so Famitsu gives Lair high marks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
Lair 9/7/8/9 and deservedly so
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Yeah it's a good game, seems they actually take the time to play the games.
Avatar image for gerard-williams
gerard-williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gerard-williams
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts
interesting
cannibal127-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 cannibal127-9
Member since 2002 • 573 Posts
Good!! I am glad that Lair is getting some rep. It really shows the huge differences between our regions tastes!
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

in my opinion lair should have gotten a 7- 7.5... honeslty the lock on could have been better... and the graphics are somtimes breathe taking and sometimes average to almost ugly... also frame rate during cutscenese could have been boosted

Rocket1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Rocket1988
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts
Those people are so biased though, whatever, it was an average game that got overhyped. They shouldve completely reworked that whole control system and i was so glad fight a volcano in a game that was one of things i had to do before i died. Thanks Factor 5, now i can die happily, i wish i could meet the person who thought of that and smoke what they were smoking so maybe i could have enjoyed the big bad volcano fight. I just thought it would be the answer to some of ps3's problems but it was an okay game.
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts

Lair 9/7/8/9 and deservedly so swordfish_64

It deserves an 8.25 overall? Not quite.

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

[QUOTE="swordfish_64"]Lair 9/7/8/9 and deservedly so BeErBOnG29

It deserves an 8.25 overall? Not quite.

opinions...they are a beautifull thing.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

It shows different culture has different taste.

Valkyrie Profile series recieved rather unimpressive rating in Gamespot, but most Eastern media praises the series highly.

Same with Dynasty Warriors.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

Valkyrie Profile series recieved rather unimpressive rating in Gamespot, but most Eastern media praises the series highly.

TriangleHard

Thats why I always check *** sites for ratings, thanks to google and some mediocre babel fish you can read the stuff in their reviews, besides, my taste is similar to the japanese, since Im a fan of many of the games that get hyped there. I guess its all about tastes afterall.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TriangleHard
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

kenshinhimura16

Thats why I always check *** sites for ratings, thanks to google and some mediocre babel fish you can read the stuff in their reviews, besides, my taste is similar to the japanese, since Im a fan of many of the games that get hyped there. I guess its all about tastes afterall.

Same here.

my taste in gaming also leans closer to Japanese than American.

Halo is zzzzz to me, same with KOTOR. To me, Valkyrie Profile series are much more entertaining.

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

TriangleHard

Same here.

Halo is zzzzz to me, same with KOTOR. To me, Valkyrie Profile series are much more entertaining.

but halo got a 10/9/9/9 from famitsu...

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

TriangleHard

Same here.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TriangleHard
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"][QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

stygiansanity

Same here.

Just like how Final Fantasy games get 9+ in American website.

but many gamers with Western taste doesn't like Final Fantasy games.

Same idea.

I'm sure there are many Western games that was praised to be the savior of mankind recieved not so impressive rating in East, such as Viva Pinata.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
That seems a fair review for Lair, maybe a bit high. For me it was a 7.8 due to the short length, mission structure, and story not being as epic as it could have been.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
opinions are just like butts, everyone has one
zpxkjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zpxkjp
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
How the hell is KOTOR a zzzzzzzzzzzz!?
da1writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 da1writer
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts

How the hell is KOTOR a zzzzzzzzzzzz!?zpxkjp

Well, I never liked the KOTOR series, very uninteresting story put me to sleep alot and I skipped most dialogue to just play the game through on my computer. Jade Empire ain't that good either because it felt more of the same as KOTOR but thrown in the Asian region. All three games are no longer on my computer due to boring story and overall not that good of a game. I prefer interesting story told RPG's like Kingdom Hearts and the Final Fantasy's because I prefer the japanese culture over american when it comes to RPG's. I did like LAIR alot, to stay on the subject. Story was pretty good (not as epic as Heavenly Sword), solid graphics, and I love games that us the motion sensing of the controller. Game was pretty fun too but not everyone is going to like it if you are a newb at motion sensing. Some of us perfected the motion sensing of the sixaxis, that's whysome of uslove the aftertouch in Heavenly Sword more than others. I think the review of LAIR by Famitsu is very fair and on the ground of being near Play's review. Only two reviews so far that does the game justice when it come to a review.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

Those people are so biased though, whatever, it was an average game that got overhyped. They shouldve completely reworked that whole control system and i was so glad fight a volcano in a game that was one of things i had to do before i died. Thanks Factor 5, now i can die happily, i wish i could meet the person who thought of that and smoke what they were smoking so maybe i could have enjoyed the big bad volcano fight. I just thought it would be the answer to some of ps3's problems but it was an okay game.Rocket1988

:o volcano fight, you say?