should i buy assasin's creed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts
i read mixed reviews about it, i'd rather buy it and see it for myself.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
no, rent it, play the first third of the game and youve seen everything there is to see. After that it just repeats its self over and over
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts
I have it on 360 and I imagine it is the same game... the game is amazing... it is very similar to hitman games... you observe your target and then strike... there are 4 cities and a giant countryside in between them all... the freerunning system in this game is amazing... you can climb on anything that looks like it can be climbed and the fights are tons of fun...
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
Yes, yes, and ummmm yes. Read my review for it!
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts

Well, depends on how much you're going to play it. You can get it now, or wait until it goes to greatest hits for a lower price.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

I liked the game, but I would never say go for it, seeing how many people whine about it being repetitive.

So, like someone else said, rent it first.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

well i live in the philippines and here there are no game rentals..:(. and no pirated games here yet, only wii and 360 has.

visionedorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 visionedorange
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
trust me, its boring crap after 5min, if necessary i'd highly advize u to rent it, trust me on this one man
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
There's no game like it on the market. There's so much adrenaline rush in each assassination that I personally recommend it.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
I think you'd do yourself a favor not listening to people and making an opinion yourself, with no outer interference.
grogsy1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 grogsy1993
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
its a fantastic game considering the size and population of each area. dunno, sum people like it, sum don't! the sword fights are fun and it does feel rewarding at the end of the game. the game comes to about 40 hours and it should keep you occupied.
io7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 io7
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts
yes, super game. get it. own it. love it ^_^!
Wildact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wildact
Member since 2008 • 378 Posts
horrible game its repititive i had the game thank god i returned it. just my opinion at first i thought it was amazing even though i heard bad things about it until i got to memory 4 and i couldnt be bothered pplaying it anymore. trust me on this one. if you dont believe me go buy it and ull find out ull be doing the same thing the previous mission
io7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 io7
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts

Ok, I argue against that. Name one game that does not have something that is repeating ^^.

They all do. It is not important, in my opinion, that the variety is endless but rather that I have fun.

Take Ratchet & Clank as an example. Yes, i smack around with my wrench till I get cool weapons. I shot, things go BOOM and I get screws and nuts for it. Next level, same thing. Next level, same thing.

So all that changes is the plot, surroundings and difficulty... and still the game rocks because it is entertaining.

AC is a good game that has its ups and downs ( like every other game out there ) and I still say that it should be played. The graphics are amazing and the game-play is your little world. Basically, an animated life on an HDtv.

ken2_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 ken2_basic
Member since 2003 • 97 Posts

Stop lying this game sucks it starts fun the graphics en all that crap but the missions keep repeating over en over again it doesnt give you the feeling 2 keep going 2 the end en play it anyway my suggestion is rent it first .

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
AC is a great game. Smooth controls, amazing graphics and a good story line that comes together nicely. I don't know you type of taste when it comes to games so I will say this: The missions do get repetitive but depending on your play skill you can assassinate the main targets with different moves and strategies. If there is any other game that you want or is coming out soon I would say you might want to hold out and just rent it. Other than that it is worth the $$.
Wildact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wildact
Member since 2008 • 378 Posts

Ok, I argue against that. Name one game that does not have something that is repeating ^^.

They all do. It is not important, in my opinion, that the variety is endless but rather that I have fun.

Take Ratchet & Clank as an example. Yes, i smack around with my wrench till I get cool weapons. I shot, things go BOOM and I get screws and nuts for it. Next level, same thing. Next level, same thing.

So all that changes is the plot, surroundings and difficulty... and still the game rocks because it is entertaining.

AC is a good game that has its ups and downs ( like every other game out there ) and I still say that it should be played. The graphics are amazing and the game-play is your little world. Basically, an animated life on an HDtv.

io7

dont get me wrong im just saying how did you guys like it when you were doing the same thing over and over.. to me thats really boring i defenatly think it does not deserve a 9 more like an 7.5 or 8.0 (like what many other gamereview sites gave it..eg gametrailers)

the graphics is good the story is really boring hardly anyone can understand whats going on.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i had it for 360 and think its amazing go for it
Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

It's a good game, most games are repetitive in some way, I think people thought that every single assassination would somehow be completely different. There is a lot ofvariation; you have three very different cities where you have multiple choices for how to gain intel and every assassination is different in someway.

Maybe not worth a 9 but I give it a 8.

MATSIMUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 MATSIMUS
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts

its a good game, and worth the price tag. it may get a bit repetitive but who cares you get to climb on a any surface its amazing. Check out my review of it for more.

psn mat1993thew

Lepuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Lepuke
Member since 2004 • 644 Posts

I bought it and wish I hadnt.

It looked way cooler while it was being hyped over a year.

tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tonyandsteff
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts

the answer is plain and simple

no

dont even rent it... it's absolutely overhyped and not ANYTHING at all that you would possibly expect... take what you think of the game, and how cool you think it will be, and how much fun it will be, and then divide that by 1/4, if that. A waste of time and money, any way you look at it so skip it over and get uncharted instead.

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts

no, rent it, play the first third of the game and youve seen everything there is to see. After that it just repeats its self over and overVendettaRed07

agreed, i made the mistake of buying this game, i ended up giving it to my mother and father-in law, after i finished it. read my review if you like,it is a very overrated game.