Second part (Selling my ps3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamerkat
Member since 2008 • 1693 Posts

I recently posted a thread on here talking about me selling my 60gb ps3 because of "lack of games". I still strongly support my statements, the other thread got locked bc I posted the link to my ebay auction.

Here is link to the thread-http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26567176

In all honesty, I have always been a big Playstation kid, I've had the first one since I was 6, I still have it. I remember playing hours upon hours of Hercules on it, and I played alot of platformer titles on the Ps2. So then I waited for the Ps3, I saved up over $600 for launch, then the launch didnt come. Well, time flew by, I finally saved up enough money (in the meantime I bought an xbox 360). I got the 60gb ps3, which will be leaving me tomorrow.

For over 6 months, I researched every possible game for me to buy, always looking if Killzone 2 was coming around. Some games like R:FOM made me like the Ps3, it just wasnt the system I imagined it to be. It had the great graphics, the online, but not the gameplay that has made Sony such a household name. Well, again, time passes, and motorstorm came out, a great game, I played it alot (the most actually out of my ps3 titles).

For 3 months it was a fun time spender, I enjoyed it honestly. But I still hadn't gotten the amazing experience. Again, time passes, I waited patiently for Home, it didnt come out. Little updates here and there, nothing much really changed. Oh yea, and in the meantime only a handful of normal fps came out. Heavenly Sword was amazing though, it was obviously made to be a good game. I rented over 15-20 games over the whole 2007-2008 year, even some in 2008. But still, I wasnt getting that Ps3 experience. Hoping that GTAIV was going to be good for the ps3, I researched it, only to find out it was causing fatal errors in Ps3s. Thats when I drew the line. I waited over 5 years for a console that didnt have good games. Well im tired of the waiting, tired of the promises, and tired of incompletness. Sony had the potential to win me, but overall, it failed.

I know some people are gonna say "you just like xbox 360", or "there are great games coming out", but why arent those "great games" out yet. Heck, I even tried to get some sports games for the ps3 over time, each had big errors. And home was still not out.

Even my step-dad, a loyal Playstation fan from his days in the Army hasn't enjoyed the PS3.

Sry for this rant, but I didnt mean to look like an a$$ in my other thread, im just completely unsatisfied by promises, incompletness from Sony.

Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts

im not gona lie man, its a very bad idea. you just have to have patience, i have had my 60 gig since launch and i am fine with the games i have now. i dont care if they r exclusive or not. if u just want exclusive games and thats your understanding why the ps3 dosnt have a great selection then you are playing games for the wrong reasons. have you not seen what games are comming out in the future here soon? but yeah if you dont have the patience for good games then go ahead and sell it. i know i wont lose sleep if u sell it but i think you will regret it when killzone 2 comes out and you are sitting at your tv and cant play it. if you just wait then you will be happy with it. good luck....

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
I'm not going to read all that. But I say sell or throw it away, or whatever. Then we'll all move on. Deal?
Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamerkat

im not gona lie man, its a very bad idea. you just have to have patience, i have had my 60 gig since launch and i am fine with the games i have now. i dont care if they r exclusive or not. if u just want exclusive games and thats your understanding why the ps3 dosnt have a great selection then you are playing games for the wrong reasons. have you not seen what games are comming out in the future here soon? but yeah if you dont have the patience for good games then go ahead and sell it. i know i wont lose sleep if u sell it but i think you will regret it when killzone 2 comes out and you are sitting at your tv and cant play it. if you just wait then you will be happy with it. good luck....

lions_rock_2008

Yea, I've been waiting for killzone since launch. Since then the PS3s titles havent amazed me, some like Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, the adventure game in the jungle, and RFOM were good, but games like GTAIV failed me when they actually launched. Idk, I may just pull it off ebay, im in the mix. For one, I play pc, I dont have time for gaming that much anymore, so I dont even buy new games for my Xbox 360. But yea, thx for your input, if home was out I would keep it, but any other game is the same on the xbox 360 or pc as the ps3, and that isnt what I bought a Ps3 for.

Leon7J7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Leon7J7
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
People have different tastes in games.......I for one think the ps3 has a lack of RPGs but I'm not giving up on it. I read your post and i respect your decision and it is your choice if you wanna sell it lol and im kind of sick of waiting for games lol but i eventually find some ones that keep me busy....
Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
[QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]

Gamerkat

Yea, I've been waiting for killzone since launch. Since then the PS3s titles havent amazed me, some like Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, the adventure game in the jungle, and RFOM were good, but games like GTAIV failed me when they actually launched. Idk, I may just pull it off ebay, im in the mix. For one, I play pc, I dont have time for gaming that much anymore, so I dont even buy new games for my Xbox 360. But yea, thx for your input, if home was out I would keep it, but any other game is the same on the xbox 360 or pc as the ps3, and that isnt what I bought a Ps3 for.

yeah i agree with the GTA flop but i think i knew that was gona happen anyway so i didnt get myself to hyped for it. but all i can honestly say it keep it till at least middle of 09. then most of the games to get will be out and if you still are nto satisfied just think how much a BC launch 60gig would go for in 09 ;) haha, just dont give up yet.

Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gamerkat
[QUOTE="Gamerkat"][QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]

lions_rock_2008

yeah i agree with the GTA flop but i think i knew that was gona happen anyway so i didnt get myself to hyped for it. but all i can honestly say it keep it till at least middle of 09. then most of the games to get will be out and if you still are nto satisfied just think how much a BC launch 60gig would go for in 09 ;) haha, just dont give up yet.

lol, I wonder though if the value of it will go up. In the past 3 months, its value has went down by 20%

kreemghandour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kreemghandour
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts
Just sell it man damn. Why come onto Gamespot and try to get people sympathetic for you. If you want to sell it go right ahead u freaking cry baby, you have to tell other people your business. You make it seem like PSN wont be the same after you leave heck I dont give a freak about you and quit posting this garbage you trash blah.
waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 waferlawrence
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

Well, I gotta say, for the reason you're getting rid of it, I think it's just bad timing. Yeah, I can understand those gripes. But it's like walking into the DMV when they're serving number 7 and pulling number 212 and walking out right when they get to 203. You've waited quite some time and with so many games literaly about to come out this fall, it's like waiting for nothing. You did the hardest thing, you waited. 360 seems like it's already peaked, and after all that time, you waited had some broken promises yeah, you're leaving right before the best part.

You even have the Motorstorm sequel coming out. Ignore the other guys, you seem to have a logical descion for selling, I think it's just gonna be a huge case of bad irony for you if you have the system and sell it literaly right before it lives up to it's name.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Just sell it and buy another console or get back into video games in a few years when the ps3 has more games.
Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

i seriously think u will regret ur choice by the end of the year...

but yah ur move =D

i think ill buy back ur ps3 in like 6 months...

i mean i got my ps3 at launch as well... and its been enough for me... i mean wat were u expecting wen it was coming out... personally i think sony delivered on everything they promised before launch... the games were great... and with games like MGS4, GTAIV, Burnout Paradise, LBP coming out.. and many more... i dont know wat ur expecting honestly...

i think its ur fault tht u placed ur expectations way to high... and hence simply set urslef up for dissapointment... i mean yah u were patient and stuck with it for long... and maybe ur time is up... but im telling u tht u might regret =D

Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Marked_Man
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts
Just sell it man and quit your B'ing already who cares.People's taste change and people have periods where their brain doesn't work right.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
well i agree this is the worst time to sell. If you sell anything sell the 360 i have both and i regret buying the 360. Seeing as i use my ps3 for multiplats due to free online. im not cheap but live just isnt worth 50$. Plus you have LBP, R2(seeing as you liked the first one why sell it?), Killzone 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Prince of Persia, Fat princess,flower. Why sell it right before the big games come out. I agree sony was a little idiotic this gen on the launch, but now they seem to be getting it together. So TAKE IT OFF. if you dont like all the games and killzone 2 stinks then sell it. Just wait till after feb.09 and then think about selling it if you are not satisfied.
lesner87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 lesner87
Member since 2004 • 2441 Posts
TC you should have had some patience.As i wrote in your first thread.That PS3 is just in the starting of its life and we`ill be seeing good titles in the mid/Q4 of 2009.Xbox 360 has been out before the PS3.Anyways guess now you cant turn back so enjoy the Xbox.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

I'm not going to stop you from selling your ps3 but isn't advertising your sale against the TOS?

edit::whoops misread your first coupla lines.

The fact is that these forums are for discussion or questions not really for rants. You have a perfectly good blog option if you wanna rant on like this. Nothing against you personally though.

bam706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bam706
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts
Whats the point of posting it here....
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

Um... you do know that even if we tell you not to, you can just go ahead with it.

I mean, if I was an evil mastermind who was anonymous on the internet with a button to launch a nuke large enough to destroy the world, all of the posts in the world wouldn't stop me from launching it.

In other words, the internet can't stop you from selling your PS3. You can go ahead with it if you want. That decision is up to you.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sa10kun

Um... you do know that even if we tell you not to, you can just go ahead with it.

I mean, if I was an evil mastermind who was anonymous on the internet with a button to launch a nuke large enough to destroy the world, all of the posts in the world wouldn't stop me from launching it.

In other words, the internet can't stop you from selling your PS3. You can go ahead with it if you want. That decision is up to you.

hazelnutman

Hey hazel, up for a little thread hijacking? haha jk.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

sa10kun

What are you talking about? Hijacking? Me? Why would I do such a thing? *wink wink*

Hahaha :P

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sa10kun
[QUOTE="sa10kun"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

hazelnutman

What are you talking about? Hijacking? Me? Why would I do such a thing? *wink wink*

Hahaha :P

Bouken deshou...

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hazelnutman

Bouken deshou...

sa10kun

...desho! HONTO ga uso ni kawaru sekai de
Yume ga aru kara tsuyoku naru no yo dare no tame janai

Issho ni kite kudasai
Doko made mo juyuu na watashi wo mite yo ne
Ashita kako ni natta kyou no ima ga kiseki
I believe you!!!!!!!!!

...oh great, now you got me singing Haruhi songs :lol:

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sa10kun
[QUOTE="sa10kun"]

Bouken deshou...

hazelnutman

Issho ni kite kudasai
I believe you!!!!!!!!!

song

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="sa10kun"]

Bouken deshou...

sa10kun

Issho ni kite kudasai
I believe you!!!!!!!!!

song

Mi-mi-Miracle! Mikurun run

:lol:

Awesome song is awesome to compliment and awesome movie opening :lol:

Well, I think i'm gonna go sleep nao. See ya around sa10kun :)

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Symphony is now here for hijacking. =D
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
[QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]

Gamerkat

The adventure game in the jungle?

I think what you are reffering to is Uncharted: Drakes Fortune.

You said you have researched loads of games and stuff?

You obviously didn't research it to much or you would have known what one of the best games on the PS3 is called.

Fair enough though, you could have forgotten it.

Still, very bad decision if you ask me.

All the incredible titles that are coming out and you are selling it now?!

Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Socom: Confrontation are all coming out in the next few months.

Then we have games like Heavy Rain and God Of War 3 to look forward too.

So yeh, it's a very bad idea if you ask me, I sold my 360 once I got my PS3 cause I found that I never used it anymore and it was unreliable, but it's your choice.

Oh, and I just wanted to say...

Don't mean to sound like an arse, but the, "PS3 has no decent games." arguement became inavlid a long time ago.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
I love my ps3 more than my 360. Much more. Its just a matter of preference. Stop generalising and saying stuff like 'sony could have won me over' because it did win LOADS of people over. If i compared the PS3 game library to the 360 one, the PS3 would win hand down. Even games like uncharted are already showing the gap between the PS3 and 360. Imagine the same thing happens for the PS3 games which happened for the PS2 games. They got MUCH better over the years. Its alright though, when you eventually realise the PS3's superiority you will rebuy a ps3, giving sony that one more sale. On a side note, LOL at your GTA4 breaking ps3's statement. Gta4 crashed a tiny amount of ps3's which were fixed. Xbox 360's break themselves. I have 7 friends with 360's and NO JOKE, 5 of them are on their 2nd 360 and 2 on their 3rd, which they had to rebuy themselves. Just yesterday my friend got one red light and error code E709. RROD is the real point where i draw the line.
michelle341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 michelle341
Member since 2008 • 734 Posts

well it does have some nice exclusives coming out like god of war 3, resistance 2,killzone2, the full gran turismo 5, little big planet, motorstorm 2 and mybe even uncharted 2 (if the rumors are true)

anyway by buying a ps3 you are basicly paying for potential- good reliability, a 10 year console and good games in the future (and the free online and blu ray are also quite nice)..

if u r looking to get an imediate return for your money then u can buy an xbox 360 which is not as good as the ps3 but has a better liabrary. though there are many multiplat games that u can play on both..if exclusives mean that much to u then buy an xbox 360..but I wouldent do so if I were u

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

I recently posted a thread on here talking about me selling my 60gb ps3 because of "lack of games". I still strongly support my statements, the other thread got locked bc I posted the link to my ebay auction.

Here is link to the thread-http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26567176

In all honesty, I have always been a big Playstation kid, I've had the first one since I was 6, I still have it. I remember playing hours upon hours of Hercules on it, and I played alot of platformer titles on the Ps2. So then I waited for the Ps3, I saved up over $600 for launch, then the launch didnt come. Well, time flew by, I finally saved up enough money (in the meantime I bought an xbox 360). I got the 60gb ps3, which will be leaving me tomorrow.

For over 6 months, I researched every possible game for me to buy, always looking if Killzone 2 was coming around. Some games like R:FOM made me like the Ps3, it just wasnt the system I imagined it to be. It had the great graphics, the online, but not the gameplay that has made Sony such a household name. Well, again, time passes, and motorstorm came out, a great game, I played it alot (the most actually out of my ps3 titles).

For 3 months it was a fun time spender, I enjoyed it honestly. But I still hadn't gotten the amazing experience. Again, time passes, I waited patiently for Home, it didnt come out. Little updates here and there, nothing much really changed. Oh yea, and in the meantime only a handful of normal fps came out. Heavenly Sword was amazing though, it was obviously made to be a good game. I rented over 15-20 games over the whole 2007-2008 year, even some in 2008. But still, I wasnt getting that Ps3 experience. Hoping that GTAIV was going to be good for the ps3, I researched it, only to find out it was causing fatal errors in Ps3s. Thats when I drew the line. I waited over 5 years for a console that didnt have good games. Well im tired of the waiting, tired of the promises, and tired of incompletness. Sony had the potential to win me, but overall, it failed.

I know some people are gonna say "you just like xbox 360", or "there are great games coming out", but why arent those "great games" out yet. Heck, I even tried to get some sports games for the ps3 over time, each had big errors. And home was still not out.

Even my step-dad, a loyal Playstation fan from his days in the Army hasn't enjoyed the PS3.

Sry for this rant, but I didnt mean to look like an a$$ in my other thread, im just completely unsatisfied by promises, incompletness from Sony.

Gamerkat
I know where your coming from man, my ps3 mostly collects dust and for $600 I want more great games. I'm not selling my ps3 cause soon there will be some sick games coming out. and in the mean time I play on my 360.
Mike5589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mike5589
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

I'm not going to read all that. But I say sell or throw it away, or whatever. Then we'll all move on. Deal?PS3videos

What that person said.

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
Who... cares?
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

Ok.. Gamerkat i understand your point (not really...) but there's one thing...

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TELLING US????

I sell a bunch of stuff on eBay every month and i don't go out posting it and crying about it...

"Bouuu houuu i sold my Terminator dvd triology... bou hou hou there's just not enough sequel to the franchise... bou hou.. it's not like there's a fourth, fifth and sixth one coming out with Christian Bale.... bou hou hou..."

--odai--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 --odai--
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
a second part .. ah who asked for it?
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
dude you're sad.
BRAWLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 BRAWLL
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts

wow.... i thin you are making it all up, first of all you dint mention MGS4 or Uncharted you also dint talk about the RROD for the xbox.... i think you are making it all up. I dont think people really care if you sell it or not, PS is a big franchise and there is more people that will buy a PS3 regardless of your opinion, so please go play with your xbox there is 14 million people out there who are playing, MGS4, WARHAWK, Uncharted and COD4 and they are having the next gen blast.

I could care less of you or xbox fanboys buy the system or not we all know the PS3 and has better games, i hope you enjoy all the xbox games oh wait thats right there is only one Gears of War......

MGS4

Ratchet & Clank

Uncharted

WARHAWK

GT5

Heavely Sword

RFOM

-------

RFOM 2

KILLZONE 2

HEAVY RAIN

LBP

InFamus

God OF War

HARDWARE 2

MAG

AFrika

and many more

Steve_ps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Steve_ps
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts
I really don't undestand why people wait for a game and are so excited for it yet they wait so long they decide to sell their system lose money on it then when the game comes out they regret selling and then end up buying the system again anyways. It's not your playstations fault there are sh*t devs out there.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
you are obiviously a 360 fanboy why use the time and effort to post 2 topics of complete garbage. even then if you did have a ps3 its a bad time to sell, but even from the last topic you haven't learnt anything so fine sell it your regret it and i will laugh MUHA HA HA HA. lol after reading this i sound angry but i'm not i'm bored.
JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
To be honest, no one really cares...

but ok, thats nice
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
To be honesy i think the same as you, i have recently got in to warhawk which is pretty fun, mgs4 was amazing and uncharted was good, but really after that, everything else is pretty week