Should i buy a PS3 and trading my 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

007GMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 007GMH
Member since 2007 • 295 Posts

I was thinking of trading my 360 and gettin a PS3 just want to know its pros n cons from someone thats got one ?? Hows the online compared to live and stuff like that

Rezuma-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rezuma-z
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think you better determine what to do first.
Marcbarr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Marcbarr1
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts

Don't, I made that mistake about 6 months ago and recently got an lite again. The PS3 on paper is an amazing machine but its online and games library is flawed. The 360 trounces the PS3 on every level with the 360 online so much better.

The decision is yours and if you do buy a PS3 I am sure you will think it is the best decision you have ever made but that feeling soon goes away once you realise the PS3 might be a great piece of hardware but games wise it really does suffer. I know people say the games are coming but they also said that at launch and it is now christmas. Try my gamertag/PSN Barso if you don't believe me. I have call of duty 4 on PS3 and 360 and you will always see me online on 360 version,faster,more players using voice,better framerate,less lag.

sarges24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 sarges24
Member since 2005 • 395 Posts

If possible I'd say keep the 360 and buy a PS3. When my PS3 fails to get me playing I can always find something on the 360 to go play, and vice versa. Both are excellent consoles and offer some great games and experiences.

My only gripe w/ the 360 is how they're ripping people off w/ these microtranactions. I don't like that one bit. Pay for a gamer pic? WTF!? On the flip to that the PS3 has quite a few Gamer Pics but very few are any good, and they lack 3rd party pics.

Pros: built in Wi-Fi [may or might need, might think you don't need but might come in handy, has for me], Blu Ray player if you have a 1080p television, Free Online Play, aren't getting milked w/ microtransactions for should be free material, some great games, and exclusives available and coming, easily upgradable hard drive...

Cons: Games are still rather limited in number since it's only been on the market for a year now, online can be a bit shoddy at times and with some games {no more than XBL from what I've personally noticed/experienced though}, developers still don't really know how to program games {but that's always been the case w/ the PS}, lacks achievements atm...

the choice is ultimately yours to make, but my suggestion would be to try and keep that 360 and find a way to buy a PS3. If that's definitely not an option I'd say you have to look at the games and consider which interest you more. Do the PS exclusives interest you more than the 360s? Because pound for pound I say the 360 and PS3 are equals. Obviously the PS3 still lags behind in the online and features department because they're just now getting into an integrated network but overall they are pretty close to equals when considering games, and online play. At least imho...

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts
online is free- gaming, demos, videos, web browser

when home hits ps online will be better then live andstill free

console wise its ALOT less likely to break down

but with all that said u still have to consider what u want in the games department
i dont think the 360's 08 line up is very strong i can only think of gears 2 and fable 2?
007GMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 007GMH
does it have like friends list and stuff like that are u always connectd online the the 360 even wen u are not playing an online game ?? is there content download ???
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
dude please DO NOT trade in your 360 for a PS3 you will regret it I promise you, I can't think of one reason why you would do that
007GMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 007GMH
the reason is its only a matter of time before this 360 is stuffed for about the 4th time
SpartanDavie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 SpartanDavie
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

Im trading mine this week.

The only game i play now on 360 is Call Of Duty 4 so gunna just get it on ps3.

Ive completed Mass Effect and Gears, the only decent 360 exclusives so wont be missing out.

Was going to get HD-DVD add on but why? When Blu-Ray is outselling it 2:1?

I do like the MSN on 360 but they dont have a browser which id much rather have.

Bring on SingStar :D

leon106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 leon106
Member since 2005 • 594 Posts
i was gonna trade in my 360 for a ps3 but then i kept it at the last minute...a week later i got the rrod...true story...so i bought the ps3 anyway and have loved it ever since
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
i wouldnt do it, but i have both
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Please use System Wars for this kind of discussion. Thanks.