Should I get a PSP Go or wait for the PSP2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
I was gonna get a PSP Go but then I heard that the PSP2 will be announced at E3 this year. Is that true? I also heard it might be released this fall?
BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BonsaiMet
Member since 2010 • 542 Posts
Not again! It's rumours. That is all. Do people really think Sony would announce a PSP2 during the best year the PSP has had? Come on people wake up. Get a 3000 model, not the Go. It's cheaper and so are the games.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

If you can wait you should probably wait. I couldn't wait and instead got the Go. We have no information on what a supposed PSP2 would have so just wait.

BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BonsaiMet
Exactly, we have no info on the Go. If it was to be announced in a few weeks or months don't you think info would have came out already? Most new products get revealed before their launch simply by patents put through by the company.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts
Exactly, we have no info on the Go. If it was to be announced in a few weeks or months don't you think info would have came out already? Most new products get revealed before their launch simply by patents put through by the company. BonsaiMet
your signature pictures are annoying me!!! xD
pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
I'd wait til E3 if I were you.
BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BonsaiMet
[QUOTE="BonsaiMet"]Exactly, we have no info on the Go. If it was to be announced in a few weeks or months don't you think info would have came out already? Most new products get revealed before their launch simply by patents put through by the company. rubedisky
your signature pictures are annoying me!!! xD

Well I love them so they stay. :D
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#8 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I'm really sick and tired of the same thread over and over again. What PSP should I get? This PSP or that PSP? Wait for PSP2? I think I'll stay away from the PSP board for a while..
njdevilsfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 njdevilsfan85
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I'm really sick and tired of the same thread over and over again. What PSP should I get? This PSP or that PSP? Wait for PSP2? I think I'll stay away from the PSP board for a while..

+1
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I hardly believe PSP 2 (if that would be the name) will be announced anytime soon. If there are games you wish to enjoy now then purchase the PSP for them.

With that kind of thinking : "What if..." you won't end up with any electronics because you're afraid another one will be out.. The fact is, technology moves forward - so enjoy what it has to offer here and now and don't dwell to much into unknown future. ;)

Pixelatorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pixelatorian
Member since 2010 • 181 Posts

Don't wait for PSP2,

No release date is annouced that PSP2 is coming.

Pixelatorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pixelatorian
Member since 2010 • 181 Posts

I'm really sick and tired of the same thread over and over again. What PSP should I get? This PSP or that PSP? Wait for PSP2? I think I'll stay away from the PSP board for a while..Daavpuke

Yeah! Why do they always ask/talk about PSP2, they are not coming...

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I'm really sick and tired of the same thread over and over again. What PSP should I get? This PSP or that PSP? Wait for PSP2? I think I'll stay away from the PSP board for a while..njdevilsfan85
+1

Me three

..and it's worse than the PSP GO VS. 3000 threads...

Edit: Oh, and to contribute to the thread, I think you should wait cause Sony is sure to announce something at E3

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Get a 3000. Go=NO. Period. It's cheaper, better than the go, and at least when you buy a game (that costed $40 for the psp) you won't have to worry about it saying data corrupted. With the UMD's you can try and find a cheaper price for the games. With the go you can't do that.
mralspsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mralspsp
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

The UMD is a format on life support. Since I bought a Go in November, I have gone almost all digital now. Have only 29 UMD games left and can't wait for the day they are totally out of my house.

Digital is the way to go, look how the iPhone/iTouch is doing.

BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BonsaiMet

The UMD is a format on life support. Since I bought a Go in November, I have gone almost all digital now. Have only 29 UMD games left and can't wait for the day they are totally out of my house.

mralspsp

Your point is mute when the fact is that the Go has been a huge flop. If UMD is so crap why do you have 29 games on the format? Oh that's right because they are STILL cheaper. And you have a much larger choice of games. e.g. Fifa 10 on the PS Srore was £30 the last time I looked. I got it on UMD for half that! Hardly on life support is it?

cansukru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cansukru
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
wait for the PSP2
mralspsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mralspsp
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

[QUOTE="mralspsp"]

BonsaiMet

Your point is mute when the fact is that the Go has been a huge flop. If UMD is so crap why do you have 29 games on the format? Oh that's right because they are STILL cheaper. And you have a much larger choice of games. e.g. Fifa 10 on the PS Srore was £30 the last time I looked. I got it on UMD for half that! Hardly on life support is it?

The reason why I have those 29 UMD games is that they are not on the PSN. As soon as they are, they are history with me. :) Last time I checked, some UMD games are still expensive. Especially new releases. No thanks, I am looking at the future and to me that digital. :)

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Well if its your first psp i would get a psp 3000 or 2000 and just get a really large memory stick. They say that the psp2 will not have physical disks so if you get games off the psn they should work with the psp2 and you can also play games from the back catalog that arent on the psn.
However if you have a psp1000-3000 then i would advise to getting a GO. I love my go and use it every day.

SO in recap get a different model if its your first psp, if it isnt then i suggest the GO.

SerenityBeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 SerenityBeee
Member since 2010 • 103 Posts
I'd get the 3000 but if you don't mine only downloading games I'd go for the GO.
Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
Well since there won't be a PSP2 for a while, I'd go for the PSP Go.meconate
Ok Im gonna get the psp go. thanks. btw, off topic, what is your sig from?
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I'd rather get a prostate exam every day for a month before I'd put money into a Go. In fact, I'd lick the examiner's finger clean AFTER said exam, rather than put a cent into purchasing a Go.

Get the picture?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#24 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

get a psp 3000 ,

why get a go when you can do the same things and more with a cheaper psp

---or wait