Should I get Resistance 1 or just wait for 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Garygok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 Garygok
Member since 2007 • 967 Posts

Just curious if you guys think that playing through resistance 1 is worth the cash to buy it with the sequel not far away. About how long does it take to play through on normal difficulty? Thanks!

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Use the stickied recommendations thread. Individual recommendations threads are not allowed.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Yes as it's a story driven franchise. my first play through took between 12-14 hours.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I think you should, it's part of the Platinum range so it should be fairly cheap. It's surprisingly long, it took me about 15 hours to finish the campaign, maybe more. It's about 6 weeks until the sequel arrives so that gives you plenty of time to finish it.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
Resistance has an interesting storyline and buying R2 without experiencing the first one isn't recommended. I'd suggest you buy Resistance: Fall of Man immediately and play the storymode.
Garygok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Garygok
Member since 2007 • 967 Posts
Right on, thanks guys that's all the convincing I need. Jumping into a sequel without exp[eriencing the original when a compelling storyline is involved is against my policy :)
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
I'd recommend it, mostly so you appreciate the many improvements they're making to R2. I have a feeling that R2 should be pretty accessible to newcomers, but it's never a bad idea to experience the story of the first game before playing the sequel.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

ha ha i have 2 r's in my name tc. j/k

well r2 is the first fps ever that im buying. so im in the boat as you are. did not play the first but 2 looks so awesome to me.

mirko_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mirko_j
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts
I'm glad the answer is yes. I just bought is yesterday for $24 :) and I was worried I that perhaps I should have saved that money for R2.
MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

yes!!! Buy Resitance 1..I beat on single & split screen.

Rigour_Mortise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rigour_Mortise
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts

Just curious if you guys think that playing through resistance 1 is worth the cash to buy it with the sequel not far away. About how long does it take to play through on normal difficulty? Thanks!Garygok

Yeah Im play through thae first one right now. Itll only be very cheap nowadays

lesner87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 lesner87
Member since 2004 • 2441 Posts
Resistance 1 was just too repetitive for me.The story didnt even have any special secrets in it.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

wait for 2. Insomniac says it themselves, you can pretty much jump into 2.

Nothing really happened in Resistance 1, and I'm sure any necessities to that story will be explained in 1.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

Nothing really happened in Resistance 1, and I'm sure any necessities to that story will be explained in 2.

leadernator

FIXED.

Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
[QUOTE="leadernator"]

Nothing really happened in Resistance 1, and I'm sure any necessities to that story will be explained in 2.

AgentH

FIXED.

well except for SPOILER hale gettin infected, beatin tht big guy and hale getting traped and not knowin he is alive??
ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts
Get R1, it's cheap and u must play it so that u understand the story. R2 continues where R1 ends.
lesner87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 lesner87
Member since 2004 • 2441 Posts

Hey guys can anyone PM me Resistance 1 ending ?

I have reached the bridge part which is very close to the end(probably) and cant play anymore ! Am just too tierd and my friend took it away.And wont be playing it anymore.Please pm me the ending :).

adamduffield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 adamduffield
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I would mate because it is part of the platnum range and also a very good game! Plus you would be better off playing resistance 1 in order to know the beginning of the story before you play resistance 2!
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Buy the first-RFoM, it's only $29. great game but it wasn't the best IMO.... RFoM2 will be the kicks the way it looks. I foresee.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

I'm playing it now and I've got to say I'm loving it. The first maybe 4 chapters I guess seemed to drag along a little but hang in there. But after that the enviroments changed, the pace of the game changed, the weapons changed :), the enemies changed up, started meeting some bosses. I think the gameplay is awesome actually, and the pace now at this point of the game is just crazy. Some very difficult sections but once you figure out the right tool (weapon) for the job, its allllll gooood :)

I'm at the point where, whatever it is basically swims through the walls, while boring out a tunnel that I have got to go through :) The atmosphere gets intense, some heavy action and some very cool enemies you come across. I feel its got some of doom3 in it, some Quake4 in it, some of HL2 in it, and some of cod in it, all rolled into one cool game.

The graphics don't stand out, but sometimes they surprise you at the same time especially with the enviroment, such as trees and brush and the draw distances in the game. Over all I'm impressed knowing that the graphics are what they are for a launch game and especially with the length of the game.

Each time I sit down with it I appreciate the game even more, and can't get up from it :) And can't wait for R2 :)

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

I forgot how fun this game was until my buddy and I sat down last Saturday and played through the entire split screen campaign. We started at 12pm and didn't finish till 2am. I'd definitely recommend it for the story and for the fun.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Buy Resistance one first, that way you only spend 30$ to realize you wouldn't pay money for the second.