Rumor Patrol: Sony Won't 'Rule Out' PS3 Price Reduction

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jockss2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Jockss2
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Sony/Hardware/High-Def_Gaming/High-Def_Retailing/PlayStation_3/Rumor_Patrol:_Sony_Wont_Rule_Out_PS3_Price_Reduction/683

This could be good for the ps3...even though i already have one and it would kind of suck to see it drop in price from a personal standpoint it would be great for the system and the sales would jump.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
If they reduce the price and more people buy the system you will end up benefitting from it. More games will come to the system and more gamers will have the system for the online games and Home to make them better.
Jockss2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Jockss2
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts

If they reduce the price and more people buy the system you will end up benefiting from it. More games will come to the system and more gamers will have the system for the online games and Home to make them better.
diggyzoom

yeah, definitely but im just saying maybe for the first 24 hours i would say damn it already dropped and i spent $600.

also if somebody is on the fence of buying a ps3, they are now going to wait im sure so ps3 sales should be low until a drop

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zeeerrr
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
thats great that they are considering a price reduction.  At the very least they aren't ruling it out.
justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

I dont even see why u guys bought a PS3 and are waiten 4 them to come down in price, PS3,s are a **** piece of overhyped plastic, anne who has one is a bit b**t !lewnixy

haha, this dude is such a garbage piece.

bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 bluewrxman
Member since 2004 • 1799 Posts
were you not hugged enough as a child?
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

Is tht the best u can think of u ****** goon !

lewnixy
ok who let the troll in??!?!?!?! whats wrong??!?!?!? is the 360 running a slight fever 2day??
justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts
it is quite funny that he is not playing his gameboy...which he believes is superior to the PS3 :P i feel kinda bad for him.
BulletProof007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BulletProof007
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts
There is no question in my mind that a price reduction is needed to help Sony move more units but the bigger question is would a 100 dallor reduction be enough to move that many more  ?  I think that it would move some but I am afraid that 500 dallors will still be too expensive for most.  I think the PS3 is a fantastic piece of electronics that may have been just a bit ahead of its time.  When hi-def TV's are more the norm the PS3 will be cheaper and it will sell like crazy.  The only problem is that may be a year or two away proving that the PS3 is indeed future proof.  Its just got to make it through the next year or so and I think it will really take off.  I am getting ready to buy one myself with a price cut or not.  It took me longer to save to get one but I'm almost there.