Rogue Legacy Controls on Vita are awful

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

The down attack is the real culprit. The controls don't really allow for great control over your down attack, and half the time I ended up doing a forward attack and taking a hit.

I'm on the up side of 50+ heirs, trying to kill the first boss at level 15. It's a pain, it's not fun, and it's largely because of godawful controls. I figured out the pattern of the boss ages ago. You stay on the floor for easier dodging but less damage, and you go in the circle pattern to avoid his rotating attack.

Problem is, the ****ing ceiling is too low to just jump over him (which, by the way, is some really cheap design), so you have to do the down attack to bounce over him. Good. ****ing. Luck.

Up until Khidr, I loved the game. I died frequently, sometimes only got about 10 gold before biting it, but I had a good time. But this? This is just frustrating. It's not fun when the game mechanics are designed with intentional poorness.

Don't understand the hype. Is this one of those "if you hate it, you must be bad" things? Because seriously, even if you love the game you can still admit that the controls ****ing suck

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

You're doing it wrong. You're not supposed to go over that boss ever. Stay on the ground as much as possible. Walk from side to side to dodge his random assault of lasers and then when he spews projectiles in a circle jump to the side ledges until he's done and drop back down to repeat.

By the way, the down attack just require precision. Don't do it before you touch the enemy. You have to do it when your almost touching your target.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I think they are great!

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Essian said:

Don't understand the hype. Is this one of those "if you hate it, you must be bad" things?

Ha, yeah it is. The vita has been praised by many as the best platform to play RL on.