Selling PS3 how much is it worth?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EagleEyeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EagleEyeKhan
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'm not sure this is the best place to post this but w.e Okay I want to sell my PS3 and get an Xbox (ps3 is an excellent console! but I am not satisfied with the games.) So if someone could break down the prices for me and give me an estimate to how much this would be worth. Also if you know good places to trade in and get xbox please help. So here: -Ps3(under a year old, Fat Original, 80 Gb + Controller) - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - Call of Duty World @ War - Metal Gear Solid 4 - SOCOM: Confrontation - Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Please tell me how much each is worth or all togheter will i be able to cover the cost of an xbox + reach? Thanks guys!
Katsumic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Katsumic
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts
You would get more via Ebay / Craigslist / etc., but here at the gamestop values: About ~30-35 for games max They buy 80GB for 100-130ish. If it's the BC model, $130-150
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Level 1....1 post..? Trying to sell a PS3 to get a 360...Hmmmm.....

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MarcRecon

FLAME BAIT!!!!!!:P

EagleEyeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EagleEyeKhan
What? ^
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MarcRecon

What? ^EagleEyeKhan

I'm not even going to entertain you dude...have a nice day, I'm outta here.:)

EagleEyeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EagleEyeKhan
Thank you MarcRecon, for your very useful input on the subject.
fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

You better not be selling your PS3 for Halo.

EagleEyeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EagleEyeKhan
Well um heh *cough* funny story bout that :(
kneegrowpls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kneegrowpls
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

lol @ selling a ps3 because you aren't satisfied with the games...

maybe i just don't understand switching to the 360 for the games. unless you're really big on halo and gears which would be understandable. or your friends have a 360

EagleEyeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EagleEyeKhan
Wow kneegrowpls, Thanks for not being completely retarded and Analyzing the situation. If you guys must know, I am a big Halo fan I got a PS3 because of MGS4 played that for like 8 months straight got some new games played here and there but yea. I love the PS3 theres so much you can do and its really inviting and entertaining, but obviously I'm not into creative games like LBP and stuff like that hell yea there awesome games but not into it don't see myself having that much fun. So yea Halo Reach and my friends have Xbox n been bit*hin at me for a while to get it soo.... Yea now all you fanboys please I'm on your freakin side just answer my damn question.
Avatar image for jakethesnake159
jakethesnake159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 jakethesnake159
Member since 2009 • 6284 Posts

If your asking if your get your money, they you will be sad to hear no.

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

If you plan on trading at a place like Gamestop then dont bother, those places give you like 25% of the actual value MAX. Your best bet would be craigslist or eBay. Although I would strongly recommend you just save up for a 360. Selling a console that you have time and money invested into is a regretful descision waiting to happen. If you just put aside $10 a day you could get an Xbox in a month.

Katsumic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Katsumic
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

I answered your question in the second reply Eagle :) With gamestop prices, anyway. Ebay / Craigslist you may get $200-250ish for the unit if it's BC

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
Buying a system for just 1 or 2 games is such a waste.
EagleEyeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EagleEyeKhan
Thanks Katsumic, I appreciate your help but whats your opinion on Best Buy I heard they do trade ins too and Game Stop are scammers i know that -_-
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

But you have GT5coming? You can't play that on the 360. I'd say save up for a 360 and keep your Ps3.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

Thanks Katsumic, I appreciate your help but whats your opinion on Best Buy I heard they do trade ins too and Game Stop are scammers i know that -_- EagleEyeKhan
How are Gamestop scammers? I've never understood why people think they are deceitful or scamming you. They flat out tell people what you get for what you are bringing them. It is up to the customer to decide whether or not accept what they offer. The reason their trade in price is low is because so many people accept it.

You would do the same in their situation, for instance with you trading in your PS3 you are doing the same as Gamestop. You telling me if people were offering you $300 to buy your used PS3 you would talk them down because you know the PS3 really isnt worth that? Give me a break you wouldnt think twice about taking that persons $300

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

what of sick person trade a ps3 for a xbox 360

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
Well um heh *cough* funny story bout that :(EagleEyeKhan
If you sell your PS3 for a 360, you will regret for the rest of your life. :)
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
its worth a bird in the bush
0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts
Unless you do not have your own source of income, Get Both. I honestly wouldn't sell my ps3 for a 360, especially considering what games I have. Hey, I like Halo, and Gears, but they aren't enough to warrant a purchase. What I don't like about people telling you that the exclusive lineup is limited (which it is) it isn't as much as people say it it. DOA 4. PGR4, FM3, all the Banjo Kazooie Games, and it also has a much better store (more games. What the ps3 have as exclusives are good, but are fairly limited for download) If you don't have a high-end PC, then other games to get are Serious Sam HD, The WHOLE splinter cell series (which is 6 or something games,) and there are also some others.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
Probably be able to sell it for $100 or $150 somewere in that range
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
have fun paying for live just to play halo
britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 britishdude360
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

Ok fair enough you want the xbox 360, now i have a xbox 360 and a ps3, and i brought the ps3 after the xbox 360, as much as i have adored the many hours spent on the 360, the hours spent on the console of which games? they where mainly multiplatform, the likes of cod, fallout 3 all those sort of genres happen to be on the ps3 too.

so lets try and sway your finaal desicion ps3 vs xbox 360

Exclusives- 360- yes halo of course, left 4 dead, mass effects, dead rising, gears of war, pgra few other ones tha cant be bothered to mention
PS3- heavy rain, uncharted series, infamous,resistance,killzone,mgs, demon souls, yakuza 4, gt 5, mag, little big planet--most of these are great games as ive heard and played.

Now you see i havent seen many games really so far that have come from the xbox but also put onto the ps3, now look at what ps3 have got from the xbox, bioshock, dead rising case 0, mass effect eventually, i mean think about it,if your really buying a console of the purpose of the games then your more deluded then i thought,
and to be honest halo aint that amazing not worth a console, and gears of war is fun for a while left 4 dead online fun of course but nothing else.but if their your reasons then youll regret it, if anything save up for a xbox that way you wont lose out.

eventually if you go head with your actions, youllsee your new xbox 360 will be just like the ps3 but without the blu ray, without your wireless built in depending on the version your buying, without the free online multiplayer, and if your a more mature player youll be putting yourself into the sceniro of a not so mature community, damn kids lol,
Im not bias towards any of these great consoles but im just trying to stop you deep regret later on.
hope ive helped even a little bit :)

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
why do yall care what console he has? anyhow, sell it on craigslist. 200-250 bucks is what you will get.
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts

What state do you live in?