So Home is a Sims ripoff?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
Not that I'm complaining. I love the Sims but that's pretty much what Home is, no? You create your character (much like the Sims), and interact with other players (also like the Sims), and you can customize your "home" with furniture (that is so Sims). This is a cool feature and we get it for free but isn't EA a little upset right now about the Sims rip off that just happened?    
bruce-leroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bruce-leroy
Member since 2006 • 1325 Posts
its alot more like second life or another game called there.
RoYaL1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RoYaL1990
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
its not really like the sims. sure the ppl and the environment might be like copying the sims but its a lot more deeper than that. its a virtual world to communicate with your freinds and it also shows off what type of person you are with your clothing style. its going to be a lot more deeper than the sims.
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
like the sims? hell no. just because its a virtual world it automatically makes it a rip-off? Home blows the sim out of the water. open your eyes dude!!
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
better. its the future.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
I'd rather say it's better Second Life. It can't be the Sims, because if it was, I wouldn't be so excited for it, but I am (Sims = garbage)
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
like the sims? hell no. just because its a virtual world it automatically makes it a rip-off? Home blows the sim out of the water. open your eyes dude!!Uzburacuz9
I didn't say it was the Sims. I stated some similiarities. Calm down level 8. And you haven't even used it yet so what are you basing this "blows the sim out of the water" statement on? A few pictures? Talk about fanboy fever.
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
Yea more like 2nd life. Sims isnt a MMO
Lub1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lub1
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
this actually isn't a mmo game. It's a free-open world that's part of the PS3-universe. It's like xbox360-life, but then in a real animated world. I like it :) It looks really beautiful right now, and there should be like emmy's and grammy's and stuff for video editing, cewl achievements and other unique thingies.
chembro84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chembro84
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
Don't you dare say Sony rip's off ANYBODY on these forums, it's obvious, through use of the Cell, RSX, and the Blu-Ray that is new, original, and will blow your damn socks off. In all seriousness, Home seems like a good idea, it's not my cup of tea, but will probably be neat (if not a wee bit gimmicky)
nimuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nimuk
Member since 2003 • 751 Posts
i'd didn't see a ps pottie
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
Not that I'm complaining. I love the Sims but that's pretty much what Home is, no? You create your character (much like the Sims), and interact with other players (also like the Sims), and you can customize your "home" with furniture (that is so Sims). This is a cool feature and we get it for free but isn't EA a little upset right now about the Sims rip off that just happened?    CyanX73
It's not really free. You must pay for certain things. Sony is not a charity.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

i'd didn't see a ps pottienimuk

omg what happens to my avatar if he eats too much chili?

Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts

[QUOTE="CyanX73"]Not that I'm complaining. I love the Sims but that's pretty much what Home is, no? You create your character (much like the Sims), and interact with other players (also like the Sims), and you can customize your "home" with furniture (that is so Sims). This is a cool feature and we get it for free but isn't EA a little upset right now about the Sims rip off that just happened?    Deihmos
It's not really free. You must pay for certain things. Sony is not a charity.

Only 'Premium Furniture' Like a hot tub Rest is free. Maybe not the cinema, but thats not free in real life either

Asage429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Asage429
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
There is so much more to it than any of that.  The addition of in game achievements and downloadable content, plus the ability to share things stored on your harddrive with friends seems to make something bigger than anything that's come before it.
FreddieGermany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FreddieGermany
Member since 2005 • 562 Posts
Not that I'm complaining. I love the Sims but that's pretty much what Home is, no? You create your character (much like the Sims), and interact with other players (also like the Sims), and you can customize your "home" with furniture (that is so Sims). This is a cool feature and we get it for free but isn't EA a little upset right now about the Sims rip off that just happened? CyanX73

hold you like the sims!!!!!!! wow
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Not that I'm complaining. I love the Sims but that's pretty much what Home is, no? You create your character (much like the Sims), and interact with other players (also like the Sims), and you can customize your "home" with furniture (that is so Sims). This is a cool feature and we get it for free but isn't EA a little upset right now about the Sims rip off that just happened?    CyanX73

You are complaining...........people are never happy it is always something!!!

foxbait95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 foxbait95
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
no not like sims.
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
No matter what Sony does or doesn't do people will complain and nitpick no matter what. Sony Can't win with everyone no matter what they do. I g uess when you been around for so long peolpe want you to crash and burn. Home looks good, b ut I want to know how its going to help the online gaming itself. Yeah its kewl you can meet people, hang out, listen to music, check each others music, pics and other good stuff, but how is this going to affect actually online gaming?  I guess we will see in the upcoming months.
PSN:Meek32
Gamers Game....Fanboys Pick Sides and complain for one reason or another.......
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
Not that I'm complaining. I love the Sims but that's pretty much what Home is, no? You create your character (much like the Sims), and interact with other players (also like the Sims), and you can customize your "home" with furniture (that is so Sims). This is a cool feature and we get it for free but isn't EA a little upset right now about the Sims rip off that just happened? CyanX73
did you miss the whole going to a bowling alley with others, virtual movie theaters, virtual arcade, stream movies and music off you hard drive to let others see and hear it, invite others to games!!! OMGOMGOMGMOMG
JesterSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JesterSage
Member since 2005 • 597 Posts
[QUOTE="CyanX73"]Not that I'm complaining. I love the Sims but that's pretty much what Home is, no? You create your character (much like the Sims), and interact with other players (also like the Sims), and you can customize your "home" with furniture (that is so Sims). This is a cool feature and we get it for free but isn't EA a little upset right now about the Sims rip off that just happened? gamenux
Yes, that is SIMS. So what? You rather they not have such a feature? dumass

And if you have to say "ripoff" and get sued, then trust me, Linden Labs (second Life), and may be Nintendo (Mii) can also sue I may not like the fact that Sony got something cool, but at least admit it, it's good, and perfect.