Should i buy ps3 or wait for ps4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MichaelAk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MichaelAk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
i been pc gaming for 5 years now and just kinda don't have time for massive hours of playing. i have owned almost all consoles but the ps3 and was wondering if its worth getting a nice bundle like the one at bestbuy with uncharted 3 for 250 and then having 150 dollars for a couple of other games. or just waiting till the ps4 gets released?
freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#2 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

Just think like this, do you want to play PS3 games such as Tales of Xilia, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Tales of Grace, Yakuza, Disegea, Valkyrie Chronicles, and many PS3 exclusive games, or will you only play new games that the PS4 will have. If you feel like you are gonna play old games that the PS3 has then you should buy a PS3 and buy a PS4 later on. But if you MUST have the lates console and dont plan on playing any of the old games then get a PS4

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

If your getting any ps3 look no further than the GTAV bundle.

callsignalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 callsignalpha
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts
imo just get a ps4.Because most games (last of us , uncharted , resistance and other exclusives) will be ported to the ps4 , just like they ported ps2 games on ps3,Or you could try Gaiki.I mean you could use a friend or relatives ps3 and stream games from there . But you should move into the next gen .Leave the ps3 behind. Trust me . After a day or two of seeing people at gamespot reviewing awesome ps4 games , you will really regret buying a ps3 :)
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

Seeing as how the PS4 ISN'T backwards compatible :(... I'd say you should definitley get a PS3 if there's a particular game series you really want to try out :). I'd say just go ahead and buy it, since many of the major titles for the PS4 won't be released till later next year :D.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
tough choice but ps3 now its the right choice go for it with GTA V bundle
MichaelAk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MichaelAk
Yeah i want to play GTA5 uncharted series, last of us, tomb raider, many others so i guess its worth the buy.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

At the current price I think it's easily worth it to get a PS3 even just for the exclusives alone.  Depends on how excited you are for the new tech of the PS4 though.  Personally I'll wait until they've built up a nice library of games for it.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If you have interest in playing PS3 games, then heck yeah you should get one. I'm sure by the time you play the majority of the PS3 games you want, the PS4 will be more readily available and you might be ready for it.

ravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ravestar
Go for PS3 because there's games you can play. With the PS4, there's not alot of games, and it will take a couple of years to build up.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

you seem to have a good gaming pc, but ps3 has alot of great exclusives.  if u do get a ps3 dont get the super slim, they are cheap and very loud.  the regular slims are the best I had them all and can confirm this.  but i think you should send the $ on a ps4 and hope that ps3 games will be up for psn download.

kingoflife9

I'm not sure about "super slim" being loud, I have once for over half a year and you can barely hear it at all.

SLAMMIN23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 SLAMMIN23
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts

if u get the ps3 u can always get a ps4 later they might be hard to get when they come out if u go on best buy u can pre-order the 500gb ps3 bundle that comes with gta v and get it for $269.99 thats a great deal

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I would say PS4 but it's up to you. This is one of the reasons why I think backwards compatibility is very important. Had it been backwards compatible you wouldn't have had to pick between a PS3 and PS4. lol

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

i been pc gaming for 5 years now and just kinda don't have time for massive hours of playing. i have owned almost all consoles but the ps3 and was wondering if its worth getting a nice bundle like the one at bestbuy with uncharted 3 for 250 and then having 150 dollars for a couple of other games. or just waiting till the ps4 gets released?MichaelAk

I'd say get a PS3 because you'd be getting loads of AAA tittles for dirt cheap and the are some nice bundles available now....and you still have free access to MP!! If I didn't already own a PS3, I wouldn't even be thinking about the PS4 because I'm not really overwhelmed by the PS4 launch line-up.

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts

Wait for the PS4. All of the PS3 games will be available for download on PSN, so you'll have the best of both worlds.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Yeah i want to play GTA5 uncharted series, last of us, tomb raider, many others so i guess its worth the buy.MichaelAk
If you're truely a PC'er you'd either wait until they come to the PC (GTAV). Or just get them for the PC (Tomb Raider). Otherwise you'll just have to get a PS3 (Last of Us/Uncharted).

MichaelAk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MichaelAk

[QUOTE="MichaelAk"]Yeah i want to play GTA5 uncharted series, last of us, tomb raider, many others so i guess its worth the buy.Threesixtyci

If you're truely a PC'er you'd either wait until they come to the PC (GTAV). Or just get them for the PC (Tomb Raider). Otherwise you'll just have to get a PS3 (Last of Us/Uncharted).

I'm wanting to stop playing pc. not having any fun anymore only reason why i want to move.
Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

I would get a PS3 first unless you really care about graphics.

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#21 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Get the PS3 now and buy the PS4 when it's real cheap, down the road.
hieiknight313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hieiknight313
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

You should get a ps3 now and here are the reason why.

1. It has more selections of games. Why spending more money on the ps4 when there's not many good games out yet?

2. Although ps4 has better graphic but ps3 graphic is still very good.They are both are in HD.

3. I think it's too early to get ps4 because they will have bugs and stuff. Plus the games are very expensive.

4. PS4 probably will last at least 3-5 years, so i don't see the point of rushing to get the ps4. You should just get it later.