Should Sony add more PS2 Games to PSN?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterSatsujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterSatsujin
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

Do you think Sony should listen to the fans and start adding more ps2 games to psn? I don't have a ps2, and I have a ps3 slim.:cry:

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i'd rather more ps games it was a better system
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
yes defently. to be honest the only game i want to be added is dragon quest 8. i loved that game adn i never got to finish it becasue my ps2 dont work anymore.
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts

YES. But the biggest games I want on there (whichare for the PSone) is spiderman and spiderman 2 enter electro. I'm still waiting for that game.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

no, since they can obviously get ps2 games to play on the ps3 they should release a firmware update allowing ps2 games to be played instead of remilking their loyal customers who've already paid for their ps2 games once.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

It would be nice ifSony did that but so far they don't seen to be interested in doing so.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

No, just bring PS2 BC back because I know they're not going HD remake certain and all PS2 gems.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
It would be nice. I regret trading in my PS2 towards my 360 4 years ago.
Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I don't really see a need for more PS2 games on PSN, especially since PS2's are so cheap.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22406 Posts
Yeah I'd love to see more PS2 games released on PSN. Games like Vice City & San Andreas would be a definite buy for me.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

no, since they can obviously get ps2 games to play on the ps3 they should release a firmware update allowing ps2 games to be played instead of remilking their loyal customers who've already paid for their ps2 games once.

z4twenny

Emulation comes from a piece of hardware (a chip), not firmware, which is no longer installed in the PS3 to cut production cost. I'm not an expert, but I don't think it's a matter of firmware... correct me if I'm wrong out there, anyone, please. But I believe that's what's at play here, and why it's not an easy change. I would genuinely LOVE som BC, as i have lots and lots of PS2 games which I worship and will never stop playing, like "Sky Odyssey". Greatest flying game for a Sony system EVER, and why I will always have a functional PS2 in the house.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
in the future maybe, now not really. i got a ps3 for ps3 games so i want more ps3 games. if i really want to play ps2 games, just hook up my ps2 ( although i do got a 60gb ps3) and play one of 100 games i got on ps2.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

[QUOTE="z4twenny"]

MonkeySpot

Emulation comes from a piece of hardware (a chip), not firmware, which is no longer installed in the PS3 to cut production cost. I'm not an expert, but I don't think it's a matter of firmware... correct me if I'm wrong out there, anyone, please. But I believe that's what's at play here, and why it's not an easy change. I would genuinely LOVE som BC, as i have lots and lots of PS2 games which I worship and will never stop playing, like "Sky Odyssey". Greatest flying game for a Sony system EVER, and why I will always have a functional PS2 in the house.

im quite positive they can get the games running via software emulation (which they used in later 1st gen models, i believe in europe)
and to top that off, i have trouble believing that they can get the ps2 game running in hd and sell it over the psn (without requiring your ps3 to support BC) but they can't do anything to let you play the ps2 games you already have in SD. sonys milking their customers, end of story.

KidComputer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KidComputer
Member since 2010 • 67 Posts
No, in my opinion they should release more PS games. I think the Team ICO pack should be it for PS2 releases.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12350 Posts
I have no problem with them re-releasing HD Versions of PS2 games on PSN.
nickz_fpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nickz_fpk
Member since 2010 • 1458 Posts

Not bothered about PS2 games anymore, I've moved on from wanting to play them again.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Are there already Ps2 games on there?! I only saw the Ps1 games!

jwn25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jwn25
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

I'm fairly certain that the first ps3 with bc had cpu and gpu of a ps2. They later did away with the gpu in the later models having it done it software. I'm not sure that the newer slim models could even do it. one thing for them to emulate ps1 games but ps2? you need a pretty high end PC to emulate ps2 and it's still not 100% then.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
No. I have plenty of PS2 games on disc. What Sony needs to do is release the update that makes these stupid slims play the darn things. I miss my old 80gb. :(
Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="z4twenny"]

z4twenny

im quite positive they can get the games running via software emulation (which they used in later 1st gen models, i believe in europe)
and to top that off, i have trouble believing that they can get the ps2 game running in hd and sell it over the psn (without requiring your ps3 to support BC) but they can't do anything to let you play the ps2 games you already have in SD. sonys milking their customers, end of story.

What they did with The God of War Collect and Prince of Persian PSN versions was simply take the existing PS2 game and rewrote the code to make it native PS3, which is why you can put the disc right in the PS3 (or download the PSN version) and it runs natively on the system. This isn't the same as software emulation, which would require the PS3 to software emulate all the PS2 hardware. There's a huge difference there and it would take way too much time and resources for Sony to make software emulation fully compatible with every game, similar with why Microsoft stopped doing BC support for Xbox 1 games on the 360, after a certain point, it's just not worth it. And as many people have said, PS2's are dirt cheap.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#21 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Hopefully it'll happen, if anything selling each for $14.95 each wouldn't be too steep of an asking price.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
id rather they did either a firmware update to add ps2 emulation or release a cheap add-on that does the same thing (upscaling preferred) and then focus on releasing games on psn that arent easy to get (gow and PoP games are everywhere).
youranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 youranus
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

add tenchu 2...

resident evil 2 and 3

thats i i gues all titles i need from ps1

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

Resident Evil 1,2,3 have been on the PSN for a while now.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
The only PS2 game id really like that i dont have would be Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner. Got the first just for the MGS2 demo but then found out how awesome the game really was.
IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IceBlazerX
Member since 2010 • 3286 Posts
For sure. I'm still of playing them on my PS2.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Seeing as I'm one of those weird people who enjoys owning a physical copy of a game I'd rather Sony pull more of the that collection nonsense(like with GoW and ICO collection thing).:P

Alot of the older PS2 games I sold way back when are ****ing impossible to find now anyway.:x