So do you think GoW3 will only be a buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sparda012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sparda012
Member since 2006 • 2045 Posts

I just watched the GTTV GoW3 special and it looked pretty good. Combat, graphics, and gameplay wise. I just don't think it will have much replay value (correct me if I am wrong). What is your opinon on the game. It will definately be a great game, but do you think it will be worth the $60 price tag?

ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
If my hands ever touch the game, it will either be from a borrow or a rent. No, screw rent. Just a borrow. I won't spend an unrefundable dime on Kratos.
deckard79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deckard79
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

The first two were pretty lengthy games. Plus theres trophies if thats your thing. Plus, youll probably want to replay the game a few times after you beat it, not right away, but maybe a couple months down the line in between new games coming out.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

The first two were pretty lengthy games. Plus theres trophies if thats your thing. Plus, youll probably want to replay the game a few times after you beat it, not right away, but maybe a couple months down the line in between new games coming out.

deckard79
im pretty much gonna second this....yet im not gonna say its worth 60 bucks though honestly i know its gonna do great and it deserves to so im going to wait a year or until it gets greatest hits honors...i mean the red case would go well with the game dont you think?
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Others may judge replay value differently, but, for me, replay value is the entertainment and experience value that I get from a game. Going by that, GoWIII will definitely be a game I replay multiple times.

This goes for pretty much all other single player games (that I love) as well.

Take Uncharted 2. Most people will find their replay value in the game's online arena, whereas, for me, the replay value lies in its single player. Since its release, I've already beaten it more than a dozen times, each playthrough being as enjoyable to me as the last. It, and other great single player experiences, never get old to me.

Anyway, yeah. I guess GoWIII's replay value will really come down to how each individiual looks at replay value. For me, as with most other single player games, the game is still entertaining long after I beat it. Great experiences don't wear off for me, even after I beat it.

So, to answer the question personally, yes. It's a buy.

ElxMexican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 ElxMexican
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

GoWIII I think will be anamazing game. If the story and gameplay are just as great as the first two, maybe even better, then I definitely see some Replay value in this. Like Uncharted 2, if the story is amazing, then replaying it will be an enjoyable experience. There is also the amount of treasures as well as the trophies for the game.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
I absolutely detest the term "replay value." It's the reason why too many developers add an average multiplayer mode to their games instead of focusing on providing an excellent singleplayer experience.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I just watched the GTTV GoW3 special and it looked pretty good. Combat, graphics, and gameplay wise. I just don't think it will have much replay value (correct me if I am wrong). What is your opinon on the game. It will definately be a great game, but do you think it will be worth the $60 price tag?

sparda012
The game is suppose to be a 15-20hr game, just because a game isn't 100hrs long doesn't mean it has no replay value, what's my thoughts on the game? I'm looking foward to it like everyone else is.
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#9 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
If my hands ever touch the game, it will either be from a borrow or a rent. No, screw rent. Just a borrow. I won't spend an unrefundable dime on Kratos.ProjectTrinity
Totally agree, its rare for me to hate a game character. There are only two game characters I hate, Leonard (From White Knight) and Kratos. One whines too damn much about someone he doesn't know, the other is a blood thirsty maniac.
krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I'm not buying it. I rarely spend $60 on a game without Multiplayer. What's the point? Once you beat it, it will just sit there and collect dust. All my games have the online component.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Must have game IMO. I don't understand the "multiplayer only" policy. If anything I try to limit the number of multiplayer games I have at the same time. There is just too much overlap between Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare, Bad Company 1, etc. I've sold the latter two games because there's no way I need multiple online shooters at the same time. The best single player games have lasting appeal years later. Multi-player games on consoles get shut down and become worthless within 2 or 3 years.
Sciver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sciver
Member since 2004 • 276 Posts

This is one of those games I must buy. Mostly because I will enjoy playing it again and again. Also, I have alot of fanboy friends especially on the pc side. Can't wait to show this game off to them! lol.

Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

I'm not buying it. I rarely spend $60 on a game without Multiplayer. What's the point? Once you beat it, it will just sit there and collect dust. All my games have the online component.

krsvbg
You actually have a point... I got Demon's Souls cause I can traverse through dungeons cooperatively ^_^;; And here I thought I bought it for single player goodness. The MP actually gave it an edge really
AfgZeroVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AfgZeroVirus
Member since 2007 • 631 Posts

Day one buy for me, I have had a ps1, ps2, and now a ps3. I just played the demo for the first time today and I waslike holy **** i was blownaway. Even though it's a year old build, it was insane...... In addition, I admit thatI have never played any games in the god of war series and part 3 looks phenomenal. Even if the game was to last only 3 to 4 hours I would still buy. Nuff said.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18811 Posts
1 player games arent worth the $40(PS1) $50(PS2) $60(PS3) $20 is the best price. im sorry but once you done the 1st play through its mostly game over.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Yeah its a buy for me, not every game I buy has to have multiplayer.
Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

God of War is amazing. Both of the first two games were truly outstanding, and I won't hesitate at all to buy the third installment the first day it comes out. I can however understand how some people might not like GOW. It's not for everyone. It's like Bioshock or Halo for me. I played both of them, and for the life of me could not get into them and understand why they were considered to be so great. IMO Halo is one of the worst fps's I've ever played. Just my $.02 of course.