Rumor: A new Final Fantasy Exclusive for the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for football_legend
football_legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 football_legend
Member since 2007 • 1913 Posts

The latest 1UP E3 wrap-up podcast (which runs for a more-than-lengthy 3 hours) has divulged some information on the possibility of a new PlayStation 3 exclusive from Square Enix. Towards the end of the podcast, Shane states that he has been speaking to representatives from Square Enix, who have told him that "Final Fantasy XIII on 360 announcement swung the ball towards Microsoft. At Square Enix's Japan event in 2 weeks, they will swing the ball back towards Sony".

The reason Shane was questioning the event, was due to plans for large announcements regarding the Blu-ray release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Square could possibly be announcing a remake of Final Fantasy VII for PS3, a Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children game for PS3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS3, or another brand new title.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
:lol: I knew it if we don't have a thread about FF VII everyday something is wrong, anyway their event is almost here and I can't wait for their big announcement.
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts

:lol: I knew it if we don't have a thread about FF VII everyday something is wrong, anyway their event is almost here and I can't wait for their big announcement.Star650

lol

Wtf?! there's no thread bout ffvii?!! MUSSTTT.... MAKKEE.E. RUMMORRS....

ZonChau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZonChau
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
If there's a Final Fantasy VII remake or a Final Fantasy VII: Advent Child game I would be mad. We don't need a remake of FFVII the original was you love it or hate it. And also, we have enough games about Final Fantasy 7 we got Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerebus already.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
Brace for disappointment.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ea874e06483b
deactivated-5ea874e06483b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5ea874e06483b
Member since 2006 • 2896 Posts

[QUOTE="Star650"]:lol: I knew it if we don't have a thread about FF VII everyday something is wrong, anyway their event is almost here and I can't wait for their big announcement.SikKwuN

lol

Haha, yeah. :lol: Well let's see that BIG announcement.
Foxhound_spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Foxhound_spy
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
[QUOTE="SikKwuN"]

[QUOTE="Star650"]:lol: I knew it if we don't have a thread about FF VII everyday something is wrong, anyway their event is almost here and I can't wait for their big announcement.Primo295

lol

Haha, yeah. :lol: Well let's see that BIG announcement.

I hope it`s not like Capcom lame annoucement last year. Remember when they promised a big annoucement that will make PS3 owners happy ? My thought first it will be a brand new IP exclusive for PS3............. And taaadaaaa..........

They proudly annouced that an old game, LOST PLANET with EA quality port will come to PS3 after more than a year and they expect PS3 owners will be happy about it................

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
People please stop making Final Fantasy threads, just to reduce the pain of those burnt by the 360 getting in a some FF action. Just let it go, and please stop with these rumors that we all know will never come to light.
Melkari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Melkari
Member since 2004 • 595 Posts
After the Capcom thing, I've stopped believing companies when they say things like, "They'll change their minds about us when..." It'll probably be FFVII on PSN. I'm sure it'll make some people that don't have a copy happy, but hardly the kind of thing a lot of people are wanting to hear. Best not to get worked up. If it does turn out to be something huge, it'll be more rewarding.
AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AaronHullLfc
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts
People please stop making Final Fantasy threads, just to reduce the pain of those burnt by the 360 getting in a some FF action. Just let it go, and please stop with these rumors that we all know will never come to light.gamer082009
Oh **** it's the beeman. Quick, get out of here while you still can!
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
People please stop making Final Fantasy threads, just to reduce the pain of those burnt by the 360 getting in a some FF action. Just let it go, and please stop with these rumors that we all know will never come to light.gamer082009
Beeman! For your sake...since you're infamous here, I hope you're right.
Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts
Call me optimistic but, its hard for me to believe Square will never remake this Final Fantasy or atleast put it on PSN. I'll wait for the release of FF13(because apparently their too busy with this game to think about a FF7 remake) to believe any "FF7 remake coming" or "FF7 definately never coming" rumours.
Freeglader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Freeglader
Member since 2006 • 408 Posts
Interesting, but I'll be suprised if it happens. I'm sure I saw a interview once that said final fantasy 7 would only be remade if the entire original team were together (can't remember who said it now). Anyways I'd love to see it happen, but so far all the PS3 has exclusive-wise is FF versus 13...
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
The Big announcement could be....FFXXX for PS7 announced :o Sony finally decided to secure a title.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
i hope its about 7 itself not the movie. It'll probably be FFVII movie on blu-ray lol.
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Roushrsh

i hope its about 7 itself not the movie. It'll probably be FFVII movie on blu-ray lol.SiKh22

That already got announced. They are announcing this " BIG" announcement with FF7 on bluray so it can't be it.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

Whatever final fantasyh it is. I'm looking forward to it. It may have been a shocker when ff13 became multiplat. The other rpgs on the 360 will make their way to ps3.

cosmicwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 cosmicwave
Member since 2005 • 1237 Posts

Brace for disappointment.AnFangs_Endes

that's what i would say even though i'm a fan.

xbingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xbingx
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

ok...!

so whats the "another brand new title" for FF that you mentioned...cuz that the biggest thing i want to know

waheeb2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 waheeb2020
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

the BIG thing will be FFXIII versus on WII

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Roushrsh

the BIG thing will be FFXIII versus on WII

waheeb2020

Nah, it'll go to GBA since it has sold more in NA, after all they moved to 360 because of its install base in NA.

djHaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 djHaQ
Member since 2005 • 1872 Posts
Versus 13 was already confirmed exclusive to PS3.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Symphonycometh
Versus 13 was already confirmed exclusive to PS3.djHaQ
Just like Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed, among others. I wonder how that turned out.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Can't wait till SE's event then.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

[QUOTE="djHaQ"]Versus 13 was already confirmed exclusive to PS3.Symphonycometh
Just like Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed, among others. I wonder how that turned out.

One would assume that they're indeed exclusives..

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts
wow....so this is what u guys do??? "oh, ffiivs not coming out until years, miht as wel make rumors about another FF game 4 years from now"
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="djHaQ"]Versus 13 was already confirmed exclusive to PS3.Symphonycometh

http://www.finalfantasyseries.net/versus-final-fantasys-first-m-rating

With Microsoft's acquisition of Final Fantasy XIII many FF fans whom appear to be emotionally attached to the marriage of Final Fantasy and the PlayStation are now turning to the other next gen title in the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection. We reported earlier that when asked if Final Fantasy Versus XIII would be a multi platform release Shinji Hashimoto's response was a flat, closed ended, no.

------------

As it stands the game is a PS3 exclusive

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Symphonycometh
Yes it is. Versus is indeed exclusive. My point however, to better phrase my sentence, was: "For now".
jpridgen0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29 jpridgen0
Member since 2005 • 1864 Posts
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]Yes it is. Versus is indeed exclusive. My point however, to better phrase my sentence, was: "For now".

yup
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alwayspureblood

Yes it is. Versus is indeed exclusive. My point however, to better phrase my sentence, was: "For now".Symphonycometh

Hahahahaha!!

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Brace for disappointment.AnFangs_Endes

QFT.

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
OMGLOLWTFBBQ sauce
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 eklineage
i would like a final fantasy 4 or 6... the new final fantasies that have been out lately are sort of disappointing.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
I heard they may be unveiling a new CG movie. Again "heard," so we'll have to wait to see.
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alwayspureblood

I heard they may be unveiling a new CG movie. Again "heard," so we'll have to wait to see.Prinze

Ugh, I hope not, I'm so tired of them already, especially if its ANOTHER FF7 movie.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#36 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Um, as far as I knew, basically while FF XIII will be multi-plat, Versus XIII is still slated for PS3 only. And given their recent cock-ups with those surrounding games around FF7 (Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, et al), I'm almost afraid of what Sqeenix would do with the real FF 7.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
well i didn't blame square enix for doing what they did, i was more pissed at sony. but sony should do something for its fanboys. if this is true then i'm glad for sony.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
why would they all of a sudden swing the ball back to sony after what they did already? is square two face now?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#39 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
why would they all of a sudden swing the ball back to sony after what they did already? is square two face now?blazinpuertoroc
You act like this is a new thing for Square. They "betrayed" Nintendo first of all with Final Fantasy 7, because FF7 was originally intended to be on a Nintendo console (likely the n64), but they went to the PlayStation. Now they "betray" Sony by going multi-platform for FF 13. Except, not really... PS3 is still getting Final Fantasy 13. All this means is that Square wants to make more money, and chose to do so by making it appear on the two consoles most likely to be able to handle the game. Nothing more, nothing less. It'd only be a true betrayal (and I use the term loosely) if they went MIcrosoft-only for all of the FF 13 games (core, Vs., et al), or double-backed and made 13 available only on the Wii. They didn't. They (Square-Enix) just want to give the game the chance to make as much money as possible.
sr0586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sr0586
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts
Is it me or was it fishy that they didn't have new CG to show or more info about the game itself at the e3 show? Maybe they been working on the remake and used 13 as a deversion cause they didn't announce a date or year. Unless I missed it due to a boring MS press conference.
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 alwayspureblood
I'm still hoping they've been working on the remake while also working on 13. I'll wait for the "shocking" FF7 news first.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

As exciting as this may be, I won't believe it becuase it's a rumor, and I don't ever trust them (I usually end up heart-broken:()

But I'll be cautiously optimistic:)

SfGiants11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#43 SfGiants11
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts
Whatever it is, it's definitely gonna be something exciting
kazuya_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 kazuya_m
Member since 2004 • 1752 Posts

Wait a sec! 3 big projects at once! That's even too much for a company like SE. Keep in mind there are several other IPs which are already developed parallel with those two major FFXIII games. And they hardly manage to develope them at ther same speed! FFXIII Versus is still far from actual gameplay vids. And now you think that SE is going to put their efford into another major game title, FFVII??? It's very hard to believe that SE is already trying to develope TWO bluckbuster games at once. Do they really have a third developement studio that does have enough time and quality to make a third bluckbuster?

And, by the way. All masterminds are already working on FXIII, so who will make FVII Remake then?

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
its either FFXIIIVS or FFVII
sr0586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sr0586
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

Wait a sec! 3 big projects at once! That's even too much for a company like SE. Keep in mind there are several other IPs which are already developed parallel with those two major FFXIII games. And they hardly manage to develope them at ther same speed! FFXIII Versus is still far from actual gameplay vids. And now you think that SE is going to put their efford into another major game title, FFVII??? It's very hard to believe that SE is already trying to develope TWO bluckbuster games at once. Do they really have a third developement studio that does have enough time and quality to make a third bluckbuster?

And, by the way. All masterminds are already working on FXIII, so who will make FVII Remake then?

kazuya_m

That what make this rumor intresting is that the FF 7 remake CG was shown long before FF 13 and VS was announced just to show the potential of the PS3. Maybe they have been working on it. Plus a full year past by and no new vid for FF 13? That not like SE.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

kazuya_m
Just wondering how do you know if versus is or isn't able to play in gameplay....We haven't even seen in game gameplay videos of FFXIII only screenshots. Imo Versus isn't as far behind development as FFXIII as we might believe(don't even bring up the whole joke 2 years back with FFXIII 13.3% done while VS 1.33%). I'm just anticipating the return of controllable Airships because of Nomura's statement last november which he stated they did a test of the Airship on the world map.
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
I can't wait for the show! It'll be awesome when they don't announce it and everyone here starts whining.
Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
I'm guessing it's some info on Versus since it's been in development for awhile now and we still know next to nothing about it.
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 eklineage
another exclusive ff game would be nice... or that versus is coming this september. I can only hope lol.