Should I get a PS3? (Reasons why I would included)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ated505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ated505
Member since 2007 • 878 Posts

I have a Wii (which is boken atm) and a 360. I have a chance to get a 250gb Ps3 at a very cheap price from a friend. But seeing as how most games are on both consoles make me wonder if its the best idea. The PS3 exclusives might be the only things I get if I get the PS3. Games like Heavenly Sword, Infamous, Uncharted, Demon Souls, and alot of others have caught my eye over the years. Bottom line......

Would a PS3 be worth it just for the numerous exclusives?

fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

Look at the reviews of the games you want, or ask your friend if its worth it...if I had to choose, I would probably fix the wii. Because 360 and PS3 are somewhat alike, but wii is diffrent, But, its not my choice. How much is he selling it for?

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Well, here's the thing - you will need a PS3 to play epic games such as Uncharted / Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, Demons Souls, MGS4 and God of War III... to name a few... the answer to your query should be obvious by now...
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Umm if your getting such a great deal on it why wouldn't you pick one up??? Whats the reasoning on why he wants to get ride of it anyways???

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
if you have the extra money why not? or if you dont like just sell it for a profit...
Elemayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elemayo
Member since 2007 • 879 Posts
Seriously, you can't go wrong. It's well worth it, and I'm trying not to be biased. It does a lot more than play games, too.
Avatar image for forzafootball77
forzafootball77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 forzafootball77
Member since 2008 • 499 Posts

Yes,it is worth it

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Just get it... no need to tell the reasons... you'll realize it by yourself why we convinced you to do so.... trust us.

dizzyd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dizzyd_basic
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts

well if your a gamer then get it forget all that stupid fanboy ish you can then play ps3 exclusives why miss out on any great games

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

Reasons to get a 250 gig PS3.

• Great exlusives
  • Free online
  • Lots of HDD space for movies, music, pictures etc, etc
  • Blu-ray
  • Bluetooth compatible
  • Reliability
  • Web browser

The great exclusives the PS3 has to offer

• Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Uncharted Drakes fortune
  • Uncharted 2
  • Resistance Fall of man
  • Resistance 2
  • Killzone 2
  • Little Big planet
  • Infamous
  • Warhawk
  • Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction
  • Ratchet and Clank A crack in time
  • MAG
  • God of war of war collection
  • God of war 3
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Demon Souls
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Motorstorm
  • Motorstorm 2 PR

So yeah the PS3 is worth it big time.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Yeah it is. The exclusives are what I mainly buy. Plus online play is free on the PS3 and you will have a HD movie player with built in wifi. The PS3 is a great console and if you can get it cheap (and still in warranty) then go for it. Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, MGS4, GOWIII alone make it worth it. inFAMOUS was awesome as is Killzone 2 and MAG.
lukejamesk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lukejamesk
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Honestly.I only chose my 360 over ps3 to begin with because it was cheaper, but when I purchased a new TV i got my ps3 for free.I always liked my xbox 360 more(don't shoot me yet), then I thought to myself, all these games I like are multi platform. Why did I like my 360 more? Well I don't know, I told myself I loved the exclusives(the only 2 exclusives I actually really enjoy are forza 3 and mass effect, which is also on pc). I own more exclusives on my ps3 than I do on my 360 and I've had for like 1/4 the amount of time.

This is coming from someone who is unbias on 360 or ps3, I love them both for various reasons. Here are my reasons.

PS3
-IMO better exclusives, and of a much higher quality. This is only my opinion. Look at MGS4, UC2, Killzone 2 ect. These are very high productions and barely anything on the 360 scratches these.
-Free online play
-Bluray player(if you already have one than this point is moot)
-hardly anyone has a mic, this can be annoying on team based games.

XBox 360
-A lot of cross platform games run better, but this also is the opposite for certain games.
-while you pay for gold membership, xbox live in general is a better service. It has many features that you will miss if you move to PSN. Just general stuff like getting to messages fast, seeing info on the trophy you just unlocked. It's just a lot easier and faster on xbox live.
-IMO better control, but this is completely preference so don't shoot me.
-xbox comes with a free headset so most people have a headset and can communicate(this can be a negative also).

Overall I find myself playing my ps3 more these days. I'm finding myself even buying my cross platform games on my ps3. If you enjoy playing games(obviously) and you have the money to get a ps3, I say go for it.

note: I didn't mention anything about the wii because I consider it a completely different platform that doesn't have the same purpose of a 360 or ps3.

ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
You said Heavenly Sword. Hehehe. If you find that interesting still, then by ALL means mate, get one.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

First of all, there is no need of convincing. It's the PS3. A game console. You want to play games? You buy it, play it. But if you want the details, here goes... In no particular order:

1. Amazing game console.

2. It's a Blu-ray player.

3. Web browser.

4. Other features include animated/dynamic wallpaper, save your photos, videos, even music on there. It's like a mini computer.

5. Exclusives, exclusives, exclusives - THE GAMES. You miss out on the PS3, you're missing out on what I think is about 60-65% of this generation's greatest videogames.

6. That's a big time loss if you don't buy a PS3.

7. Free online.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
You said Heavenly Sword. Hehehe. If you find that interesting still, then by ALL means mate, get one.ProjectTrinity
Heavenly Sword is an amazing game period.
ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
[QUOTE="ProjectTrinity"]You said Heavenly Sword. Hehehe. If you find that interesting still, then by ALL means mate, get one.GrandJury
Heavenly Sword is an amazing game period.

It 'tis a good game, though in comparison to Sony's other exclusives, it's a pretty humble one.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

As someone who has all 3, I have to say it comes down to whether the PS3 exxlusives really interest you and whether you have a blu ray player already or not.

The only exclusive I have really gotten into on the PS3 is heavy rain (and maybe Little Big Planet a bit). As far as I can tell there's nothing really all that innovative, different, or exciting about most of the exclusives... a lot of them seem to just be more hack and slash action games with a different character. But, to be fair I haven't given a lot of them a chance because they don't appear to interest me. Right now everyone is s******g bricks over GOW 3... I never found the games to be all that interesting and probably won't get it (another hack and slash action game... woo). I was also never a huge Metal Gear fan... but lots of people love it and maybe you do too.

I have Uncharted 2, and it seems decent (haven't played it much), but again.. not all that unique or ahead of the curve. Heavy Rain on the other hand is spectacular, and you won't find anything like it on the 360. Same thing with Little Big Planet.

If you think the PS3 exclusives look like they'd appeal to you, then by all means get it. To me it's sort of a movie player with the added bonus of playing games sometimes that I can't play on the Xbox.

Finally, let me be clear and say the PS3 IS absolutely a great system. I'm glad I bought it... but I don't feel it's a must-have if you already have a 360 and a Blu Ray player (or don't have an HDTV).

ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

ated505

Definitely. God of War III, God of War Collection, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2, inFamous, Little Big Planet, etc... Believe me, it's definitely worth it...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#19 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

ated505

YES...that's why I have a 360! My PS3 is my main media hub and gaming console "BUT" I have the 360 for certain exclusives.:)

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

i am buying a new slim PS3 shortly to get access to more co-op shooter games. my lady and i love to play games together, and we ahve played to death GoW and halo on 360, as well as resident evil 5 so looking forward to stuff like resistance 1 and 2.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#21 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

PS3 is totally brilliant, especially when compared to the wii, if I was you I'd get it