Should I sell my blu-ray player....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I have Panasonice 3D blu-ray player that I bought a few day before my PS3. Needless to say I have never used it. The only reason I can think of to keep is that it can play MKV. files and my PS3 can't. Any other reason I might want hold on to it?

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts
I have a PS3, but would rather use my Blu-ray player because it's completely silent, unlike my PS3.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 StrongBlackVine

I have a PS3, but would rather use my Blu-ray player because it's completely silent, unlike my PS3. Lost-to-Apathy

I have not played a movie in either drive yet so I can't make comparison on that. Just seems like a waste to spend $120 on a player I have never used. I'll probably keep it though.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lost-to-Apathy

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]I have a PS3, but would rather use my Blu-ray player because it's completely silent, unlike my PS3. StrongBlackVine

I have not played a movie in either drive yet so I can't make comparison on that. Just seems like a waste to spend $120 on a player I have never used. I'll probably keep it though.

The general noise of the PS3 bothers me enough while watching films that it made me buy a Blu-ray player. Maybe it will bother you as well.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]I have a PS3, but would rather use my Blu-ray player because it's completely silent, unlike my PS3. Lost-to-Apathy

The general noise of the PS3 bothers me enough while watching films that it made me buy a Blu-ray player. Maybe it will bother you as well.

I watch a ton of movies on Netlfix and my PS3 is very quiet so that has never been an issue. Do you have a Slim?

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lost-to-Apathy

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

I watch a ton of movies on Netlfix and my PS3 is very quiet so that has never been an issue. Do you have a Slim?

Nope.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"] The general noise of the PS3 bothers me enough while watching films that it made me buy a Blu-ray player. Maybe it will bother you as well. Lost-to-Apathy

Nope.

OK. I have Slim so maybe they run a bit quieter.

H4wt_Pocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 H4wt_Pocket
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

I don't see the point in keeping it if you don't have another room to put it in. I have a slim and it's very quite when I watch blu rays on it.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I would keep it. You would probably lose a bunch of $$$ on the trade anyway. So instead of losing money for nothing, you might as well keep the blu-ray player you already have and use it for watching movies. Even though my PS3 slim isn't really all that loud, I still notice it when watching movies. So that's another reason to use a standalone player. That and I feel like I would burn up my PS3 if I used it for both watching movies (which I do alot of) and also for gaming. It's better to just stick to gaming on my PS3 and movies on my blu-ray player.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

well, if it was me and i didnt need the mony, id keep it and use it for the bluray movies.less wear and tear on your ps3.plus it might come in handy if your ps3 was to break that way you could still watch you bluray movies. of course if you could sell the player for near what u have in it then you could always use the cash for more games ect. kinda got to figure it out for your self.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i would purachase a region free player....so many good movies..collectors editions from other countries..

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I use my player for movies most of the time as it will rest the Blu-ray parts of the PS3

smecenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 smecenter
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

yes, The general noise of the PS3 bothers me enough while watching films that it made me buy a Blu-ray player too. thant great !

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Keep the Blu-Ray player to play movies so you don't wear out your PS3 as fast.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Keep it in the (unlikely) event your PS3 has issues.