This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PilgorTheMighty
PilgorTheMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 PilgorTheMighty
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts

Well after just over a year my PS3 broke and it is going to cost me 169 dollars Canadian to get it fixed. Before people come in and start flaming it was my fault. My PS3 sits in a cupboard, air is circulated very well. But one day I was playing some intense Call of Duty 4 and the door to the cupboard shut and i didn't notice it. Till about and hour and half later, when it started making scary sounds. I rush over and open the cupboard to find my PlayStation steaming hot and immediatly turn it off. I didn't do anything till now which is like 5 months, until the other day when all the games keep freezing and it over heats at about 20 minutes of play. Now it s going to be along time before i get it back so whats your story about a PS3 breaking.

Also how long did it take for your PS3 to get fixed.

Evildude683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Evildude683
Member since 2009 • 445 Posts

Well after just over a year my PS3 broke and it is going to cost me 169 dollars Canadian to get it fixed. Before people come in and start flaming it was my fault. My PS3 sits in a cupboard, air is circulated very well. But one day I was playing some intense Call of Duty 4 and the door to the cupboard shut and i didn't notice it. Till about and hour and half later, when it started making scary sounds. I rush over and open the cupboard to find my PlayStation steaming hot and immediatly turn it off. I didn't do anything till now which is like 5 months, until the other day when all the games keep freezing and it over heats at about 20 minutes of play. Now it s going to be along time before i get it back so whats your story about a PS3 breaking.

PilgorTheMighty

Look, i hope you don't get offended for what im going to say....

Here i go....

I understad your upset because your PS3 broke down and many ppl here have the same problem and share your opinion about it but..... It is my undestanding that this forums are to talk about everything related to the PS3...games,gadgest and even cheat codes..

Why fill up the boards complaining about how much did it cost to fix it, or how long did it lasted.....why not instead talk about something that makes sence?...

Is just my opinion....i mean no harm..;)

Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
[QUOTE="PilgorTheMighty"]

Evildude683

Here i go....

I understad your upset because your PS3 broke down and many ppl here have the same problem and share your opinion about it but..... It is my undestanding that this forums are to talk about everything related to the PS3...games,gadgest and even cheat codes..

Why fill up the boards complaining about how much did it cost to fix it, or how long did it lasted.....why not instead talk about something that makes sence?...

Lol this thread is legitimate. I don't see the problem. He wants to see what other problems people have had with the PS3. My disc drive broke, but I was still under warranty so I got it fixed for free. No problems since, and it's been about 6 months.
PilgorTheMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PilgorTheMighty
I understand were you are coming from and how you feel about people posting in a forum. But i think this i the most appropriate place to put it in. There isn't a hell of a lot to do now that my PS3 is dead i just wanted to get peoples feedback on what happened when theirs broke. Just to get advice of what to do when i mail it away.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
I guess this thread is for people who are careless and break their PS3s? Because PS3s don't break on their own. I think some of these stories are legit and some are not.
PilgorTheMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PilgorTheMighty
So you think I broke my PS3 on purpose. Well I just accidentally let the cupboard door shut and didn't notice it. Ya because that is what I do I break my pride and joy.
Soulreaver9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Soulreaver9
Member since 2004 • 465 Posts
[QUOTE="PilgorTheMighty"]

Evildude683

Here i go....

He explained his situation and asked a question for those who have experienced the same problem. I did not see any complaining at all. In my opinion if you don't want to read topics like this don't click the link, simple as that.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
I guess this thread is for people who are careless and break their PS3s? Because PS3s don't break on their own. I think some of these stories are legit and some are not. patriots7672
Yes, PS3s can break on their own. Mine did. My PS3 sits on an open shelf and is not confined in any direction. Had a near launch PS3. Bought it 12/01/06. I take immaculate care of my consoles and my games. I even would completely dust it once every two months making sure to get dust out of all the openings.

Anyway, my PS3 broke the thursday before last. Sent it in last wednesday and will hopefully get it back by the end of the week.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
So you think I broke my PS3 on purpose. Well I just accidentally let the cupboard door shut and didn't notice it. Ya because that is what I do I break my pride and joy.PilgorTheMighty
no, im sure he didnt mean that, but there are some ppl who over exaggerate things and make it look like its the ps3's fault, now the ps3 isnt perfect 100%. but unless its one of those 0.5% faulty ones then it is that person fault, now u said u had it in a cupboard. i honestly think thats a bad place even with the doors open, see if u can put it somewhere else when u get ur replacement, cuz if another incident happens like this, then it is ur fault, cuz u never know when the door will shut on ur ps3 adn suffocate it. but truly sorry for ur lost, and hope ull have it in no time and play online again
burstlimit514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 burstlimit514
Member since 2008 • 644 Posts
My ps3 kept asking me to format and i didnt want to lose my data so i called Sony and a mean lady told me "what the **** do you want me to do *****".I hung up then the next day it kept working then asking me to format then the playstation had an update that fixed it.
d_brown44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 d_brown44
Member since 2003 • 203 Posts
Mine got to the point to where it wouldn't read any discs at all. I called on a Tues. got the box by Thurs. to mail it off. Sent it out that same day and I got my PS3 back by the next Thurs. I know it will seem like a long time since your used to playing it, but that early isn't that long of a wait. Just go ahead and knock it out so you can get it back.