Should there be a Valkyria Chronicles Sequel???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
So far I'm still in the beginning of the game but so far this title seems like an instant classic to me. I'm just wondering, do you think they'll ever make a sequel to this awesome game? It saddens me that VC is getting the bum shaft in sales when craptastic games like Iron Man makes millions. Anyone else feels the same way?
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Without spoiling anything, the ending tied everything up incredibly well. We probably won't see a sequel (well at least here in North America) anytime soon, but if we do, it probably won't be a direct sequel. I do hope however that the Valkyria Chronicles franchise will grow. I'd like a prequel following Welkin Gunther's dad, Cpt. Varrot, Largo, and that mysterious guy in the graveyard. Now THAT would be epic.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I doubt there will be a sequel because it didn't sell too well here in the states. There may be one in Japan, but who knows. I don't think there should really be a sequel, because not every great game really needs one.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"] I'd like a prequel following Welkin Gunther's dad, Cpt. Varrot, Largo, and that mysterious guy in the graveyard. Now THAT would be epic.

agreed, a prequel would be really good imo (though it wouldn't have any of the "Valkyria" aspects from the second half of Valkyria Chronicles, it just wouldn't make sense imo).
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
There should be another addition to the franchise, yes, but unfortunately I don't think we'll ever get one.
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#6 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Without spoiling anything, the ending tied everything up incredibly well. We probably won't see a sequel (well at least here in North America) anytime soon, but if we do, it probably won't be a direct sequel. I do hope however that the Valkyria Chronicles franchise will grow. I'd like a prequel following Welkin Gunther's dad, Cpt. Varrot, Largo, and that mysterious guy in the graveyard. Now THAT would be epic.

I'd definitely buy that. Hopefully we'll see such a prequel made
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
The game didn't do well enough to warrant i sequel i think.. its a shame.. Sega has done better this gen than the last one (aside from Sonic)
AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts
i really hope another one comes out the game was one of the best iv played in a long time. racked up 50hours on the firat playthrough in 4 days i was hooked and didnt want to turn it off.
KingFrostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 KingFrostman
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
I love the game, but i dont want there to be a sequal. Sometimes a sequal can ruin a game. Especially for games like these. Hopefully there will be tons of downloadable content, but no new game.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
Valkyria Chronicles didn't sell well...? those who didn't get it have missed a great game! one of Sega's great releases for quite awhile... a sequel or prequel depends, either make it better or break it. it's up to the developers to make a sequel, but if it didn't sell well, maybe they'll have doubts! Valkyria Chronicles is an instant classic!
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

usually sega doesnt do sequals for their rpgs.

that and the game flew under the radar until recently. no hype watsoever even though its the best rpg for ps3.

no sequal, plus by the time u finish the game 50 hours later, you wont need one.