Sekiro Shadows Die Twice?

Avatar image for realistic44
realistic44

8244

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8244 Posts

Anybody played it yet? I am thinking about buying it tomorrow. It looks quite promising.

Avatar image for almightyskr
AlmightySKR

6

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 AlmightySKR
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

I might pick it up but not anytime soon. I just got Anthem and will be getting The Divison 2 as well.

If the game looks interesting to you, I say go for it

Avatar image for Johnny_Rock
Johnny_Rock

40231

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40231 Posts

Warning. If you've played a FromSoftware game before, you might be prepared for it's difficulty level. But this game adds a mechanic where, when you die, you lose half your XP and half your money with no way to get it back. Except for a die roll that is based off of how well you are doing in the game. If you are doing poorly, then the chance is worse. Worse! Here's a game that penalizes you for playing poorly. Keep dying and you'll never advance. Screw that. I'll keep playing Bloodborne.

Avatar image for Khazrak134
Khazrak134

169

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#4 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 169 Posts
@Johnny_Rock said:

Warning. If you've played a FromSoftware game before, you might be prepared for it's difficulty level. But this game adds a mechanic where, when you die, you lose half your XP and half your money with no way to get it back. Except for a die roll that is based off of how well you are doing in the game. If you are doing poorly, then the chance is worse. Worse! Here's a game that penalizes you for playing poorly. Keep dying and you'll never advance. Screw that. I'll keep playing Bloodborne.

yeah, the death mechanic is a little bit of a turn off for me too. I liked how in Bloodborne and Dark Souls you could effectively redeem yourself for the mistake you made by recollections your souls. the death mechanic in sekiro sounds too much like a punishment to, with not enough of a chance for redemption. recent From games are usually set up as a trial and error experience, and from what ive read and seen, it looks like Sekiro is also a trial and error kind of game, especially with the tools and arm prosthetics, but the death mechanic seems to dissuade checking out new strategies and tools for fear of losing half your XP with no chance of getting it back.

Avatar image for GTR12
GTR12

13485

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 GTR12  Online
Member since 2006 • 13485 Posts

@Khazrak134 said:
@Johnny_Rock said:

Warning. If you've played a FromSoftware game before, you might be prepared for it's difficulty level. But this game adds a mechanic where, when you die, you lose half your XP and half your money with no way to get it back. Except for a die roll that is based off of how well you are doing in the game. If you are doing poorly, then the chance is worse. Worse! Here's a game that penalizes you for playing poorly. Keep dying and you'll never advance. Screw that. I'll keep playing Bloodborne.

yeah, the death mechanic is a little bit of a turn off for me too. I liked how in Bloodborne and Dark Souls you could effectively redeem yourself for the mistake you made by recollections your souls. the death mechanic in sekiro sounds too much like a punishment to, with not enough of a chance for redemption. recent From games are usually set up as a trial and error experience, and from what ive read and seen, it looks like Sekiro is also a trial and error kind of game, especially with the tools and arm prosthetics, but the death mechanic seems to dissuade checking out new strategies and tools for fear of losing half your XP with no chance of getting it back.

Or you could...

Git Gud

Avatar image for Khazrak134
Khazrak134

169

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#6 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 169 Posts
@GTR12 said:
@Khazrak134 said:
@Johnny_Rock said:

Warning. If you've played a FromSoftware game before, you might be prepared for it's difficulty level. But this game adds a mechanic where, when you die, you lose half your XP and half your money with no way to get it back. Except for a die roll that is based off of how well you are doing in the game. If you are doing poorly, then the chance is worse. Worse! Here's a game that penalizes you for playing poorly. Keep dying and you'll never advance. Screw that. I'll keep playing Bloodborne.

yeah, the death mechanic is a little bit of a turn off for me too. I liked how in Bloodborne and Dark Souls you could effectively redeem yourself for the mistake you made by recollections your souls. the death mechanic in sekiro sounds too much like a punishment to, with not enough of a chance for redemption. recent From games are usually set up as a trial and error experience, and from what ive read and seen, it looks like Sekiro is also a trial and error kind of game, especially with the tools and arm prosthetics, but the death mechanic seems to dissuade checking out new strategies and tools for fear of losing half your XP with no chance of getting it back.

Or you could...

Git Gud

oof...