Should I ditch my Ps Vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

They better support this damn tech wonder, though, because in all honesty, Nintendo manages to churn out tons of games with their piece of plastic. and seeing the Vita in all its beauty not shining in software is ridiculous.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aia89

Hey guys,

I recently bought a Ps Vita, played a couple of games I was interested in, but now I feel like there's nothing to play and nothing to come out on the horizon. why?

I'm afraid that Sony's E3 will all be about the PS4, where are the games for Ps Vita? An upcoming list, something? Such a great device not being supported is so sad. I'm mainly using it as a multimedia device now, as it's painful to see it collecting dusk. 

thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Personally I would say no,

You already invested money into it, why not actually keep it and see. Personally, I have a ton of games on mine because I went through the PSN store. Persona 4 was well worth it, and the cross buy is cool too as I also have PS all stars on it. But I also bought FF Tactics: war of the lions,FF1, FF2, FF3, FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, Xenogears and want to get Persona 1,2 and 3 portable. 

I personally love having a handheld with an actual quality screen on it for playing my favorite classics. Thats mainly why I didn't play War of the Lions on the PSP, all of them had crappy screens, whether is was horrible refresh rates of the 1000 and 2000's, or the scan lines of the 3000's. The vitas screen in georgous, with it's only draw back is the mura effect (which can only be seen in pure darkness on pure black screens).

This year I'm going to check out soul sacrifice, FFX and X-2 HD. Still need to get Disgaia and Uncharted too. Plus at E3 I'm sure sony will announce some new titles. I would also love the Tales of Vita games, but of course namco won't localize them.

Ultimately I will say at least hold on to it until after e3, and if then there is still nothing that interests you, and you aren't interested in getting the great classics on it, then maybe sell it on ebay or to a friend. 

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
It doesnt have many games, but there are a ton of PSP and PS1 titles for download. I have Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Legend of Dragoon, Patapon (it was free), and I also have MLB the Show 13, Marvel v Capcom, and I pre ordered Soul Sacrifice, the demo is pretty cool and Killzone comes out soon. But ultimately, it is up to you.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It doesn't get much love in the west, sadly.

Right now, PSP has better games at the moment. 

michel3105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 michel3105
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

Tons of games, you say...

Yes, if you love Mario (as your avatar choice seems to suggest), Luigi, Pokemon, Tomodachi and the odd turn-based dungeon crawler, then I admit the 3DS is the machine to go!

Just like the Vita is the machine to go if you want more "adult" games, like Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, Assassin Creed, as well as niche Japanese products like Monster Monpiece, Demon Gaze and Senran Kagura Shinobi Versus.

Now, I understand your doubts, because Vita's situation is very strange: this summer, in Japan, its software market is bound to explode again, with excellent and awaited games like Dragon Crown, Legend of Heroes, Valhalla Knights, Mind=0, Toukiden, the remake of Final Fantasy X, God Eater 2, etc...

But in the West? How many of these games are going to be translated, and when, and how well?... We can only guess... Killzone will be out in september for sure, and also Tearaway... Also Dragon Crown, if you love the genere... The rest is uncertain.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aia89

I like both Nintendo and Sony, but I'm also a tech lover, therefore I'm expecting more from Sony with the Vita.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I made a blog entry the other day where I highlighted the next batch of games I'm looking forward to getting for the Vita.  The first couple are games that are already out, but the rest of the list is some upcoming stuff.

There's some decent games coming out this year, and hopefully by year's end we will have some more new games to look forward to.  I guess it all depends on what kinds of games each individual person wants.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Where's the guy that's always listing every game, current and future, for Vita?  I love that list, it always has "Sony Bend new game" or whatever on it, as if a game no one knows about is something to be amped about yet.

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

As much as I love my Vita, It seems that some of the games that look appealing to me aren't being localized for western release. Real shame because I would love to play a Tales game on it among other titles.

Nickprovs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Nickprovs
Member since 2008 • 1199 Posts

I like both Nintendo and Sony, but I'm also a tech lover, therefore I'm expecting more from Sony with the Vita.

aia89

I got my PS Vita a month ago, but as I'm broke, haven't bought any games on it yet. Instead I've just been replaying all my old games I had previously bought on PSN years ago on my VITA and I'm having a good time with that.

I've already put around fifty hours into MHFU, and around twenty with MGS: PW. 

And as for the future of the VITA, many analysts suggest that SONY will give equal time to the VITA, or at least stress it as a key point of their hardware lineup. A lot of them say it will be very integral with PS4 if you own, and seeing as they didn't do much with the VITA at last E3, they're going to pull out all the stops this time around. I'd say wait until E3, and if you're still not impressed with anything, ditch it. But in the meantime, check out some of the PSP titles on offer or be more liberal with what types of games you'd be willing to purchase and try something new.

unreal223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unreal223
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

I've been thinking about this as well. I got the Assassins Creed bundle from Amazon on Black Friday. I paid $180ish(I think). Right now the trade back value is about $200. I'm thinking of selling it back and getting one of the new AMD graphics cards that include tomb raider and bioshock. 

There just aren't many games coming out right now I care about. 

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
unless you are planning on getting a PS4... then yeah, i would say go ahead. there are only about 2 high profile games coming in the next year... and it probably wont get any better next year. Sony seems to be reluctant to spend any money on acquiring devs to make games for the VITA.... but the VITA isnt going to attract more devs on their own until it sells more units. at this point, as much as i like my VITA as a piece of hardware, i wouldnt recomment it to anyone and i am completely disgusted at Sony for basically abandoning the device after it has only been out for a year. as a side note... there are a ton of interesting games coming to japan for the VITA, but most of the devs have already announced no plans for localization.... so again, the VITA is left holding the bag.
michel3105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 michel3105
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

Yeah, it looks like the Vita is living two distinct realities: a rather disappointing western one, with only two or three (potentially) big titles coming, and a very dynamic Japanese one.

Anyway, if you like colorful 2D action games, keep an eye on Aksys, which is going to release Muramasa: Rebirth in the west, and on Atlus for Dragon Crown.

Also, for nostalgic Kojima fans, Zone of the Enders HD should be out in late september, hopefully with less glitches than the PS3 version...

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

It doesn't get much love in the west, sadly.

Right now, PSP has better games at the moment. 

Gaming-Planet
I like vita's first year games way more than I did psp, so I don't agree with that.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Soul Sacrifice comes out soon. And these later throughout the year: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate (also on 3DS, not sure if there will be version differences other than trophies on Vita of course) Dragon's Crown (also on PS3 though) Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (also on PS3) Killzone Mercenary Muramasa Rebirth Tearaway Ys: Memories of Celceta That's enough for me for now, but hopefully some game announcements will come with E3. What games have you played on Vita OP? If you just bought a Vita recently did you really play all the good games already?
RollinKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RollinKaos
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts
I enjoy my Vita for the PS1/PSP games I get to replay. I like it much better than the PSP for comfort controls and screen. Wish there was some more games for it but I have a feeling that with the PS4 coming there are huge things on the horizon for the Vita. They arent many things coming this year but once PS4 jumps off they will incorporate it I bet much like the WII U .