So, are they going to put more UMD ames on the VITA than the GO?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DerveCreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DerveCreaves
Member since 2013 • 345 Posts
I mean I have a 3000 and original PSP model, but I mean, I want to be able to play these game son upgraded devices at some point. It;s been so long and no BC or at the very least having Digital downloads or at least backups from the UMDS you can play. Make a converter or something. Anything announced for VITA? About PSP UMD games?
Avatar image for Mortalmaster123
Mortalmaster123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mortalmaster123
Member since 2005 • 1275 Posts

Old news but: "When I contacted Sony recently regarding the subject it had nothing to say, although it has now come out and revealed the unpleasant truth: North American gamers will not see any form of the UMD Passport program those in Japan did"

http://www.1up.com/news/vita-psp-umd-conversion-program-scrapped

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Most that people outside Japan can wish for are ports of UMD games, but that's probably not going to happen. BBS for example.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I'm surprised that Sony and the third parties have not released PSP games on The PSvita SD card format. PSP UMD hold 1.8GB while PSvita UMDs. For some reason converting UMDs for release via Playstation store takes forever.

Games like Kingdom hearts Birth By Sleep is an example. So why Square Enix didn't just issue a version on SD card format for PSvita. Plus the PSvita uses those expensive memory card formats which doesn't encourage PSN sales