SF4 multiplayer connection really poor?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

hey, ive been playing SF4 like non-stop (and seriously... it is a very difficult game on arcade mode, its crazy... i have a hard time beating arcade on easy *cries*). anyhow i have been playing a few multiplayer matches a night and have noticed that the matchmaking is seriously awful. i try to connect to players, and maybe ACTUALLY connect to 1 in 10 players. it always says that it is sending data, and comes back saying unable to connect. is this just PSN? because to be truthful, i typically play multiplayer games on XBL, but couldnt fathom playing SF4 on the 360 controller.

when i do connect, it plays smooth, but seriously it takes like 5-10 minutes of searching and trying to connect before i finally actually connect properly to someone. also, literally 90% of the players i see looking for games have zero bars. the little radio symbol is usually blinking and has no bars. again, is this PSN or do tons of people still just have **** connections? i never have issues with lag in games, and DL at 2 meg/second.... so i honestly dont think it is me...

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
sometimes when it shows a bad connection it really isnt, but i played with a guy with no bars and one with 3 bars and i had no lag at all it was amazing, but yea i wouldnt chance it unless you wanna get frustrated.
Raijinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Raijinko
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts
same for me.... I had to put the request challenge feature on to play online in a faster pace.. I would get a new challenger every sec and got my win 10 ranked matches in a row trophy. right now im 50-9. but im taking a break i got 1300 battle points today...
gus122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gus122
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
Im just frecking glad that someone alse is finding this HARD! I can barely beat arcade on EASY OMG it's hard . I Literally smashed one of my controllers through shear frustration . ARCADE MODE FOR THIS GAME IS UNBELIEVABLY HARD! Online is smooht when you can connect , the status bars mean nothing at all it seems .
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
Im just frecking glad that someone alse is finding this HARD! I can barely beat arcade on EASY OMG it's hard . I Literally smashed one of my controllers through shear frustration . ARCADE MODE FOR THIS GAME IS UNBELIEVABLY HARD! Online is smooht when you can connect , the status bars mean nothing at all it seems . gus122
yea i can do pretty well until i meet either seth or zangief they both do that cheap as hell grab move, but i demoted to myself to Easiest difficulty, then i will go to very easy then easy then medium lol
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts
Don't know if this could count as a tip but... as soon as the search is over mash de X button, else the results will end up being selected by someone else and it will give you that message, because your results are no longer available. Works for me ;)
nitramllab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nitramllab
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Same here. It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of not bothering going online and I've only had it 2 days. Seems to work slightly better for me if I create a game for some reason.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Roland123_basic
i really hope they patch this soon... because the online is really enjoyable.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

Only one person can enter a room created by another player.

If another player went in before you, that's what's going to happen.

lukeymonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lukeymonw
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
Yeah online is bad here also. And I agree about the difficulty. The big problem i am having is that the freakin controller just wont keep up with my inputs. I mean i know its all about precision. I get that. But two forward rolls and the all punch button is NOT HARD. When the battles get harder and you have less time to input the command, the ps3 controller just does not respond. I'm getting so frustrated. I honestly don't think a game has been able to get my so frustrated. I just fought Seth 10 times and I just cannot get my combos launched or simple specials launched. Meanwhile i sit there and stall on my moves and Seth launches his barrage of super cheap moves. I LOVE this game, but you shouldn't have to go out and buy a new controller to make one game playable. I don't think you can blame the ps3 controller either. Capcom knew that is what they had to work with on the widest basis. They should have done a much better job getting the controls sharp on the standard ps3 controller instead of worrying about 3rd party sticks and pads.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Roland123_basic
Yeah online is bad here also. And I agree about the difficulty. The big problem i am having is that the freakin controller just wont keep up with my inputs. I mean i know its all about precision. I get that. But two forward rolls and the all punch button is NOT HARD. When the battles get harder and you have less time to input the command, the ps3 controller just does not respond. I'm getting so frustrated. I honestly don't think a game has been able to get my so frustrated. I just fought Seth 10 times and I just cannot get my combos launched or simple specials launched. Meanwhile i sit there and stall on my moves and Seth launches his barrage of super cheap moves. I LOVE this game, but you shouldn't have to go out and buy a new controller to make one game playable. I don't think you can blame the ps3 controller either. Capcom knew that is what they had to work with on the widest basis. They should have done a much better job getting the controls sharp on the standard ps3 controller instead of worrying about 3rd party sticks and pads.lukeymonw
completely agree... to be honest i cant even do any of the super special moves on the PS3 D-pad... i cant imagine what it is like on the 360. i usually just end up doing the moves by accident, to either great or unfortunate results. it is especially annoying to play online, and see people pulling off the super combos at will, you know they are using a fightstick.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
[QUOTE="lukeymonw"]Yeah online is bad here also. And I agree about the difficulty. The big problem i am having is that the freakin controller just wont keep up with my inputs. I mean i know its all about precision. I get that. But two forward rolls and the all punch button is NOT HARD. When the battles get harder and you have less time to input the command, the ps3 controller just does not respond. I'm getting so frustrated. I honestly don't think a game has been able to get my so frustrated. I just fought Seth 10 times and I just cannot get my combos launched or simple specials launched. Meanwhile i sit there and stall on my moves and Seth launches his barrage of super cheap moves. I LOVE this game, but you shouldn't have to go out and buy a new controller to make one game playable. I don't think you can blame the ps3 controller either. Capcom knew that is what they had to work with on the widest basis. They should have done a much better job getting the controls sharp on the standard ps3 controller instead of worrying about 3rd party sticks and pads.Roland123_basic
completely agree... to be honest i cant even do any of the super special moves on the PS3 D-pad... i cant imagine what it is like on the 360. i usually just end up doing the moves by accident, to either great or unfortunate results. it is especially annoying to play online, and see people pulling off the super combos at will, you know they are using a fightstick.

Exactly LOL I struggle doing regular shoryukens LOL. PS3 d-pad seriously sucks for this game I can't use it at all. I have to use the analog stick but damn I am only good with it on the left side of the screen. As others have state the d-pad is totally useless for pulling off Ultras. I just orderd a fight stick because I see people pulling off moves online at will but I can't do the same unless I am on the left(host) side of the screen. And then when I do I am basically button smashing because its so hard to execute them accurately. I never played a fighting game were I needed to buy a fightstick this will be the first for me.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="lukeymonw"]Yeah online is bad here also. And I agree about the difficulty. The big problem i am having is that the freakin controller just wont keep up with my inputs. I mean i know its all about precision. I get that. But two forward rolls and the all punch button is NOT HARD. When the battles get harder and you have less time to input the command, the ps3 controller just does not respond. I'm getting so frustrated. I honestly don't think a game has been able to get my so frustrated. I just fought Seth 10 times and I just cannot get my combos launched or simple specials launched. Meanwhile i sit there and stall on my moves and Seth launches his barrage of super cheap moves. I LOVE this game, but you shouldn't have to go out and buy a new controller to make one game playable. I don't think you can blame the ps3 controller either. Capcom knew that is what they had to work with on the widest basis. They should have done a much better job getting the controls sharp on the standard ps3 controller instead of worrying about 3rd party sticks and pads.jakarai

Exactly LOL I struggle doing regular shoryukens LOL. PS3 d-pad seriously sucks for this game I can't use it at all. I have to use the analog stick but damn I am only good with it on the left side of the screen. As others have state the d-pad is totally useless for pulling off Ultras. I just orderd a fight stick because I see people pulling off moves online at will but I can't do the same unless I am on the left(host) side of the screen. And then when I do I am basically button smashing because its so hard to execute them accurately. I never played a fighting game were I needed to buy a fightstick this will be the first for me.

while this game is meant to be a throwback to the oldschool days of streetfighter... it is WAY MORE hardcore to play than any of the past games. i play SF Alpha 3 all the time and can do all of the moves just fine. i seriously struggle with this game though.