deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

With the forthcoming PS4 Pro, I have been wondering why I keep my PS4 around... Sure, there are exlusives and what not but it still makes me wonder if staying on PC only would be a good idea...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@LauriAJ:

If you don't like Sony exclusives and feel more comfortable with pc keyboards and already have a pc then yeah, you should sell it. If you just wanna sell it in exchange for the Pro then you shouldn't do it. You'll be very disappointed!

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Still, what i'm hoping is that I will get a good payback from it... I live in Finland by the way. Just saying...

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@LauriAJ said:

Still, what i'm hoping is that I will get a good payback from it... I live in Finland by the way. Just saying...

Used ones seem to go for 200€ and upwards on huuto.net atm, most likely the prices drop a bit more once the pro launches, I might try selling my Bloodborne edition if some1 pays good money for, never know it was only available in Japan as far as I know.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Only if you have no use for it and you could sell it for a good price.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

My personal opinion is to stick with the PS4 as a compliment to your PC. There are plenty of exclusives still coming for the machine to justify owning one, while I don't feel there is enough value in the Pro to justify buying one if you already own a PS4.

I would only sell the PS4 if you are sure there are absolutely no games coming for it that you want to play and/or you simply need the money.

SoupyFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 11

#7 SoupyFlow
Member since 2014 • 136 Posts

GameStop was giving $200 trade-in credit for PS4s. But that has dropped down to $125 now, what a joke. Of course you can get more money by just selling it and holding on to that money or trade-in credit for the PS4 Pro.

Focusing on PC gaming of course is a great choice, but you will miss out on the following things by going PC only:

1) Sports Games: Most forum dwellers don't care about sports games (just my experience). But I sure as heck do. The sports gaming community is MUCH larger and better on consoles. Also there are a lot of sports games that are console only (Madden, MLB). The sports games that are available on PC have tiny communities.

2) PS4 Exclusives: Self explanatory.

3) Xbox One Exclusives: I know you are talking about PS4 stuff here, but just to cover all of the bases of going PC only, a lot of Xbox exclusives are making their way to PC, but there are still a lot that are not coming to PC. First party and third party included.

4) Friends: For the most part, you won't be able to play with any of your friends on PS4 if you go PC only. This might not be a big deal to you.

I currently have a Gaming PC, PS4, and Xbox One S. I find myself using my PS4 and Xbox One S most of the time mainly due to the simplicity of the platforms and friends. My Gaming PC collects dust most of the time. It was built in 2013 with the best hardware available at the time and was an over $2000 dollar build. It's still more powerful than my PS4 or Xbox One S and I can still play everything on high settings at 60 FPS, but I am getting more and more sick of hardware upgrade costs, dealing with Windows 10 etc. Like I said, I enjoy the simplicity of console gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Yeah, that is true. But then again, I might ask them if they got a Steam account or something similar so that I can friend them there. And yes, I don't really care about sports games such as FIFA or Madden that much.

fantam39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fantam39
Member since 2016 • 40 Posts

@LauriAJ: Hey I wouldn't worry everything remains primarily the same other than PS4 Pro will boast better looking graphics and the luxury of been able to play on a 4K T.V, peace, Olly Staley 12/09/16.