So are you exctied for Fallout:NV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Well im sure im not the only one excited for this game, I had my doubts about it before anything was really told about it but after reading the preview a couple of weeks ago over oxm and then in gameinformer I am just so excited for it :).

It's so good to know obsidean will be developing it and hearing all these good things about it like hardcore mode and that you actually can aim down the sights of your guns instead of just zooming in like F3. Hell New Vegas might just turn out to be better then F3 which will utterly make me one very confused person since I adored F3.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Heck yeah I'm excited. I loved Fallout 3 and I expect wonderful things from New Vegas.

Avatar image for solidsnake10123
solidsnake10123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 solidsnake10123
Member since 2008 • 396 Posts

i cant wait from what i have heard of it so far it will be simply amazing and one of the best games of the year

infernalant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 infernalant
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts
i still need to play F3!
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I cant wait, its a day 1 buy for me
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

If it doesn't have a million bugs like their previous games, then yeah, it'll probably be great. Otherwise, bargain bin material.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Melpoe

If it doesn't have a million bugs like their previous games, then yeah, it'll probably be great. Otherwise, bargain bin material.

Jackc8
Well sure the first game was riddled with bugs but sadly when ever beth develops a game you come to terms with it. With NV though you might not have to worry about that since obsidian is developing it, but still I guess you could be on your guard :).
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Oh yeah I'm excited. I'm not too excited about Hardcore mode, but that's only because on Fallout 3 I basically carry all of the ammo in the entire wasteland on my back :P In the very first Fallout ammo had weight so it's cool to see that they're kinda looking back on that one for inspiration. There's also going to be something with the New California Republic in this one and they were in the old ones too. I'm pretty excited for it. I'll be more excited when it's closer to launch.

mythochondria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mythochondria
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts

Fallout 3 was a good game but a little boring in the long run. It had a lot of problems and a lack of features (like a vehicle to move for example). When I finished fallout 3 I was like "FINALLY!" I hope New Vegas will be better than its predecessor.

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

Im sure I could get insanely excited about it if I wasnt so crazy about a lot of other titles out there. Probably not a first day for me, but there may be something to change my mind still early days for information on it.

nav_auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nav_auron
Member since 2005 • 15619 Posts

Am I excited for New Vegas? Well, I sure hope I am, otherwise I'll need to change my avi and sig

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#12 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Definitely :)

Fallout 3 was so great, I expect similar satisfaction when playing New Vegas :D

LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Well im sure im not the only one excited for this game, I had my doubts about it before anything was really told about it but after reading the preview a couple of weeks ago over oxm and then in gameinformer I am just so excited for it :).

It's so good to know obsidean will be developing it and hearing all these good things about it like hardcore mode and that you actually can aim down the sights of your guns instead of just zooming in like F3. Hell New Vegas might just turn out to be better then F3 which will utterly make me one very confused person since I adored F3.

Melpoe

This is probably the only game I'm really looking forward to playing. From the looks of it, it's going to be Fallout 3, just with more tweaks. So it should be better than F3 just as Vice City was better than gta3. Just imagine what Fallout 3.3 (their San Andreas) will be like.

Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

yes. yes I am.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I'm excited for this game, and don't get me wrong, I loved FAllout 3, but Vegas has the same graphics and style, I kinda wanted to see something a little new, but F3 was an amazing game, so that's why I'm not too picky about it.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

It looks spiffy I might get it.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Why are people pre-ordering this game? Just wait for the GOTY edition..
Rckstrchik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rckstrchik
Member since 2010 • 1271 Posts

i still need to play F3! infernalant
Same. :lol: I'm sort of excited, I need to see more about it first.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Hells yeah I am! That's gonna get some long hours of game time from me:D

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Not really.... Fallout 3 was boring and traveling sucked. Started out really slow. I prefer Borderlands style of gameplay.... But to eaches own. But since it's going to be made by different people I will still check it out. But I'm renting first.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

I predict it will be better than Fallout 3!

The aiming is going to be much better, and I can only guess that there will be a lot less bugs.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
Can't wait for this game and Hardcore mode. Zooming down the sights is okay, although I had no problem with the previous aiming method.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
I'm hoping it will be alittle more polished than F3 which was buggy as hell but so far i'm excited.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Very excited for this game, gonna get it as soon as she comes out!

Pneumonia-Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pneumonia-Hawk
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts
Playing Borderlands has not tamed my want for this game at all!! I just want to play it more now!!
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Jackc8

Making a huge game of Fallout's proportion isn't exactly easy, cut them some slack...:|

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

I am very very excited, I cant wait!

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Didn't really like Fallout 3 too much, it was kind of boring. I'm hoping New Vegas with be different in a good way. I wish Bethesda would just chill with the Fallout games and focus on Elder Scrolls. More people want TES games than Fallout if you ask me. :P

Bsmcclure10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bsmcclure10
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts
Honestly, I own Fallout 3, and for some reason I really didn't get into it as much as my friends. They all told me what an amazing game it was, so I went out and bought it, and it didn't please me for the money I spent. It's still in my collection, maybe I will give it another go soon, before New Vegas. Anyways, I will most likely buy the new one, or at least rent it, to see if it's any better than the other one. Don't get me wrong I love RPGs, but Fallout 3 wasn't the best to me, maybe it's just because I didn't get very far in the game?
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Melpoe

Honestly, I own Fallout 3, and for some reason I really didn't get into it as much as my friends. They all told me what an amazing game it was, so I went out and bought it, and it didn't please me for the money I spent. It's still in my collection, maybe I will give it another go soon, before New Vegas. Anyways, I will most likely buy the new one, or at least rent it, to see if it's any better than the other one. Don't get me wrong I love RPGs, but Fallout 3 wasn't the best to me, maybe it's just because I didn't get very far in the game?Bsmcclure10
Hey man I know alot of people just like you, one of my friends who is a huge Rpg lover hated F3 for alot of reasons. He is more of a fantasy type of rpg gamer, games like Oblivion, Morrowind, Dragon Age, Jade Empire are his cup of tea.

Now ive known people that hated F3 at first because they said it was slow and then after sticking with it for maybe 4 hours the game picked up for them and they became addicted to it , collecting practically everything in the game. I would suggest giving it another shot and try to get to level 8, if the game is still not for you then maybe you will not like NV as well however New Vegas does seem to be a big improvement over Fallout 3.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

*Raises Hand* I AM!

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
Am I the only one who wants somebody to make a Fallout/RPG type game set post apocalyptic... But NOT retro-futuristic like Fallout, and not Western styled. Like a realistic version of the future? With cars, good weapons, diverse scenery (not everywhere destroyed).
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Melpoe
Am I the only one who wants somebody to make a Fallout/RPG type game set post apocalyptic... But NOT retro-futuristic like Fallout, and not Western styled. Like a realistic version of the future? With cars, good weapons, diverse scenery (not everywhere destroyed).dkjestrup
Without that retro-futuristic look it would not be a Fallout game now would it :P. Also yes you are the only one.
nav_auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nav_auron
Member since 2005 • 15619 Posts

While a realistic post-apocalyptic RPG would be good, i like the divergence in Fallout.

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
[QUOTE="dkjestrup"]Am I the only one who wants somebody to make a Fallout/RPG type game set post apocalyptic... But NOT retro-futuristic like Fallout, and not Western styled. Like a realistic version of the future? With cars, good weapons, diverse scenery (not everywhere destroyed).Melpoe
Without that retro-futuristic look it would not be a Fallout game now would it :P. Also yes you are the only one.

Oh no, not as a Fallout game. As a new IP.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

theres no game im looking for ward to like for this , gran turismo 5 and zelda are coming clos ebut this game surely wins , i liked fallout 3 so much i spent bout 200 hours already with that game , its so good i even excuse the freezeing every two hours when i have to restart the console , at least it saves often so i barely lost anything tiill now because of the freezing

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Melpoe

[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="dkjestrup"]Am I the only one who wants somebody to make a Fallout/RPG type game set post apocalyptic... But NOT retro-futuristic like Fallout, and not Western styled. Like a realistic version of the future? With cars, good weapons, diverse scenery (not everywhere destroyed).dkjestrup

Oh no, not as a Fallout game. As a new IP.

Oh well in that case sure why not :).

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

No, not really. Despite the fact that I love open world WRPGs, I simply couldn't get into F3. I found it uninteresting, and plain boring, a total 180 from what I usually think about these kinds of games, which tend to be one of my favorite genres.

Because of my feelings towards F3, I really don't have any interest in F:NV, though I won't totally write it off because, really, you just never know.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
few people wont admit this but FO3 was pretty leanier there was so many places you could go, that and a dated engine not really all that soaked for this new fallout game.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Melpoe
few people wont admit this but FO3 was pretty leanier there was so many places you could go, that and a dated engine not really all that soaked for this new fallout game.Santesyu
Wait how was F3 linear if there was so many places to go? Also why does the graphic engine matter?
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
something about it looks more cleaner than fallout 3 but can't quite pick it. would be nice if they added co-op to it, and make area's harder depending on your levels and amount of people with you.
LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Why are people pre-ordering this game? Just wait for the GOTY edition..Fightingfan
I wont blame anyone for doing that but at least with Fallout3 (unlike most other big franchises like gta & cod) the dlc was actually worth the price.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Melpoe

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Why are people pre-ordering this game? Just wait for the GOTY edition..LeifLongbottom

I wont blame anyone for doing that but at least with Fallout3 (unlike most other big franchises like gta & cod) the dlc was actually worth the price.

I completely agree with you there. Hell even the ones I hated like Mothership Zeta, they are still worth the price that they sell them at.
Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

Massively

SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

I never really played Fallout 3 apart from about 30 minutes on a friends console so I can't really comment on it. As for Fallout NV I have little interest at the moment.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

I dont like Fallout 3 but pretty excited for New Vegas since it has warm color palette and aim down the sights, weapons mods ...

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Melpoe

I dont like Fallout 3 but pretty excited for New Vegas since it has warm color palette and aim down the sights, weapons mods ...

Zensword
Yes NV gets me excited because since your in "new vegas" it will have a different look to it, wont look as Grey hopefully.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Venom_Raptor

i still need to play F3! infernalant

Yes you do!! :P

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="LeifLongbottom"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Why are people pre-ordering this game? Just wait for the GOTY edition..Melpoe

I completely agree with you there. Hell even the ones I hated like Mothership Zeta, they are still worth the price that they sell them at.

Hopefully the developers don't make the GOTY edition more glitchy than the actual game though, like the case with Fallout 3:?

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Melpoe

[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="LeifLongbottom"] I wont blame anyone for doing that but at least with Fallout3 (unlike most other big franchises like gta & cod) the dlc was actually worth the price.

Venom_Raptor

Hopefully the developers don't make the GOTY edition more glitchy than the actual game though, like the case with Fallout 3:?

Yeah that really got under my skin, but I guess it's there way of saying "but the dlc asap" lol.