should i get a psp go or a 3000

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kimpachi14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kimpachi14
Member since 2008 • 299 Posts

ok so i have bean meaning to get into the psp and i wached e3 and i dont know what to pick the psp go will have lots of cool features and a new look to it pluse all downloadable content but that is this fall and if i get that i cant play any of the games that have come out but if i go with the 3000 i can still play the games but i might miss out on some new features so what should i get and also please recamend some games i havernt heard much about any good psp games so please inform me thanks for all your help

E3Abe09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 E3Abe09
Member since 2009 • 129 Posts
PSP Go for sure and check out one of my blogs on the PSP Go
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18811 Posts
I just bought a PSP 2000 today(This time a used silver one) for $154, aswell as a 4 GB for $19.99 . Already have a 2GB somewhere in my old broken slim PSP
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Im in the same boat as you, i like the designe of the PSP Go! more but the PSP 3000 is much cheaper, plus with the 3000 you get all the shop downloads that the PSP Go! is getting and you don't have to worry about one of the games you really want to play been missed from the PSN store because you can get it as a UMD, but you have to buy more memory sticks for your Downloads and Saves, in the long run im thinking toward the 3000, if for nothing else you can still get a game if it dosn't come out as a download, the games im getting a PSP for are Monster Hunter Freedom Unit, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Final Fantasy VII (PSN Store), Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter and Star Wars: Battlefront, and im sure there are more great games on the PSP, could someone confirme for me if Breath of Fire 3 and 4 are on PSP, i have heard they are.
sagax03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#5 sagax03
Member since 2008 • 230 Posts
dude dont get the GO its like the DSI its going to be a dissapointing new handheld im sticking with my 2000 , as my 3000 broke and i bought a 2000 with my warrinty.
Avatar image for Kid_Notorious07
Kid_Notorious07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kid_Notorious07
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

im opting for the mystic silver psp 3000 that comes with dissidia already preordered from gamestop

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

ok so i have bean meaning to get into the psp and i wached e3 and i dont know what to pick the psp go will have lots of cool features and a new look to it pluse all downloadable content but that is this fall and if i get that i cant play any of the games that have come out but if i go with the 3000 i can still play the games but i might miss out on some new features so what should i get and also please recamend some games i havernt heard much about any good psp games so please inform me thanks for all your help

kimpachi14

I think it's **** how much sony is charging for psp go. But unfortunately they know people like me will be there day 1 picking it up. You should get one dude. I'm getting one and therefore you have a chance at being as cool as me.

1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

I have a question of my own (sorry tc) would I be able to play Dissida on the PSP GO? I don't have a PSP anything and plan to buy the 3000 just for this game. However I rather have the newest PSP witch would be the GO. Can anybody give me some advice. Thanks.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
3000. There are alot of games available in UMD.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Get a used PSP try it out. if you really like it then get the PSP go! Which will succeed or fail quickly. If Sony makes the PSN/PSstore downloadable PSP games available at a fast pace. Or will they be slow out of the gate at launch?

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

3000. More bang for less buck.

Going DL only is going to limit the games you can play.

FeelTheGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FeelTheGary
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
If you were the type of person who: Wants Something NEW: Psp Go - Lots of New Features such as Downloading Games, New Design, No more need for UMDs, built in memory (16GB), etc. Wants To Play Now: PSP 3000. It's out now, and you can still download games or Buy UMDS. Wants To Save Money: PSP 3000. Once the PSP GO is out, i can guarantee you it will burn a hole through your pocket. It will be EXPENSIVE. You'll sure save money by buying the PSP GO. Can Wait and wants to save money: PSP GO. Because once time passes by, Prices Will Drop. Likes UMDs: Psp 3000. Likes Downloadable Content Only: Psp GO ______________________________________________ I'd get a psp go. I always like the new things if lots of changes were made. And I like the Design of the PSP Go. And plus, I already have a psp 2000 so it doesn't really make a difference with the 3000.
ChesterTheWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 ChesterTheWorm
Member since 2007 • 175 Posts

Dont bother with the PSP Go unless you Already have a PSP and want the Go with it

cuz the go has an almost half an inch less screen and it takes Micro M2 cards that are non compatible with it probly even with an adapter for it atleast the games & nobody knows if this thing even has interchangable batteries which is another downside

not to mention you can download games to the PSP-3000 you can do everything that the go can do and have more screen & how fast is the wi-fi on that PSP-go nobody knows if its fast i'll buy it

squimpleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 squimpleton
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I would say get a PSP 2000 or 3000, and then buy a 8GB memory stick. Buy the stick online, way cheaper that way. That way you can play both UMD's and downloadable games. I know some people say that if you get the old PSP's and want downloadable content you'll need to carry around a lot of memory sticks, but that's just not true. An 8GB (roughly 30-40 bucks online) stick can hold 8-16 games. Unless you feel like dragging your entire collection with you, it's more than enough. And whatever games you're not bringing with you, just leave them on your computer. That's what I do. Download it to my PSP, then transfer it to my PC library. And with media Go, it's very easy. And if your computer is getting too full, just delete the games you like the least. It's not like you're losing money since you're allowed to redownload your purchases. The only true benefit of the PSP Go is if you want to drag around a lot of media. But that's only if you absolutely need to have hundreds of songs, and a handful of movies, while having a few games at all times.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

You care about having PSP game covers and UMDs or not? if you do, the 3000. If you don't care and just want very portable games, the Go!

aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts
If you like games on your memory stick and you can download/buy from PSN go....go. If not get 3000.
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
PSPgo if.... - new design with a beautiful flip screen - totally digital to where everything is saved on the hdd - Very portable and easly fits in your pocket - hate UMDs and dont like caring them around - Built in Bluetooth for excellent quality headset - White PSP :) PSP 3000 if.... - Original and lighter design - digital and hard copy - decent portablity to hold onto whereever you go - Like to have UMDs and hard copies of games and movies - Pink Hanna Montana :)
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#20 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Im in the same boat, im goin with a PSP Go! Tho.

timex987987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 timex987987
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
im going with the psp go because i don't have a psp already. the umd problem wont be an issue since i don't have any. i like the way it slides and i have a fast internet too. smaller screen and same resolution as the psp x000 series means crisper graphics. the in-game pause using the PS button seems very handy during games that don't have many save points and the use of an M2 is pretty cool since that it could store more. up to 16gb!
eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eejus
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

im going with the psp go because i don't have a psp already. the umd problem wont be an issue since i don't have any. i like the way it slides and i have a fast internet too. smaller screen and same resolution as the psp x000 series means crisper graphics. the in-game pause using the PS button seems very handy during games that don't have many save points and the use of an M2 is pretty cool since that it could store more. up to 16gb!timex987987

Wow, you brought this thread back, but I guess its better than starting a new one. I think you made a good choice for your position plus if you get enough money, get a bluetooth headset, wireless, yeah, smooth...... Also, if you go as far as me and get component cables and PS3 controller then you can use the Go as a console if you aren't out and about, it's so awesome.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#23 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

A 3000.