Should i get a Playstation 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Singpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Singpow
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts

So, I have a Wii, and for the most part, i really like it. Great inovative control, fun games, great experenice etc, but i'm looking for a system with more mature games. (Assasins Creed, COD4, Resistance, Uncharted, any other people can recomend) So i was wondering if its really worth dropping 400 dollars on it right now. Considering i'm 15 making 80 a month, thats a ton of money for me. I was thinking about the 360 but theres just something about the PS3 that i'm more drawn to. So i need to know what it has over the 360 in terms of online, reliability (how often it breaks and that stuff) games, how many people play it. If someone could answere all these that would be fantastic. And of course any more info you wanna give me is appreciated. And i have no idea what a sticky forum is and the search bar never works for me so if you could just answer my question instead of telling me to go there that would be great

Thanks

nareik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nareik
Member since 2004 • 391 Posts
Playstation 3's Rarely break, if you want to get a 360...it will probally get the red ring of death soon enough. PSN is FREE unlike xbox live, which is a ncie plus, also we will be getting home soon. I love my ps3, and dont regret getting it at all. All those games u mentioned were good choices, also MGS4 Final fantasy, GTA4, and Haze...Are just a few more to look forward too. As in the money, its up too you, If you cant afford it dont get it now BUT get it later, ps3 is worth every penny
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26125353
HoodCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HoodCheese
Member since 2007 • 553 Posts
I got a PS3,and im loving it. The only problem is im so paranoid that its going to break if i leave the back switch on. But some people told me to turn it off when im done,but some people told me not to switch it, so i dont know what to do...
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

You may not want to be told where to go for your information but that what I'm going to do anyway. What I'm linking you to will answer most questions anyone has regarding "should I buy a PS3".

link

Singpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Singpow
it says it has built in wi-fi, but does that mean that i can be in my room with no extra cables and just connect to my router? like the wii, ds and psp?
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

I got a PS3,and im loving it. The only problem is im so paranoid that its going to break if i leave the back switch on. But some people told me to turn it off when im done,but some people told me not to switch it, so i dont know what to do...HoodCheese

Don't bother flipping it off; it's not going to get damaged or some weird stuff like that if you're wondering.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts

[QUOTE="Singpow"]it says it has built in wi-fi, but does that mean that i can be in my room with no extra cables and just connect to my router? like the wii, ds and psp?2deluxe
That's right. With the Crapbox Three*****y, you have to spend 100 bucks on a new wifi adapter. Leave it to M$$$ to charge you more on crap that should be free or built in. Stupid OS maker makes crappy consoles.

Calm down buddy.

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
yeah... u should... i love my 40 GB... at first spider man 3 sucks but when u watch it more than once u reallyt appreciate it... i was sitin there watchin it last night and im thinkin to myself this is the greatest movie ive ever seen lol
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

[QUOTE="2deluxe"][QUOTE="Singpow"]it says it has built in wi-fi, but does that mean that i can be in my room with no extra cables and just connect to my router? like the wii, ds and psp?aznfool07

That's right. With the Crapbox Three*****y, you have to spend 100 bucks on a new wifi adapter. Leave it to M$$$ to charge you more on crap that should be free or built in. Stupid OS maker makes crappy consoles.

Calm down buddy.

Seriously. There's no need to bring system wars into this topic.

To the TC, yes, that's what it means. The PS3 has built-in WiFi which means you don't need an ethernet cable running from your PS3 to your modem/router to get online with it.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Wii was my only system since launch and I recently got a 40gb PS3. I love it, run, run now and buy one! Also you can use your wii as a charging station for sixaxis controlers FYI.
ryank285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ryank285
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

yeah... u should... i love my 40 GB... at first spider man 3 sucks but when u watch it more than once u reallyt appreciate it... i was sitin there watchin it last night and im thinkin to myself this is the greatest movie ive ever seen lolurio1

You have bad taste in movies.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
Get a PS3 ASAP.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e89aee961d3
deactivated-57e89aee961d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 deactivated-57e89aee961d3
Member since 2005 • 83 Posts
With your wages, you need to decide how vital video games are to your life. If they are a major part of your life, then I'd recommend a PS3. It may be more expensive than a Xbox 360, but you get more bang for your buck - Bluray player, free online, wi-fi adaptor, etc. And you won't be disappointed by the graphics.
RandomTask221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 RandomTask221
Member since 2005 • 7795 Posts

I currently have a PS3 and Xbox 360, and I used to have a Wii before I sold it. Let me tell you, Playstation 3 is awesome man, its a great investment not only for excellent games, free online, and great features, but for blu-ray which is really where the value comes into play.

Singpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Singpow
Allright, well it'll still be a couple of months before i buy one. If my nazi parents will let me. lol. But if anything I will most likely get a PS3. Also do u think that there will b a price drop soon?
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darthmatt
Allright, well it'll still be a couple of months before i buy one. If my nazi parents will let me. lol. But if anything I will most likely get a PS3. Also do u think that there will b a price drop soon?Singpow
Just sell your parents on the Blu-ray feature. Oh mom/Dad we can watch HD movies. Get a pixar flick to show it off. Thats how I sold my GF on the idea of spending $400 on the thing. This is how it went "You bougt what? You should have bought a new washing machine?" :roll: The one we have now works perfect! "ugh" It plays movies in HD...." Oh thats cool". A week later see is all gungho about picking out a new HDTV. Score!
ryank285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ryank285

Allright, well it'll still be a couple of months before i buy one. If my nazi parents will let me. lol. But if anything I will most likely get a PS3. Also do u think that there will b a price drop soon?Singpow

Not till next holiday season at the earliest. PS3 is picking up steam in sales so they finally reached a price point consumers like.

ryank285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ryank285

[QUOTE="Singpow"]Allright, well it'll still be a couple of months before i buy one. If my nazi parents will let me. lol. But if anything I will most likely get a PS3. Also do u think that there will b a price drop soon?Darthmatt
Just sell your parents on the Blu-ray feature. Oh mom/Dad we can watch HD movies. Get a pixar flick to show it off. Thats how I sold my GF on the idea of spending $400 on the thing. This is how it went "You bougt what? You should have bought a new washing machine?" :roll: The one we have now works perfect! "ugh" It plays movies in HD...." Oh thats cool". A week later see is all gungho about picking out a new HDTV. Score!

you are p***y whipped.

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

Wii was my only system since launch and I recently got a 40gb PS3. I love it, run, run now and buy one! Also you can use your wii as a charging station for sixaxis controlers FYI. Darthmatt

One perk of being a PSwii owner :)

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darthmatt

[QUOTE="Darthmatt"][QUOTE="Singpow"]Allright, well it'll still be a couple of months before i buy one. If my nazi parents will let me. lol. But if anything I will most likely get a PS3. Also do u think that there will b a price drop soon?ryank285

you are p***y whipped.

No, if that were the case I'd still be playing my wii on an SDTV with a new washer in the basement. :P
adnan_cucak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 adnan_cucak
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts
To answer the rates of Faliure which someone said about the PS3 comapred to the 360 it was

33% chance of failure with the 360
and
0.02% chance with the PS3 with none recorded
sphinx-shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 sphinx-shadow
Member since 2003 • 1587 Posts
try to get your PS3 by the time metal gear solid 4 comes out if you can that is going to be what makes the PS3 a system you must buy for any one who plays video games with a passion.
Avatar image for jrpieper17comet
jrpieper17comet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jrpieper17comet
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts

xbox live is a better all around service but the system itself is unreliable and you need to drop 60 bucks on a warranty so you dont need to deal with ms customer service. psn isnt as fluid and doesnt have all the features that live does but when you are actually playing they are pretty much the same. the 360 has better games at this point but the ps3 is getting some really good ones now. the psn store is a lot better than the live marketplace because it is a lot smoother and works a lot better. psn is free but live is only $4 a month so it isnt that expensive. if you plan on hooking up to the internet wirelessly the 360 requires you buy an adapter while the ps3 has it built in. the ps3 also has blu ray which is sick if you have a nice tv.

i do own both so i am impartial and i would say that you cant go wrong with either it just depends on what system appeals to you more because they are both very good systems.

ksire_68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ksire_68
Member since 2007 • 1211 Posts

To answer the rates of Faliure which someone said about the PS3 comapred to the 360 it was

and
adnan_cucak

Well, that's some pretty good news, but now I regret paying extra for the extended warranty. :(

lastemp11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lastemp11
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
i own all three and i have played and beaten pretty much every high calliber game on each system and i would have to say the only system that i would have to have no matter what is the 360 it easily has the most amount of high calliber games and although you have to pay for xbox live it is a lot better than playstation network. they are all really cool but the 360 seriously has one of the most amazing libraries of games and it already compares with the library the ps2 had as far as great games go so i would recomend getting a 360 and as far as reliability goes i have never had any problems just dont wrap the 360 in a blanket and it wont overheat.
Roman_Irishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Roman_Irishman
Member since 2007 • 29493 Posts
You know what kind of answers you are going to get on this board right? But the obvious one is the right one, YES!!
ryank285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ryank285

[QUOTE="adnan_cucak"]To answer the rates of Faliure which someone said about the PS3 comapred to the 360 it was

and
ksire_68

Well, that's some pretty good news, but now I regret paying extra for the extended warranty. :(

i own all three and i have played and beaten pretty much every high calliber game on each system and i would have to say the only system that i would have to have no matter what is the 360 it easily has the most amount of high calliber games and although you have to pay for xbox live it is a lot better than playstation network. they are all really cool but the 360 seriously has one of the most amazing libraries of games and it already compares with the library the ps2 had as far as great games go so i would recomend getting a 360 and as far as reliability goes i have never had any problems just dont wrap the 360 in a blanket and it wont overheat.lastemp11

I believe you are on the wrong forum.

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts

i own all three and i have played and beaten pretty much every high calliber game on each system and i would have to say the only system that i would have to have no matter what is the 360 it easily has the most amount of high calliber games and although you have to pay for xbox live it is a lot better than playstation network. they are all really cool but the 360 seriously has one of the most amazing libraries of games and it already compares with the library the ps2 had as far as great games go so i would recomend getting a 360 and as far as reliability goes i have never had any problems just dont wrap the 360 in a blanket and it wont overheat.lastemp11

he ask if he should get a PS3 not a 360

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="adnan_cucak"]To answer the rates of Faliure which someone said about the PS3 comapred to the 360 it was

and
ksire_68

Yeah I bought an extended warranty at Circuit City, but hey better to be safe than sorry right?

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts

[QUOTE="urio1"]yeah... u should... i love my 40 GB... at first spider man 3 sucks but when u watch it more than once u reallyt appreciate it... i was sitin there watchin it last night and im thinkin to myself this is the greatest movie ive ever seen lolryank285

You have bad taste in movies.

nahh dude i really thought it was crap but if u watch it a couple times it really is a good movie lol

tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts

Well.. what else r u gonna buy at 15?

Its not like you have car payments or anything. Personally, I cant own more than 1 system. I'd sell the Wii and use it towards a ps3

swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts

Cocaine is one hell of a drug

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
I have all three of thenew systems and i do enjoy my ps3 but i have to say that i have more fun with my 360.Yea xboxlive comes with a 50 dollars a year fee but its really worth it.Not that the ps3s online isnt good its just that the 360s is so much better.Both systems have there pros and cons.What u should do is go to gamestop or eb and see which system has the games u want,or maybe see what your friends are interested in.To be honest with ya though your not gonna get the most honest opinions on the ps3 forums.More than likley almost everyone here will say run out and buy a ps3 right now.Look into this a little more before u drop that kindeve money on a console and make sure u get what u want .
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
They're the same price once you factor in Live, but PS3 has blu-ray ;) Of course not blowing up is a plus.
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
These sorts of threads almost invariably entail console comparisons--the sole province of System Wars. ;) You can discuss the consoles' relative merits there or simply refer to the sticky posted by rogerjack. Thanks!