So I just finished TLOU: Left Behind . . .

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Wow. . I mean, wow. I can't believe it ended like that. I kind of wish it was a bit longer because I enjoyed Ellie and Riley's chemistry. It was short, but sweet. After digesting TLOU's ending and now TLOU:LB's, I really hope there will be a sequel.

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

Why don't ya make a thread for EVERY game you think is great and deserves a sequel.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Young_Charter

@Mcspanky37 said:

Why don't ya make a thread for EVERY game you think is great and deserves a sequel.

Good idea. I've been at it for awhile now :-D but this is about the ending lol.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Great little piece of DLC, especially the Ellie and Riley stuff. Unfortunate that there seems to be some young-male hate or uncomfortablness regarding the ending. As far as I'm concerned Naughty Dog nailed the teenaged girl BFF thing, and yes, the ending(even though those who played the main game know the fates of these two girls) was touching and unforgiving. Can't wait for the next Uncharted and OTHER project they have cooking.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I wanted the final scene to be a bit longer and go a little further, but other than that and the overall short length, I also really liked this add-on. It made me re-think about wanting a sequel to the game, which I've been against. I'm not saying I absolutely want a sequel now, but I'd definitely welcome another story set in the same world. I don't want to never see some of the same characters again, but I also don't want a sequel to ruin anything about said characters. I'm not sure at this point, but I'll trust Naughty Dog with whatever they do next apart from Uncharted 4 whether it'll be a new IP or some sort of sequel.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

I wanted the final scene to be a bit longer and go a little further, but other than that and the overall short length, I also really liked this add-on. It made me re-think about wanting a sequel to the game, which I've been against. I'm not saying I absolutely want a sequel now, but I'd definitely welcome another story set in the same world. I don't want to never see some of the same characters again, but I also don't want a sequel to ruin anything about said characters. I'm not sure at this point, but I'll trust Naughty Dog with whatever they do next apart from Uncharted 4 whether it'll be a new IP or some sort of sequel.

Yeah I agree with pretty much all of that. Before the DLC I was adamant I didn't want a sequel.. TLOU ends in a really appropriate place for that universe... But now I would be a little more receptive to a sequel..

Not sure if I would want it Walking Dead Season Two style where it pretty much picks up right where the story left off or InFAMOUS Second Son style where many years have passed between sequels.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Is it true that it's 2 hours long?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW

@marcheegsr said:

Is it true that it's 2 hours long?

~2-3

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Young_Charter

@MethodManFTW said:

@SoNin360 said:

Yeah I agree with pretty much all of that. Before the DLC I was adamant I didn't want a sequel.. TLOU ends in a really appropriate place for that universe... But now I would be a little more receptive to a sequel..

Not sure if I would want it Walking Dead Season Two style where it pretty much picks up right where the story left off or InFAMOUS Second Son style where many years have passed between sequels.

I think what they've done was just right. A Prequel to the main story was perfect. It was smart for them in my opinion. Kind of makes you wonder if the next project of the universe will be a prequel again or not. . Either way, I love the series and the multiplayer. The game was one of the best titles this gen and I want more of it.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I am the opposite of most here....the DLC made me not want a sequel to TLoU. I'm not sure it will be able to live up to the original one plus the DLC. The game and DLC was so great that any sequels or prequels would not measure up because it would have to be damn near perfect to be better than the original TLoU. So I say just have this game and the DLC and that's it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

@dalger21 said:

I am the opposite of most here....the DLC made me not want a sequel to TLoU. I'm not sure it will be able to live up to the original one plus the DLC. The game and DLC was so great that any sequels or prequels would not measure up because it would have to be damn near perfect to be better than the original TLoU. So I say just have this game and the DLC and that's it.

Yeah it's a tough one. On the one hand I would love another LoU game, but on the other I wouldn't want it to affect my feelings towards the first game in any way. But I would like to see how Ellie & Joel's story plays out but.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'd like to play this, but $15 seems kind of steep for a 2 hour addition to a game that I've already beat. I've never purchased DLC for a console game. Does DLC go on sale very often on psn or does it pretty much just stay the same price?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW

@PurpleMan5000: It does go on sale, but even less frequently than the games themselves.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

@PurpleMan5000: It does go on sale, but even less frequently than the games themselves.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe it will go on sale more often now that Amazon is selling psn content. Steam has kind of spoiled me with 75+% off sales on dlc.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Young_Charter

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe it will go on sale more often now that Amazon is selling psn content. Steam has kind of spoiled me with 75+% off sales on dlc.

eventually it will. Or you can buy the season pass.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

I think whatever that team from Naughty Dog chooses to do, so long as it's done with the same care, will be worth playing. While I personally would like to see them try another new IP, the world they've created in TLOU is ripe with potential drama. I worry though that going to such dark places too many times in a row will take its toll on that team and burnout will occur prematurely.

How's this for a pitch:

A space-colony civil war where amenities are as scarce as TLOU and the dangers outside the colonies are as deadly. The story plays out on both sides as you alternately switch prospectives getting different takes on the same conflict. The climax would occur with the major decision of having to choose one side over the other thru to the ending. I think if Naughty Dog put their talents for characterization to work on a game like this it would be something . . .

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#17 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 16043 Posts

TLOU2 is the sequel TLOU deserves but not the one it needs right now !

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Young_Charter

@porkchopxp said:

I think whatever that team from Naughty Dog chooses to do, so long as it's done with the same care, will be worth playing. While I personally would like to see them try another new IP, the world they've created in TLOU is ripe with potential drama. I worry though that going to such dark places too many times in a row will take its toll on that team and burnout will occur prematurely.

How's this for a pitch:

A space-colony civil war where amenities are as scarce as TLOU and the dangers outside the colonies are as deadly. The story plays out on both sides as you alternately switch prospectives getting different takes on the same conflict. The climax would occur with the major decision of having to choose one side over the other thru to the ending. I think if Naughty Dog put their talents for characterization to work on a game like this it would be something . . .

I actually like that idea. I feel that TLOU shows that Naught Dog can reach new places and go very far. They have their own very unique technique and I don't think ND has reached their peak in creativity yet at all.