So far....I think Uncharted actually has better Graphics than MGS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stark1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Stark1177
Member since 2003 • 200 Posts

I watched the MGS4 trailer again last night, and after playing Uncharted, I'd have to say Uncharted looks alot more realistic, in terms of Textures, Shaders, Lighting and pretty much everything else. MGS4 just seemed a bit Flat looking and washed out, Sort of looked like a really high Polygon PS2 game, Doesnt help that they use drab colors through out....The Hair and the clothing in Uncharted looked amazing, I realize every peice of clothing in MGS is Skin tight, but I wish they'd up the textures and bump mapping, and they are still using pretty much the same Hair style they've been using since PS2 (big flat strands)

I guess you could call these choices an art direction (May to stick closer to how MGS2 and 3 looked like, instead going super realistic) oh and Im not hatin on MGS4 at all, I cant wait for the game, these are just observations I had

Ian23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ian23
Member since 2006 • 490 Posts
Or the fact that the game isn't finished yet....
PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PoweredByHonda
Member since 2007 • 2972 Posts

I watched the MGS4 trailer again last night, and after playing Uncharted, I'd have to say Uncharted looks alot more realistic, in terms of Textures, Shaders, Lighting and pretty much everything else. MGS4 just seemed a bit Flat looking and washed out, Sort of looked like a really high Polygon PS2 game, Doesnt help that they use drab colors through out....The Hair and the clothing in Uncharted looked amazing, I realize every peice of clothing in MGS is Skin tight, but I wish they'd up the textures and bump mapping, and they are still using pretty much the same Hair style they've been using since PS2 (big flat strands)

I guess you could call these choices an art direction (May to stick closer to how MGS2 and 3 looked like, instead going super realistic) oh and Im not hatin on MGS4 at all, I cant wait for the game, these are just observations I had

Stark1177

Thing about that though, MGS4 isnt out yet, its still in production, that means the graphics could STILL get better, and uncharted = a finished product so its as good as its gonna be right now "unless an uncharted 2 comes out" so i would say you just wait till the final product of MGS4 comes out till you critisize graphics

Stark1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stark1177
Member since 2003 • 200 Posts
I said "so far" and do you really think there will be a Huge Jump graphically from the trailer to what its like when its released?
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

I don't think the MGS series has every really been about pushing the envelope when it comes to visuals. Don't get me wrong, all of the Metal Gear Solid games looked very good, but one could always find games that looked a little better. Kojima's sense of artistic style for the MGS games has always been very unique and interesting, and I see that same artistic direction in MGS4.

As far as realism is concerned, I think Uncharted does look better. I do, however, like what Kojima has done with MGS4 from an artistic standpoint. You can instantly recognize that it's a Metal Gear Solid game, but it still looks "next-gen." The point I'm trying to make, I guess, is that it's just apples and oranges. *shrug*

PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PoweredByHonda
well it IS possible haha, i guess we all just have to wait for it and btwto me MGS > Uncharted haha especially since MG Online is comming with MGS4 =D
PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PoweredByHonda

I don't think the MGS series has every really been about pushing the envelope when it comes to visuals. Don't get me wrong, all of the Metal Gear Solid games looked very good, but one could always find games that looked a little better. Kojima's sense of artistic style for the MGS games has always been very unique and interesting, and I see that same artistic direction in MGS4.

As far as realism is concerned, I think Uncharted does look better. I do, however, like what Kojima has done with MGS4 from an artistic standpoint. You can instantly recognize that it's a Metal Gear Solid game, but it still looks "next-gen." The point I'm trying to make, I guess, is that it's just apples and oranges. *shrug*

Jared2720

that is true though Uncharted is AMAZING graphically but im not so sure Gameplay wise because uncharted = 10 hours MGS games 2-20 hours so idont know and MGS is one of my al ltime favorite games (only 2 hours for speed runs by pros)

ReU_GanJa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ReU_GanJa
Member since 2004 • 835 Posts
No, man the only reason you say the graphics look better is because Uncharted is based in a jungle where its a lot more luscious location. Where as MGS4 is based in Afghanistan or some area like that, I mean really what you expect it to look all shiny? Have nice big shiny shacks everywhere cause that will be evidently correct :S
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
[QUOTE="Jared2720"]

PoweredByHonda

that is true though Uncharted is AMAZING graphically but im not so sure Gameplay wise because uncharted = 10 hours MGS games 2-20 hours so idont know and MGS is one of my al ltime favorite games (only 2 hours for speed runs by pros)

And what does length has to do with game-play? I have beaten Uncharted seven times already and only gave it a rest because I just got Folklore. Uncharted doesn't get old, its just as fun as pissing the back-up units in MGS2-3 off. And do remember that about half the length of every MGS is cinematics and Codec calls.

As far as graphics, MGS has never let me down and this one doesn't look like its gonna be any different. As far as realistic, I think MGS4 looks more realistic than Uncharted due to the fact that the colors are not so saturated. That saturation is what gives Uncharted its charm and artistic look, but it wouldn't work on MGS4, maybe in the enviorments of MGS3 perhaps. As far as character models, the Uncharted models animate like no other and I don't think the MGS ones will probably animate as well during game-play, but they have a certain plastic look that MGS4 characters don't have, which is good. As far as on-screen action, you gotta also see that there really isn't all that much going on in Uncharted at a time, while you have crap blowing all over the place in MGS4, so they can't afford to do everything super-detailed like Uncharted because frame rate would suffer.

PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PoweredByHonda
[QUOTE="PoweredByHonda"][QUOTE="Jared2720"]

C-Himura

And what does length has to do with game-play? I have beaten Uncharted seven times already and only gave it a rest because I just got Folklore. Uncharted doesn't get old, its just as fun as pissing the back-up units in MGS2-3 off. And do remember that about half the length of every MGS is cinematics and Codec calls.

haha thats true, and even with all those, being a long time MGS player i beat mgs3 in 7 hours with watching all movies and codec moments XDDDDD and iono, i just see some of those as super repetative if u replay something over 3 times, like some people like doing that but if its a 1 person campain story mode i like doing 1-3 playthroughs then im done for good and MGS4 comes with MGS Online so thats another + hhaha and also is folklore good?

lostsoulsofmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lostsoulsofmn
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts
dude, wait for the game to come out before you judge. dont be dumb
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

haha thats true, and even with all those, being a long time MGS player i beat mgs3 in 7 hours with watching all movies and codec moments XDDDDD and iono, i just see some of those as super repetative if u replay something over 3 times, like some people like doing that but if its a 1 person campain story mode i like doing 1-3 playthroughs then im done for good and MGS4 comes with MGS Online so thats another + hhaha and also is folklore good?

PoweredByHonda

So far it is very interesting and I enjoy it, though it is very linear. The combat is very deep though, as every monster works different for both characters and you need to use different strategies. I am not too much into FPS, so I know where you are coming from in terms of replay value, but just like there are tons of way of messing up with MGS guards (I am sorry, after I beat the games the way they should be played, me and my brother just have a blast creating all sort of ridicoulous situations for the units) there are also tons of ways (not nearly as many) of playing Uncharted. I am excited about MGSO, I really want to get into that as soon as the game comes out, though I don't know how I'll make the cardboard box work against real people:P

StanBlocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 StanBlocker
Member since 2005 • 576 Posts
There 2 totally different art styles though. Its like picking between black and white tv or a HD 50" Flat Panel.
PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PoweredByHonda
[QUOTE="PoweredByHonda"]

C-Himura

So far it is very interesting and I enjoy it, though it is very linear. The combat is very deep though, as every monster works different for both characters and you need to use different strategies. I am not too much into FPS, so I know where you are coming from in terms of replay value, but just like there are tons of way of messing up with MGS guards (I am sorry, after I beat the games the way they should be played, me and my brother just have a blast creating all sort of ridicoulous situations for the units) there are also tons of ways (not nearly as many) of playing Uncharted. I am excited about MGSO, I really want to get into that as soon as the game comes out, though I don't know how I'll make the cardboard box work against real people:P

i heard Folklore gets SUPER Repetative since you replay the whole game twice with 2 characters which was pretty bad, and its ok ive probably replayed MGS2 AND MGS3 about 20 times each, haha (I love unlocking EVERYTHING) i really only replay games when i havent competed or UNLOCKED every single thing (Im super into details) Like if i got CoD4 id do prestige as many times as possible, i dont really know, i just really have enjoyed metal gear solid, and to me MGS3 Had the best graphics for the PS2 Gameplay and NOT Cinimatics wise because i LOVED The MGS3 game, those graphics were so good when i played them on a 26 inch tv so i cant imagine what MGS4 would look like on a 40-60" HD 1080p TV haha

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
eh*shrugs* just give me the game and i'm happy since it's mgs4...that's all that needed to make it one of the best ever xD
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
This is quite possibly the dumbest post ever. You are comparing a game (uncharted) with mgs4, which isn't even out yet. We haven't even played the demo yet. So how can you compare the two. Plus you say snakes clothes are too tight, its a sneaking suite what do you expect, did you want snake to wear shorts and a t-shirt, while on his missions? MGS4 doesn't even come out till april or may. It's like me comparing PS3 graphics to PS4 graphics. Do you get the point.

Stark1177
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Okay I'm not done yet. I'm still very angry over this post. Look at the trailers for uncharted and just compare it to the actual game. Huge difference right, you will notice the lighting and the textures, and the clothing don't look as good in the trailers until you play theactual game.and now look at the trailers for mgs4, theylook great right. Well guess what the actual game will look aLOT!!!!! better.