Rocksteady should tackle next....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

Superman! Think about it. They made the greatest comic book video game ever from a superhero with a lousy video game track record. Superman games have always managed to turn out craptastic (except for maybe "The Death & Return Of Superman") and this guys have made one hell of a game with Arkham Asylum. I think lightning could strike twice. If not Superman, then who? My other option if a Green Lantern game.

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Superman sucks.

Period.

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
ok, um stick to one. marvel or DC, i think marvel is to over rated let DC get some spot light, so i would go with green lanturn and umm superman is just lame he has everything, i would say wonder women with a outfit like ivy :P
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Ummm....they've done one good game. Let's not go overboard. :lol: It would take a miracle to make something cool, dark, and fun out of Superman.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 azzezino
Ummm....they've done one good game. Let's not go overboard. :lol: It would take a miracle to make something cool, dark, and fun out of Superman. raven_squad
They made Urban Chaos for the PS2 and I enjoyed that game quite a lot.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 azzezino
wow. why do people hate Superman so much?
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

Yea I would have to agree that Superman games suck not because of the game makers, but because Superman is too freakin powerful... I say they stick with Batman and make the next one co-op but not same screen co-op.

Get this: They make it where you and a friend hook up online and one of you is Batman of coarse and the other has a choice of Nightwing or little Robin.. I would say batgirl, but she can not be one because she is in a wheel chair...

anywho if they kept the same gaming mechanics but just switched it up a bit for the new characters and added more enemies on the screen at once it would be an awesome game sequel in my humble opinion.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Red...spandex....underwear. Really though, he's extremely lame to me because he always manages to develop powers out of thin air to overcome any odds stacked against him. It's just boring.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 baller72

wow. why do people hate Superman so much?azzezino

Because he has too much power... and his only weakness is from a planet that blew up and the only person that got any ounces of it is some rich bald guy...

Think about how you played tag as a kid and when you caught your friend or little brother or someone and they say no no no this tree is now base... and you are like wtf I never knew that... That's Superman in a nutshell...Anything goes

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 azzezino
[QUOTE="baller72"]

Yea I would have to agree that Superman games suck not because of the game makers, but because Superman is too freakin powerful... I say they stick with Batman and make the next one co-op but not same screen co-op.

Get this: They make it where you and a friend hook up online and one of you is Batman of coarse and the other has a choice of Nightwing or little Robin.. I would say batgirl, but she can not be one because she is in a wheel chair...

anywho if they kept the same gaming mechanics but just switched it up a bit for the new characters and added more enemies on the screen at once it would be an awesome game sequel in my humble opinion.

It's true that Superman is powerful, but in recent years his powers have been tonned down a little to make the hero more relatable and basically throw more challenges at him.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 baller72

[QUOTE="baller72"]

azzezino

It's true that Superman is powerful, but in recent years his powers have been tonned down a little to make the hero more relatable and basically throw more challenges at him.

Like how??? is he still invincible? able to breath ice breath and Titanic winds? Is he able to fly and breath in space? Is he still super fast? Does he still have X-ray vision(except through titanium of coarse :roll: )? Does he still have super strength? Is he still extremely good looking? Isn't his closest family and friends still alive and well? Is his only weakness still only kryptonite?

I mean really this guy is too D##$ perfect...I do not ever think he will lose...EVER!!!

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 azzezino

[QUOTE="azzezino"][QUOTE="baller72"]

baller72

Like how??? is he still invincible? able to breath ice breath and Titanic winds? Is he able to fly and breath in space? Is he still super fast? Does he still have X-ray vision(except through titanium of coarse :roll: )? Does he still have super strength? Is he still extremely good looking? Isn't his closest family and friends still alive and well? Is his only weakness still only kryptonite?

I mean really this guy is too D##$ perfect...I do not ever think he will lose...EVER!!!

LOL :lol: WTH??? What does that have to do with anything??? Would you rather be saved by one of the mutants from "The Hills Have Eyes"???

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
lol dont know why ppl hate superman just cuz his powerful is kinda a stupid reason. i love batman, flash and superman, and green lantern these 4 are my fav. comic heros. i like the others but these id choose out of all of them, but i do agree with one thing, superman is so powerful its ahrd to make a superman game to be honest....wat are u going to throw at him really? only person he actually tried or had hard time with was doomsday. superman uses wat like 5% of his power for the rest of the enemies lol. so yea i think they shouldnt make a superman game unless is somethin like a batman, and pull a miracle out of their behind to make it, but i do love superman game if they actually nail it like they did batman: A.A
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 azzezino
lol dont know why ppl hate superman just cuz his powerful is kinda a stupid reason. i love batman, flash and superman, and green lantern these 4 are my fav. comic heros. i like the others but these id choose out of all of them, but i do agree with one thing, superman is so powerful its ahrd to make a superman game to be honest....wat are u going to throw at him really? only person he actually tried or had hard time with was doomsday. superman uses wat like 5% of his power for the rest of the enemies lol. so yea i think they shouldnt make a superman game unless is somethin like a batman, and pull a miracle out of their behind to make it, but i do love superman game if they actually nail it like they did batman: A.AJoKeR_421
Finally, someone that likes Superman. Anyway, there's not only Doomsday but General Zod, Mongol, Toy Man, Metallo, Bizarro, Brainiac, Eradicator, Lobo, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Parasite, Solomon Grundy, and best of all Darkseid.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
i think rocksteady should feel proud of wat they have accomplished with Arkham Asylum and move to a different genre of game instead of using the same template with different heroes... maybe a third person shooter or 3D platformer....
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 azzezino
i think rocksteady should feel proud of wat they have accomplished with Arkham Asylum and move to a different genre of game instead of using the same template with different heroes... maybe a third person shooter or 3D platformer....yarou1000
or a sequel or re-imagining of Urban Chaos.
CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts

Superman sucks.

Period.

Unknown_Hero3
Superman sucks **** (then the period).
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 baller72

[QUOTE="baller72"]

[QUOTE="azzezino"] It's true that Superman is powerful, but in recent years his powers have been tonned down a little to make the hero more relatable and basically throw more challenges at him.azzezino

LOL :lol: WTH??? What does that have to do with anything???

LMAO I just wanted to make sure you were readin... but seriously if he had like a messed up look or if he was disfigured or something then I would be like ok this guy has all this power, but he looks like swap thing. That is an even trade off. But I mean Superman gets the girl, keeps his family, and has the powers... I mean really what is his motivation? lol

I mean this has been my beef with DC all along... They always make their hero's too powerful... You only have a few that have sad stories or some drama behind them like Spawn or Batman...I still would watch a DC movie or read a comic in a heartbeat though, cause they make some interesting tales.

And not to leave Marvel out the loop. Marvel always have some good drama and interesting stories as to how they got thiers powers, but they can be kinda corney at times... lol Dr. Doom... need I say more.

I guess in short I like Superman to watch, but I would not care to play as him unless... UNLESS get this...

Lex luther made it where he lost all his powers and as the game progresses he gains his abilities one at a time... and give him some motivation like kill his girlfriend or parents or something... I know I might sound sick or something, but the best games and stories are always ones with some sort of lost

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]lol dont know why ppl hate superman just cuz his powerful is kinda a stupid reason. i love batman, flash and superman, and green lantern these 4 are my fav. comic heros. i like the others but these id choose out of all of them, but i do agree with one thing, superman is so powerful its ahrd to make a superman game to be honest....wat are u going to throw at him really? only person he actually tried or had hard time with was doomsday. superman uses wat like 5% of his power for the rest of the enemies lol. so yea i think they shouldnt make a superman game unless is somethin like a batman, and pull a miracle out of their behind to make it, but i do love superman game if they actually nail it like they did batman: A.Aazzezino
Finally, someone that likes Superman. Anyway, there's not only Doomsday but General Zod, Mongol, Toy Man, Metallo, Bizarro, Brainiac, Eradicator, Lobo, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Parasite, Solomon Grundy, and best of all Darkseid.

yea thats true, but the thing is, they toned down supermans power by alot. i mean i used to have his seasons and wat not form back in the day and look at superman now? its like his half the man he is now then he used to be back then. superman can take all those guys out like nothin. they did make him abit weaker.

but i dont know. i guess we have to wait and see wat happens. all i know that al the other superman games i played really let me down big time. i just hope that if they do make a superman game thats dark and maybe funny like batman game they made.(not exactly like it but at least make it look adn play good as batman did) then ill look into it. thats one thing they couldnt figure or nail it. is how to make a superman game. i really do hope they make a good superman game. like i said hes one of my fav super heros so yea. guess we have to wait and see

P.S superman always and i mean always held back when fightin his enemies dont why. they try to destroy the world and him, but thats why i said only doomsday gave him a challenge. cuz he really can take the rest like it was nothin.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 azzezino

[QUOTE="azzezino"]

[QUOTE="baller72"]

baller72

LOL :lol: WTH??? What does that have to do with anything???

LMAO I just wanted to make sure you were readin... but seriously if he had like a messed up look or if he was disfigured or something then I would be like ok this guy has all this power, but he looks like swap thing. That is an even trade off. But I mean Superman gets the girl, keeps his family, and has the powers... I mean really what is his motivation? lol

I mean this has been my beef with DC all along... They always make their hero's too powerful... You only have a few that have sad stories or some drama behind them like Spawn or Batman...I still would watch a DC movie or read a comic in a heartbeat though, cause they make some interesting tales.

And not to leave Marvel out the loop. Marvel always have some good drama and interesting stories as to how they got thiers powers, but they can be kinda corney at times... lol Dr. Doom... need I say more.

I guess in short I like Superman to watch, but I would not care to play as him unless... UNLESS get this...

Lex luther made it where he lost all his powers and as the game progresses he gains his abilities one at a time... and give him some motivation like kill his girlfriend or parents or something... I know I might sound sick or something, but the best games and stories are always ones with some sort of lost

That could work. Maybe even start the game with the death of of someone really important to him and let him go all apes*** and whatnot.

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
wow. why do people hate Superman so much?azzezino
Because it is impossible to identify with a perfect character.
RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

its not the fact that sups is lame its just the fact that he's to damn strong the only way a superman game would work is if he was fighting supervillans the whole game thugs with guns arn't going to stop him unless the have kryptonite bullets a knife is not going to cut him no ordinary enemy is going to be able to stand toe to toe with him and win

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Well I'd want them to do another Batman game for starters. Superman is too powerful to create interesting gameplay around and I don't see how Green Lantern's powers would actually work in a game. It'd be cool if they could make a proper Watchmen game with the amount of detail and variety that they put into Batman.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Nah, I think they should do Spiderman or X-Men next, just to spite DC.

--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 --Sinister--
Member since 2006 • 3136 Posts
[QUOTE="azzezino"]

[QUOTE="baller72"]

It's true that Superman is powerful, but in recent years his powers have been tonned down a little to make the hero more relatable and basically throw more challenges at him.azzezino

LOL :lol: WTH??? What does that have to do with anything??? Would you rather be saved by one of the mutants from "The Hills Have Eyes"???

Watch 'Doomsday'
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

[QUOTE="azzezino"]wow. why do people hate Superman so much?edthetinker
Because it is impossible to identify with a perfect character.

exactly, hes a character that has very little faults if any at all. Batman and spiderman are interesting because of their problems and it gives them much more depth as characters, and I feel alot of DC characters have this problem of being to perfect which makes them rather stale, batman is one of the only exceptions.

custerke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 custerke
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

I freakin hate Superman, its a gay superhero. Srry all Superman fans :P I've just never like the guy, I prefer Spiderman instead.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I would rather have a Spiderman game

He has the most supervillans

Kaine666_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Kaine666_2
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
i think rocksteady should feel proud of wat they have accomplished with Arkham Asylum and move to a different genre of game instead of using the same template with different heroes... maybe a third person shooter or 3D platformer....yarou1000
I agree with this, but i want them to make a sequel to B:AA because its a good fanchise. But i wanna see them do something original aswell, now they have had exp with a big AAA title, it should be good.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Superman sucks.

Period.

I'm glad we all agree! Superman sucks. The entire game would be way too easy unless every single enemy had kryptonite and/or Superman wasn't invincible. Either way, both those options suck. Every Superman game EVER has sucked.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

You can't make something cool out of Superman. Not possible.