Saints Row 3 VS Grand Theft Auto 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xQuelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xQuelx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
So the other day when the GTA 5 trailer was released i watched it here on Gamespot and may i say GTA have come along way, but Saints Row:The Third still has my vote as being the best. Lets look at the Contrast of both: Both Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row deals with sex, drugs, First person shooter and both seems to have a awesome storyline in there own way. On the other hand Saints Row: The Third graphics are awesome but judgeing from the trailer of GTA5 i think Rockstar production has THQ beat between the two games. For goodness sakes i thought the mountains and the scenery were real when it first came on. Gameplay wise i think that SSTT storyline and buttons will be better and im not only saying that because im a Saints fan but because Its filled with Action, Action, Guns, Sex, Fun, Action, and more Action, and its awesome to add a friend and take over the city on CO-OP mode. Both games has a huge name and both are sure to have ALOT of pre-orders (Saints Row has already went way above any game pre-orders and now GTA5 has to match or beat it. Im pre-ordering my SR:TT today and you can be sure when GTA5 airs out,im pre-ordering that as well. What's Your Opinion about the two?
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
So the other day when the GTA 5 trailer was released i watched it here on Gamespot and may i say GTA have come along way, but Saints Row:The Third still has my vote as being the best. Lets look at the Contrast of both: Both Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row deals with sex, drugs, First person shooter and both seems to have a awesome storyline in there own way. On the other hand Saints Row: The Third graphics are awesome but judgeing from the trailer of GTA5 i think Rockstar production has THQ beat between the two games. For goodness sakes i thought the mountains and the scenery were real when it first came on. Gameplay wise i think that SSTT storyline and buttons will be better and im not only saying that because im a Saints fan but because Its filled with Action, Action, Guns, Sex, Fun, Action, and more Action, and its awesome to add a friend and take over the city on CO-OP mode. Both games has a huge name and both are sure to have ALOT of pre-orders (Saints Row has already went way above any game pre-orders and now GTA5 has to match or beat it. Im pre-ordering my SR:TT today and you can be sure when GTA5 airs out,im pre-ordering that as well. What's Your Opinion about the two?xQuelx
Neither GTA or Saint's Row are First Person Shooters.......secondly, it's all speculation.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I was a GTA fan for years, played (or watched my roomie play) every game on the PSOne, PSP, DS & PS2. I have them all. I thought that GTA:SA was pretty much the height of the series although I like the "Stories" entries and "Chinatown" very much. When I first saw "Saint's Row" I rolled my eyes, I thought 'Pretender'... But when I saw what GTA did on the PS3, I was not hyped. It looked fine, but there was something about it that seemed bland to me. So I didn't play it. I thought, like a lot of genres, I had saturated on the subject and the idea of a crime-spree game had just gotten old.

A few years into the system, I got a copy of "Saint's Row 2" because it was cheap and I wanted a crime-spree game but GTA was still holding it's value at resale and not holding my attention, so I took a chance after reading what some other forum members had said about the mechanics of the game, and the potty humor (sue me, I like potty humor), and got a copy of SR2.

From the shooting to the driving to the flair of the graphics, the character customization, the radio stations, the boats, the side missions and fetch quests, everything felt better to me; More fun to play and hang around in, even just driving around listening to the radio (which is something I did a ton of in GTAIII). I would drive down to the docks and watch the sunrise. It was fun just living in Liberty City and seeing what random stuff would happen in this world around you.

When I got into SR2, I suddenly felt that old feeling of "I wanna be here in this world" that I felt in the early days of GTA. I have come over to the SR camp after a long love affair with Rockstar that goes back to the top-down GTAs of yesteryear, but I am now FIRMLY in the Saint's Row camp.

"Saint's Row: The Third" for me, hands-down.

:D

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
GTA V of course
arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 arsenal262
Member since 2010 • 592 Posts

I was a GTA fan for years, played (or watched my roomie play) every game on the PSOne, PSP, DS & PS2. I have them all. I thought that GTA:SA was pretty much the height of the series although I like the "Stories" entries and "Chinatown" very much. When I first saw "Saint's Row" I rolled my eyes, I thought 'Pretender'... But when I saw what GTA did on the PS3, I was not hyped. It looked fine, but there was something about it that seemed bland to me. So I didn't play it. I thought, like a lot of genres, I had saturated on the subject and the idea of a crime-spree game had just gotten old.

A few years into the system, I got a copy of "Saint's Row 2" because it was cheap and I wanted a crime-spree game but GTA was still holding it's value at resale and not holding my attention, so I took a chance after reading what some other forum members had said about the mechanics of the game, and the potty humor (sue me, I like potty humor), and got a copy of SR2.

From the shooting to the driving to the flair of the graphics, the character customization, the radio stations, the boats, the side missions and fetch quests, everything felt better to me; More fun to play and hang around in, even just driving around listening to the radio (which is something I did a ton of in GTAIII). I would drive down to the docks and watch the sunrise. It was fun just living in Liberty City and seeing what random stuff would happen in this world around you.

When I got into SR2, I suddenly felt that old feeling of "I wanna be here in this world" that I felt in the early days of GTA. I have come over to the SR camp after a long love affair with Rockstar that goes back to the top-down GTAs of yesteryear, but I am now FIRMLY in the Saint's Row camp.

"Saint's Row: The Third" for me, hands-down.

:D

MonkeySpot

dude, play gta 4 it has more depth than th others, the best open world ever and when you start playing you wont stop. also play the balled of gay tony if you miss the flair of old.

leo_andres_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 leo_andres_21
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

I have been a GTA fan through and through since my first GTA game, which was Vice City

San Andreas was really expansive and the best so far, but IV had it moments and was definitely a good addition in the franchise.

But I have never touched a Saints Row game before, maybe I will rent out SR3 as it is shaping up to be some good fun.

However, in the end, if I had to choose between the two, I will always pay full price for a GTA game, not so much SR

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

Grand Theft Auto V for me. I have been a fan from the beginning and I'm really looking forward to a return to Los Santos. Saints Row3 looks pretty interesting too though.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

For me GTA will always be #1.

It's important to remember that Saints Row is not simply a "me too" copy, it is its own game and a good one.

I will get both and enjoy them.

There will be plenty of time to enjoy SR3 before GTA5, so there is no need to choose.

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts
I know GTA 5 and SR3 are very similar games, but they're still completely different to me. I will love both games, and I will get both. I find it unnecessary to determine which one is "better" when I'm going to buy both. To me though, Saints Row has always been a notch below GTA in general. GTA has always been on the more realistic side, where Saints Row is a little (maybe a lot) more cartoony and arcade like. Like I said though I'm getting both so I really don't usually compare the two.
jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

Like MC-Reap said you cant compare the two series as they are different even though they are sand box games. GTA is serious while Saints row is comic i love both for different reasons but i like GTA better as it is more realistic

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

So the other day when the GTA 5 trailer was released i watched it here on Gamespot and may i say GTA have come along way, but Saints Row:The Third still has my vote as being the best. Lets look at the Contrast of both: Both Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row deals with sex, drugs, First person shooter and both seems to have a awesome storyline in there own way. On the other hand Saints Row: The Third graphics are awesome but judgeing from the trailer of GTA5 i think Rockstar production has THQ beat between the two games. For goodness sakes i thought the mountains and the scenery were real when it first came on. Gameplay wise i think that SSTT storyline and buttons will be better and im not only saying that because im a Saints fan but because Its filled with Action, Action, Guns, Sex, Fun, Action, and more Action, and its awesome to add a friend and take over the city on CO-OP mode. Both games has a huge name and both are sure to have ALOT of pre-orders (Saints Row has already went way above any game pre-orders and now GTA5 has to match or beat it. Im pre-ordering my SR:TT today and you can be sure when GTA5 airs out,im pre-ordering that as well. What's Your Opinion about the two?xQuelx

I would like to know where you have that the sales numbers of Saints row have every other game beat? if Saints Row 2 numbers are anything to go by it hasnt even hit the 1mill mark. GTA IV sold 6mill and 3.9mill on the first day, GTA - SA sold 17mill and outdid any other game. Also you cant really compare the two games anymore, after GTA SA wiped the floor with Saints row 2, the devs behind Saints has taken a whole different route then GTA has, GTA SA was close to each other but GTA IV took the game into a more mature route, while Saints row 3 has gone the completely other way and has gone for a comic game which doesnt take itself serious or expect anyone else to do it. Also Graphic wise GTA Iv has beat Saints row by miles. But with that said Saints Row is a fun game if your into that kid stuff, and GTA is a game if you like story, graphics and more realisme.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I think Saint's Row 3 looks a bit too silly as I prefer the serious tone of GTA...but I do have Saint's Row 2 and will probably get 3 eventually. At the risk of being redundant, they are very different games and one cannot compare them. It would be like say, comparing Assassin's Creed with Metal Gear Solid.
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Saints Row The Third looks cool and all, and I did enjoy Saints Row 2, but GTA5 will murder it.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts
lol, theres no competition, saints row only got any fame when GTA4 was still a PS3 excusive to it *had* to be better than GTA. Hell i remember comparrisons betwen saints row and SA ON THE PS2!!! saying how much better saints row was and all... so yeah, like hanslacher54 says "GTA5 will murder it."
xQuelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xQuelx
my bad about saying the first shooter games. Other games were running through my head
xQuelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xQuelx

I think that that the best GTA game that was produced by Rockstar was SA. THQ's Saints row came into the gamig industry kinda of weak with the first series that was featured on the xbox 360. But in due time everything has gotten better from the second one and sure to be the third on. I also love hw they made all three games kinda link to each other smoothly. Most ps3 players havent played the first one but luckly i had a 360 before i got the ps3.

and good decision by the way

xQuelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xQuelx
I perfera game with faster movement, and saints row has proved that it can be better and will stay better and the facts about ss2 selling is off the charts and i did the research.
xQuelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xQuelx

I have been a GTA fan through and through since my first GTA game, which was Vice City

San Andreas was really expansive and the best so far, but IV had it moments and was definitely a good addition in the franchise.

But I have never touched a Saints Row game before, maybe I will rent out SR3 as it is shaping up to be some good fun.

However, in the end, if I had to choose between the two, I will always pay full price for a GTA game, not so much SR

leo_andres_21
I think you should start from saints row 2 if you have a ps3 and if you have a 360 then start from saints row one. By jmping straight into Saints Row: The Third you are going to feel a little confuse about the characters and the role that each one play such as the returnning ones pierce, shaundi, and the man witht the guns and everyones favorite Jonny Gat. But if you want to hop right in on the third one, it still will feel your intrest in my opinion.
xQuelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xQuelx
I was quoting on the Pre-order facts. Saints Row:The Third Pre-orders is the most in the franchise. Look it up. And both games are good and feed my intrest, so im getting both not really comparing the two.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i prefer gtav but iam fan of saints row series
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#21 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I was a fan of the GTA games I've played all of them but GTAIV was disappointing with Niko who is such a boring character I thought the Ballad of Gay Tony was better and Lost and Damned at least Luis and Johnny have more of a personality. I'd even choose Chinatown Wars over GTAIV at least the story was funny. San Andreas is still the best game in the series. The thing is though when finishing both of the Liberty City Stories I never wanted to go back and play it again however with San Andreas I did.

I love the Saints Row series I thought the first game was quite weak but Volition really stepped it up with Saints Row 2. The thing is with Saints Row 2 is you have plenty of side missions with insurance fraud being my favorite, you can throw people, you have pimps chasing you with pimp shotgun canes, CO-OP, create your own character, a wide variety of weapons, customize, your car, etc. The thing is Saints Row 2 has plenty to do and it's over the top it's all about having fun and having a laugh and it doesn't take a realistic approach and it doesn't take it's self seriously. Saints Row 2 is one game I can play again and still have fun.

I like the Saints Row series better to be honest and I will be getting Saints Row The Third on release but I might get GTAV when ever it's out as I do like the San Andreas map.

dragonzw2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dragonzw2c
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts

until gta v is released....saint row holds the crown...but True Crime:hong kong will replace both lmao

arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 arsenal262

until gta v is released....saint row holds the crown...but True Crime:hong kong will replace both lmao

dragonzw2c

TC:HK has been cancelled.

dragonzw2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dragonzw2c
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonzw2c"]

arsenal262

yes it has been but it is now reborn
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
We barely know anything about GTAV excluding where its taking place in, so neither gets my vote at the moment.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#26 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I was quoting on the Pre-order facts. Saints Row:The Third Pre-orders is the most in the franchise. Look it up. And both games are good and feed my intrest, so im getting both not really comparing the two.xQuelx

Well, there you have it, you didnt say highest in the franchise in the first post, but considering that GTA is 4 years old and Saints row is new it is not surprising also since Saints row 2 barely sold a million copies.

gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

Grand Theft Auto V for sure! some people complain about the realism but i loved how GTA IV was incredibly realistic and the story and charcters came together along with the gameplay to make one of my favourite games. GTA V just from the trailer looks to be incredibly and my anticipation for this is incredibly high, i hope they keep the realism because it doesnt make the game boring it makes the game look better, play better, and more enjoyable. IN MY OPINION!

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#28 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Saints Row 3 will be nothing compared to what GTA V will revolutionize in the genre.

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts
Always been a huge GTA fan so V takes my vote I just think Rockstar is going to have a hard time making a better character then Niko Bellic he was epic.
Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

I just looooove how people are proclaming liking one game better than the other, when none has been released yet.

Saints Row 3 will be nothing compared to what GTA V will revolutionize in the genre.

Venom_Raptor

That's some crystal ball you have there, to conclude that based on one trailer.

4knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 4knife
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts
this two games are really good but i'm very sure GTA V is better than Saints Row 3
ballsosteal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ballsosteal
the only reason Gta V is favored is because it came out before Saints Row. I'm sure if it was the other way around, you would give more praise towards Saint Row
arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 arsenal262

the only reason Gta V is favored is because it came out before Saints Row. I'm sure if it was the other way around, you would give more praise towards Saint Rowballsosteal

I know what you're saying but gta 5 isn't released.

ballsosteal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ballsosteal
well by this I meant the entire series of Gta rather than the 5th one
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm looking forward to saints row 3.

arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 arsenal262

well by this I meant the entire series of Gta rather than the 5th oneballsosteal

I know, its just for the sake of people who dont know.:)

xQuelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xQuelx

[QUOTE="xQuelx"]So the other day when the GTA 5 trailer was released i watched it here on Gamespot and may i say GTA have come along way, but Saints Row:The Third still has my vote as being the best. Lets look at the Contrast of both: Both Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row deals with sex, drugs, First person shooter and both seems to have a awesome storyline in there own way. On the other hand Saints Row: The Third graphics are awesome but judgeing from the trailer of GTA5 i think Rockstar production has THQ beat between the two games. For goodness sakes i thought the mountains and the scenery were real when it first came on. Gameplay wise i think that SSTT storyline and buttons will be better and im not only saying that because im a Saints fan but because Its filled with Action, Action, Guns, Sex, Fun, Action, and more Action, and its awesome to add a friend and take over the city on CO-OP mode. Both games has a huge name and both are sure to have ALOT of pre-orders (Saints Row has already went way above any game pre-orders and now GTA5 has to match or beat it. Im pre-ordering my SR:TT today and you can be sure when GTA5 airs out,im pre-ordering that as well. What's Your Opinion about the two?Jacanuk

I would like to know where you have that the sales numbers of Saints row have every other game beat? if Saints Row 2 numbers are anything to go by it hasnt even hit the 1mill mark. GTA IV sold 6mill and 3.9mill on the first day, GTA - SA sold 17mill and outdid any other game. Also you cant really compare the two games anymore, after GTA SA wiped the floor with Saints row 2, the devs behind Saints has taken a whole different route then GTA has, GTA SA was close to each other but GTA IV took the game into a more mature route, while Saints row 3 has gone the completely other way and has gone for a comic game which doesnt take itself serious or expect anyone else to do it. Also Graphic wise GTA Iv has beat Saints row by miles. But with that said Saints Row is a fun game if your into that kid stuff, and GTA is a game if you like story, graphics and more realisme.

look at which one came out first. SA is spuper old compared to saints row 2
xQuelx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xQuelx

[QUOTE="dragonzw2c"]

arsenal262

lol yea i seen the trailer, that game is going to be great
Jager117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jager117
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
they are third person not first