Tomasray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Tomasray
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I know PS4 is already launched but i don't have the money to buy a ps4. I never had a gaming console and i really want one. Plz suggest me whether i should buy a ps3? Will it be worth it? And for how long do u think new high level games be compatible with ps3?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

If you really want one then the logical answer is get one. It's really cheap for what your getting and you can pick up a nice bundle. SOOO many great games to catch up on.

I think the new high level games will be compatible at least until 2016.

ivangeorgiev25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ivangeorgiev25
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts
@marcheegsr said:

If you really want one then the logical answer is get one. It's really cheap for what your getting and you can pick up a nice bundle. SOOO many great games to catch up on.

Pretty much this. I bought a PS4 at launch and realized that I missed out on so many great PS3 games, so I ended up buying another one. Compared to all the games that are available for PS3 (and often dropping in price), the PS4 is nothing but a paperweight most times because there isn't much out for it at the moment.

I'd say get the PS3, you won't regret it.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

If you have the money, sure. Instead of buying a game with it though, buy a PS+ membership and you'll instantly get at least a half dozen "free" games right off the bat.

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

@jasean79:

Why the **** would you pay for PS+ when almost all the PS3 games are old and ridiculously low priced already? Not to mention, you actually get a physical copy when you buy in-store...

To answer the original question however, yes, it is definitely worth it to buy a PS3. You can snag a brand new one for $199 right now and most of the games are dirt cheap. Plus, you get free online, tons of media features, and one of the best controllers ever made. There's no better value in gaming right now. Get one while you still can.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jasean79

@mwright469:

You just love to troll, don't you?

The PS+ has a lot of benefits, I think. I own both the PS4 and Vita and have only bought a single game for the Vita so far, as well as a couple of launch titles for the PS4. Every other game I "own" is thru the PS+ membership. And bro, the games they offer thru this aren't all dirt cheap and surely would cost more money to buy physical copies than the price of the membership in the long run.

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

@jasean79:

Troll? No. Inform? Yes.

So what are the rest of these alleged benefits that PS+ gives you? You get online storage space that won't be available in a number of years, free outdated games, and discounts on other outdated ones? Without even getting a physical copy? Sigh....

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasean79

@mwright469:

You just said that he could get older (aka "outdated") games for cheap, yet you're knocking the fact that PS+ offers the same benefit?

All I'm saying is this - the PS+ membership, for about the cost of a new game, will automatically give you a half dozen free games to download across multiple systems. This is not to discourage him from buying physical copies if he wishes; he can do both. But the cost of the membership pays for itself over time, as long as you remain a member.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Hell yes! I'm buying one in a few days now that my local store has the 500GB console at a greatly reduced price, it doesn't make sense to replace my broken PS3 with a new PS4 as I can't play my PS3 games on it.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

They have game announcements for PS3 all the way up until 2015. I doubt that Sony is going to drop support in January of 2016. You will at least get support until fall of 2016 or possibly later. PS Plus is worth it. Some games they put up are old, but some are still relatively new like Puppeteer and PES 2014. Back in January, PS Plus had Bioshock Infinite and DMC. Those games came out a year ago. Puppeteer and PES just came out last September. 64 titles for $50 is a great deal.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Yes. They have many games yet to release on it, there are a lot of cheap games for it, the slim model is cheap. Why shouldn't you is the real question.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

This. Plus forget what at least one person has said, PSplus is worth it. especially if you buy digital content because they provide more discounts. As for buying digital if a hard copy is not that important they have great deals sometimes. I just got red Dead redemption and Max Payne 3 last weekend for $10 dollars. Try getting that kind of deal at a used game shop.

toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

I saw a ton of good PS3 game deals, so I would get one if you really want to experience gaming. PS4 can wait until next year when you have the money :)

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@mdk12345:

Well your lucky. most deals are either crappy games or some byzantine trade in two and get three for this type of scams. Besides you get a hard copy but its still used.

Arcturus-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Arcturus-Prime
Member since 2014 • 57 Posts

@187umKILLAH said:

Hell yes! I'm buying one in a few days now that my local store has the 500GB console at a greatly reduced price, it doesn't make sense to replace my broken PS3 with a new PS4 as I can't play my PS3 games on it.

Hey Killah, did you buy your new ps3? Early grats! I had the same exact problem (a broken ps3) I could have got a ps4 but i had too many unplayed games on my ps3.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

@arcturus-prime said:

@187umKILLAH said:

Hey Killah, did you buy your new ps3? Early grats! I had the same exact problem (a broken ps3) I could have got a ps4 but i had too many unplayed games on my ps3.

Yes thanks for asking and I'm loving it, just got to get a damn HDMI cord as it looks naff with the standard av cables. Got the latest 500GB one, man it's so light, quiet and small compared to the 80GB. For years I put up with running out of space on the HD and deleting stuff to make way for new stuff, so glad that problems over. Still haven't got it online yet as my new kitten keeps attacking every cord it sees lol.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It's a great time to get a PS3. So many awesome games.

The_X_Factor_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 The_X_Factor_9
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

PS3 is a great piece of hardware to have.

It is a fantastic gaming machine with tons of great, cheap games. It functions as a Blu-Ray player, Netflix Streaming, HBO Go, and You Tube machine. You can store all your music on it and use it as a jukebox. You can stream media from your computer onto it...It's a wonderful piece of hardware that has developed over time.

Eventually, my original 60 GB monster, is going to die. It'll be a very sad day for me, but I'll happily buy another PS3 because I have no intention of giving up my massive collection of games (most are digital thankfully). Even though I have moved on to PS4, my most anticipated title is coming in 2015, as a PS3 exclusive! (Persona 5)

I would say this is the last strong year for the PS3, as most studios will move onto PS4 projects exclusively. Next year should also see the last of the cross generational titles.

For $200-300 you can get a whole lot of entertainment on PS3.

I am of the school of thought that if you like to try out different types of games and enjoy having a digital collection, then PS+ is a great deal. I have had it since day one and have taken advantage of a lot of great sales to get games like GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption for like 5 bucks. You get games like Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, and Uncharted 3 from the IGC. It's $50 for the subscription, but add in like $50-100 to take advantage of sales and you can get yourself a huge collection fast.