Serious question to PS3 owners.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mattimusprime74
mattimusprime74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattimusprime74
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts
Hi. This is NOT a fanboy thing. I honestly have a question for PS3 owners and preferably for people who own PS3 and Xbox 360. I currently have a 360 premium with a 120 GB HDD. I have a handful of games for it(GTA 4, Soul Calibur 4, Assasin's guild, Gears 1, DOA 4, and quite a few Live arcade games. 90% of the games I have are on PS3 also. Xbox 360 has a lot of great FPS but I'm not a huge FPS fan. My 360 hasnt RROD yet but it is extremely loud and I'm afraid that its coming. My favorite genres are fighting and RPG. To cut to the chase, would it be worth it to trade in the 360 and pick up a ps3 instead? I've heard that the PSN is not that great, granted it is free. I don't wanna buy a PS3 and keep the 360 because I can't afford to buy games for a Ps3 and the 360 and Wii that I already own. If any ps3 owners or people who own both and have a basis for comparison could give me their insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
Hi. This is NOT a fanboy thing. I honestly have a question for PS3 owners and preferably for people who own PS3 and Xbox 360. I currently have a 360 premium with a 120 GB HDD. I have a handful of games for it(GTA 4, Soul Calibur 4, Assasin's guild, Gears 1, DOA 4, and quite a few Live arcade games. 90% of the games I have are on PS3 also. Xbox 360 has a lot of great FPS but I'm not a huge FPS fan. My 360 hasnt RROD yet but it is extremely loud and I'm afraid that its coming. My favorite genres are fighting and RPG. To cut to the chase, would it be worth it to trade in the 360 and pick up a ps3 instead? I've heard that the PSN is not that great, granted it is free. I don't wanna buy a PS3 and keep the 360 because I can't afford to buy games for a Ps3 and the 360 and Wii that I already own. If any ps3 owners or people who own both and have a basis for comparison could give me their insight, it would be greatly appreciated.mattimusprime74
Everytime i try to create a match in Far Cry 2, it gives me only the choices: Map and Advanced Options, none of tht other stuff, it is just like whitish tan and u can barely see it. And when i say create, it says Create Match failed like 2 seconds later. Does anyone kno y this is? I would really appreciate any answers! And also, some1 told me 2 go 2 PS3 Feedback/Bug Threa, but i cant find it. Does any1 kno where this is?? Thanksy friend has both, he likes ps3 better in everything but there arent as many online players, but he says it dont make no difference. PS3 is more powerful and has bluray. get a ps3
TehSonofUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TehSonofUgly
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
Well it seems like you already have quiet a collection of games, so if you can't get a great deal for all of them, then i would say stick with you xbox, but if you can i say go for it.
team-mazda3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 team-mazda3
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts

hey ...

i have both , and im using them both , and my xbox is very loud but its ok , and about the xbox live , i dont use it , (why pay for what i can get for free !! )

i love both of them , i can tell you that the ps3 has better hardware even software but i still love to play xbox because there is forza and gears of war .

AlMar12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 AlMar12345
Member since 2005 • 749 Posts
Back in 2006 I bought a PS3 and my friends bought 360's since then I'd say I've been more happy with my purchase than they have. They are always longing for the games I own like MGS4, R2, and Uncharted, while I could care less about the games they have. One of my friends even sold his Wii to buy a PS3 for MGS4 and hasn't looked back since. So in my experience I would say it's worth it, but I wouldn't do it unless you can get a good bit of money for all of your stuff.
halfbreed11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 halfbreed11111
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts

assassin guild sry but

psn is not as bad as everyone says it is and if ur willing to part with those titles then sure

i think the ps3 is getting the best rpg this gen white knight chronicle

the game seriously look beasty

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#8 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

Keep your 360 and get a PS3 for Christmas. Also you can install games onto your 360 HDD to get it more quiet.

whackedjob213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 whackedjob213
Member since 2006 • 2103 Posts
I'm a pretty big cow but in all seriousness trading in your system and games is never worth it. Just hold with your 360 the amount of RPG's isn't much different on either console sadly.
marco_1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marco_1981
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hey mmm i think u should have all of them lol as for buying a game the 2 console r the same so u have lot of choice ;) i own both of them!

LoverOfTheLamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LoverOfTheLamb
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hi. This is NOT a fanboy thing. I honestly have a question for PS3 owners and preferably for people who own PS3 and Xbox 360. I currently have a 360 premium with a 120 GB HDD. I have a handful of games for it(GTA 4, Soul Calibur 4, Assasin's guild, Gears 1, DOA 4, and quite a few Live arcade games. 90% of the games I have are on PS3 also. Xbox 360 has a lot of great FPS but I'm not a huge FPS fan. My 360 hasnt RROD yet but it is extremely loud and I'm afraid that its coming. My favorite genres are fighting and RPG. To cut to the chase, would it be worth it to trade in the 360 and pick up a ps3 instead? I've heard that the PSN is not that great, granted it is free. I don't wanna buy a PS3 and keep the 360 because I can't afford to buy games for a Ps3 and the 360 and Wii that I already own. If any ps3 owners or people who own both and have a basis for comparison could give me their insight, it would be greatly appreciated.mattimusprime74
I had all three also untillI recieved RROD. I personaly enjoy the PS3 the most, but I don't know if it would be worth it to start over with your collection. I personaly thought that PSN was much easier to navigate graphics are better granted the game is designed on the PS3. PS3 has some amazing exclusives out and in the works , but the 360 also has its share. I dont know of any PS3 RPG exclusives although FFXlll is supposed to be designed on PS3 by itself. If you enjoy those games that is all I have for you.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
I think you should keep the 360 as long as it doesn't RRoD. Oh and no matter if you get the PS3 or not, just dump the Wii.
e011234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 e011234
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts

I think you should keep the 360 as long as it doesn't RRoD. Oh and no matter if you get the PS3 or not, just dump the Wii.GreenGoblin2099

In all seriousness GreenGoblin2099 is right, dump the wii. Its not that good and those huge sales that you are seeing of the Wii are just due to the non gamers/ family/kids market. I dont see a single good game in sight for it. And No more heroes is not that good.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
I think you should keep the 360 as long as it doesn't RRoD. Oh and no matter if you get the PS3 or not, just dump the Wii.GreenGoblin2099
i agree. and if it does, just send it in for repairs. plus, TC, it's not like you HAVE to buy a game for every console you own at the same time. the only aspect that should change if your add the PS3 into the equasion, is that you'll have a greater variety of games to choose from (which could be a bad thing if you're short on time or have a limited budget). Anyway, don't trade in the 360, no matter how crappy the hardware is; if i had one i wouldn't... but then again the hardware was the primary reason i never wanted one :P , so yeah, i don't practice what i preach, lol. But if i already had one, i wouldn't get rid of it.
Avatar image for mattimusprime74
mattimusprime74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mattimusprime74
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts
Hey. Thanks to all that have responded to my dilemna. Ironically, I just got finished playing MK vs. DC on my 360(kind of a letdown, BTW)and the picture on my 360 start kind of randomly flashing and the color changed to almost a mosiac, washed out look. I exited out of the game and the dashboard looked the same way. I even threw in Soul Caliber 4 to compare and the color was very blurry and grainy. Maybe it's a sign from the video game gods that I should get a PS3.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
Hey. Thanks to all that have responded to my dilemna. Ironically, I just got finished playing MK vs. DC on my 360(kind of a letdown, BTW)and the picture on my 360 start kind of randomly flashing and the color changed to almost a mosiac, washed out look. I exited out of the game and the dashboard looked the same way. I even threw in Soul Caliber 4 to compare and the color was very blurry and grainy. Maybe it's a sign from the video game gods that I should get a PS3.mattimusprime74
Or here's your other choice. Sell your 360, but keep your HDD and all the accessories. And then buy a $200 Arcade or pick up a refurbished one at GameStop for $160 (They generally come with no problems). And this is coming from a PS3 owner. I personally don't see the 360 as an inferior system that would make me want to drop it for a PS3, especially if I already had built a hefty collection. If I were you, I definitely wouldn't stick around with that Xbox 360 for too long, but I wouldn't start over from scratch either, considering how cheap 360s are. But, i do love my PS3, good collection of exclusive games, and good third party games, not too far off from the 360 library, I'm just not sure if it's worth the switch for someone who already has been a 360 user for that long.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts
Well, it depends. For switching is the best point now that your Xbox seems to *die*. It depends the most on your playing style. if you neither like to replay Games nor are a collector, you should deo it (as there is surely a reason why you think about it). But if you love to replay your Games or you're some kind of collector, stay on Xbox