

It's slightly better but still a mess.