So I just got around to beating MGS 3 and I now have no choice but to buy a psp

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DrummerDude1010
DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 DrummerDude1010
Member since 2007 • 891 Posts

I could go on FOREVER about the amazingness of the metal gear solid series, but I just finished MGS 3, and the ending BLEW ME AWAY. I was laughing at the brilliant humor they manage to throw in, but mostly I was staring in awe and disbelief, literally talking to myself saying "No freaking way..." at the plot twists and information they revealed. Knowing that peacewalker follows after this game, I decided I HAVE to get a psp and buy peacewalker, and seeing this trailer http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77469convinced me. Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 so I can't play MGS4 (IT'S KILLING ME) but I can afford a psp (hopefully soon). Anyway, what are your guy's thoughts on peacewalker or the MGS series in general.

SPOILER ALERT

Did anyone else almost go crazy when they revealed in the timeline that the snake you were playing as was really Big Boss? That lost bit of info had me a little confused the entire game, because I didn't know (after reading the backstories and stuff of previous metal gears) whether Big Boss came after or before The Boss, and I felt like an idiot after the end. I thought that was amazing, but then they said Ocelot was ADAM, and I almost lost it again. Anyway, I love MGS.

Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xx-Addict-xX
Member since 2009 • 1119 Posts
Haha. Here's my take. I like MGS. LIKE, I can't really play them all, to slow paced and what now for me. I played MGS4 for the PS3 for a little bit and i just cant get into stealth action games...But PW is a complete game. My advice, since it sounds like if snake were in your room, you'd play with his snake. (It's a joke c'mon!). But really, i like PW, i had my doubts since i'm not a big MGS fan or stealth action fan by that means. But this game is good, i don't reall follow the story a whole since the series isn't my thang. But i like the gameplay and what not. You'll love it, everyone loves it. Nuff said, count your change and save your pennies and go get it. And welcome to the world of PSP
DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrummerDude1010

Sorry, I know I sound a little obsessed right know, but I can't stop thinking about the ending of MGS3, because I literally beat it an hour ago. I really enjoy the slower paced stealth, because most other games I play are run in with guns blazing, and it's a nice break, but the gameplay and the story keep me coming back for more.

On a side note, i looked on gamestop's website, and I can get a used refurbished psp for $100. Good deal?

DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrummerDude1010

One more question. Should I get portable ops or the acid series before peacewalker?

Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xx-Addict-xX
Member since 2009 • 1119 Posts
If ur desperate, then get a refurbished one, But you can like a 'core pack' i beleive for like....160-170? Around there. That's what i would do. But i mean if you NEED it now, then get a used psp. But since you down for more of the story of MGS, then those wouldn't be bad choices. They don't follow the same order. Google the order those two MGS fill. I'm not quite sure where they fit on the timeline and i don't got my one magizine next to me. But if you like MGS, you'll like those
blazblue152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blazblue152
Member since 2010 • 880 Posts

Sorry, I know I sound a little obsessed right know, but I can't stop thinking about the ending of MGS3, because I literally beat it an hour ago. I really enjoy the slower paced stealth, because most other games I play are run in with guns blazing, and it's a nice break, but the gameplay and the story keep me coming back for more.

On a side note, i looked on gamestop's website, and I can get a used refurbished psp for $100. Good deal?

DrummerDude1010

yea 100 bucks for a used psp sounds like a fair price to me, though i bought mine for around 240-250. also i don't know much about the MGS series but i think the acid games are not canon to the series, so unless you have extra cash then i'm sure they're not needed

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

Timeline-wise it goes like this:

Metal Gear Solid 3 ----> MGS Portable Ops ----> MGS Peace Walker ----> Metal Gear (MSX) ----> Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake ----> Metal Gear Solid ----> MGS2 ----> MGS: Rising ----> MGS4

So if you wanna follow the timeline (which I'd recommend) get Portable Ops first.