So I'm finally getting a PS4...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nisenrendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nisenrendan
Member since 2015 • 18 Posts

...and I need to decide which games to buy. By the 9th or 10th of November.

I have these games in mind but (I'm an absolute noob, only ever played DS emulators before) no experience at all. HELP.

- the Nathan Drake collection

- CoD: Ghosts

- Battlefield 4

- Infamous: Second Son

- Watch_Dogs

- Assassin's Creed Unity

- GTA V

- The Last of Us

- Far Cry 4

- Sniper Elite III

*added on 10/16/15- Sleeping Dogs

I'll only be allowed two games, so which two out of these are the best?

... I know tons of you will say The Last of Us. I'm getting that for Christmas anyway, so you can ignore it a little. Also, does Assassin's Creed Unity still have glitches? Do I have to play InFAMOUS or InFAMOUS: First Light to understand Second Son? Is B4 okay if I play it with only my sister, since, y'know, multiplayer and everything? Is B4 better than CoD? Is Watch_Dogs really boring? How's the Uncharted gameplay? Should I play Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pains, 'cause I haven't ever played an MGS game before?

Everything about me screams noob, doesn't it. Anyway, like I said- HELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

*I might add games later

Also, PLEASE don't comment how the PS3 is better and all that stuff because I might go into a fit of depression and buy the PS3 instead. And yeah; you can recommend anything except Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Star Wars and Batman: Arkham Knight. PLEASE. Just not those.

nisenrendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nisenrendan

@koolyoe: Is Battlefield 3 available on PSN? Apparently, it's for PS3.

ashobeyri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ashobeyri
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

All of those games are great and considered as the best. If you'd like have exiting moments don't miss The Last of Us, It was the the most stressful game that I've played. it has attractive story, fantastic graphic (full of details in one view), nice musics and sound effects and really really great gameplay. In my opinion it's the best in above selection. The second is GTA V undoubtedly, The map of the game is very big, so much time need to explore in game and find places. three interesting character available in game that you progress the game with them, among them Trevor is real mad person that make it so lovely and unforgettable. the graphic is fantastic and you feel that do things and jobs in real world ( if have 52inches LED TV). lol. Call of duty and battlefield are third and forth but it is better wait for Black OPS 3.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Since you are getting The Last of Us for Christmas then I would suggest Nathan Drake Collection and GTA V. Congrats by the way. ;P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Don't get the console

You don't know what games are on the console, if they're any good, or if you would like them.

This is a mistake, you're not educated enough about this.

Go learn about it, come back maybe in a few months?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

great list of games

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Of that list I would pick the Nathan Drake Collection and Second Son. If you've never played Uncharted games before you definitely need to get the collection. Second Son is a good solid game. Unity and Far Cry are good choices also.

On to your other questions. Unity is pretty much fixed, and it is a very good game, but you can pick it up for under $20 and if you're in the U.S. wait until Black Friday and pick it up. I would bet it will be around $10 then. I would avoid Watch Dogs, the game sucked in my opinion, but maybe get a Gamefly membership (if you are in the U.S.) and rent it and check it out for yourself. Not a bad way to check out all of the above games.

No you do not need to play the first two InFamous games to understand Second Son. It's pretty much it's own game, and while it does tie into the first two games, the game does a great job of explaining those tie ins. First Light is just an add on to Second Son, so it just expands on the game.

Also if you are going to get TLoU, look online for the code. You can easily find it on sites like ebay for around $10 for the digital code. That is unless you have to have an actual retail cased version of the game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Of those games i would recomend getting GTA V and Watch Dogs, but you might want to mix it up. So get GTA V and Battlefield 4. I really liked Watch Dogs, i know a lot of people hated it. I really liked it. AC Unity i just finished, there were no bugs that i encountered and would rate it as a great game. Battlefield 4 is also really good. The singleplayer is better because you can replay it for points and stuff, but the multiplayer is good. Those are the ones i played

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Target has the Uncharted Collection PS4 Bundle for $349.99 and you also get a $50 gift card right now.

Best deal that I have seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Second Son was alright, it was interesting enough that I played through it and did the paper origami missions, anyway. But I left feeling like, despite having a better story and much better graphics, the gameplay was kind of the same thing the whole way through. It got really repetitive, and despite having this big city to run around in, everything was really same-ish.

I've never played Battlefield anything, or GTAV, but I've heard friends and coworkers say good things about both of those games. GTA5 would probably not be a bad pickup for one of your titles, since you would have a lot of content with it.

I remember hearing about bad glitches in AC Unity. I also remember people being kind of disappointed with Watch Dogs, though maybe it wasn't a bad game.

Nathan Drake Collection is probably worth getting too, if you're a fan of those games.

nisenrendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nisenrendan

@Sokol4ever: Arigatou~ :3
A) I still can't get over it.
and
B) Waiting for a PS4 is such torture I can't even.

nisenrendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nisenrendan

So my computer went ABSOLUTELY AWOL BUST for like a week and I've only read all of these today, but thank all of you so much for all of your help.
I'm currently leaning more towards GTA V and The Last Of Us, but since I tend to change my mind a lot, we'll see.

nisenrendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nisenrendan

@sukraj: Took weeks of research.
... Every minute of that 'research' was worth it.

nisenrendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nisenrendan

@Jaysonguy: Arigatou gozaimasu. Now I have doubts- and being neurotic to the extreme about things like this, I always try to avoid doubts and sugarcoat things for myself to feed my own semi-schizophrenic idle fantasies.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@nisenrendan: Are you looking forward to some future releases

nisenrendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nisenrendan

@sukraj: For Honor, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Uncharted 4, definitely. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, maybe. Guitar Hero Live, despite the disappointing setlist of songs; I only found three or four bands I really liked. I might sound whiny, but they need to add more rock and metal. And maybe a few songs with ACTUAL GUITARS, ahem ahem. That used to be Guitar Hero's whole identity- I distinctly remember lots of Metallica, some Iron Maiden, The Used, Coldplay and Muse on GH3.

... I mean, I only ever played GH3 in an arcade, but I at least I loved the songs.

nisenrendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nisenrendan

Hey~, I know this thread's cold now, but I thought I might as well let you know I decided to buy the Nathan Drake collection in the end. It's got three games in it and the reasons I originally had to buy it weigh heavily against the reasons to not buy it.

...Also, if I buy it, I won't have any money left, so that might've been a reason. And I'm too proud to ask my parents to pay for my first game ever.

Cheers, thanks again for everything.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@nisenrendan said:

Hey~, I know this thread's cold now, but I thought I might as well let you know I decided to buy the Nathan Drake collection in the end. It's got three games in it and the reasons I originally had to buy it weigh heavily against the reasons to not buy it.

...Also, if I buy it, I won't have any money left, so that might've been a reason. And I'm too proud to ask my parents to pay for my first game ever.

Cheers, thanks again for everything.

Glad to see you decided to pick it up. Feel free to add me to the friends list, cheers. ;P

qazwsxedc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 qazwsxedc
Member since 2015 • 15 Posts

Uncharted

The Last of Us

Wolfenstein: The New Order

GTA5

MGS5

And then get Fallout 4 when that comes out.

That should keep you busy for a pretty long time - as in this time next year.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts

I know it's not on you list but at some point I suggest Resident Evil Revelations 2. since you have little experience with consoles. RE titles are a classic choice.

enzoeleazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#22 enzoeleazar
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

Avoid the following, in my opinion:

CoD: Ghosts (probably the worst in the series in years)

Battlefield 4 (buy it only if you plan on playing it online)

Assassin's Creed Unity (it's a tad repetitive and boring, but I heard Ubisoft already issued a patch for the bugs)

If I were to be honest I'd suggest you get the obvious ones: The Last of Us and GTA V. But if you're aching for something different, then try Far Cry 4 and Sleeping Dogs.

On MGSV, it depends if you swear by the stories in your games. If you don't mind being confused, then go for it, because it's surely a GOTY contender.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is a potential future gem. It's really fun and not as story-heavy as MGS.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

From your list I'd say the Nathan Drake Collection is a must and possibly GTA V (more fun if you then have people online to play with).

I'd also like to add Bloodborne (the version with the DLC comes out later in November I think), which is my favorite PS4 game so far. Also added to that list is Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin.

Playing Dragon Age: Inquisition right now, and liking it, and it doesn't require any knowledge of the prior two games (though of course it wouldn't hurt to know them, but it's not needed). It takes a while to really get going, but now I'm looking forward to seeing how the story goes now that things are happening.

Far Cry 4 has really great gameplay, but some of the characters are rather offensive/poorly written, which was a turn off for me. However, I found most of the really awful characters are side missions, so for the most part they can be avoided. That said, the story is still absolutely awful. However, exploring, taking over outposts, and even the actual missions are really fun, and I found myself wanting to take over every enemy outpost in the game.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#24 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Check the bargain bins for Infamous and Watch Dogs. The Source had Infamous for $9.99 and Best Buy had WatchDogs for $7.99.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Nathan Drake collection

The Last of Us Remastered

Fallout 4

Bloodborne