Resistance Vita - Why all the hate???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ch_ris127
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts

Just as soon as it's released, the game's been slaughtered with below-average and average reviews from mad critics. There's only been less than a handful of good reviews. The game's not that bad, and it's really worrying if they keep this up - imagine if the sales of the Vita can't increase because people keep on believing these bs reviews? Instead of criticizing the games so early on, I think they're supposed to try and support them instead. Give the system a chance, ya know.

Anyways, are you guys still gonna get Resistance even after reading those reviews? What do you think about them?

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
the game isnt anything special. i'd say its mediocre at everything including thrills. i'd give it a solid 7.0. but i'm definately enjoying it. worth the price of admission
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I would have no interest in another Resistance game on consoles, to be honest, so the idea of a stripped down Vita version using its slightly awkward analog sticks is not an exciting prospect. I have no interest in any FPS games on my Vita, either, despite it having dual analog sticks. Give me some fresh, creative new stuff please. More Gravity Rush, less generic sci-fi shooter X.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
So you're saying Reviewers should lie about how they feel about a game in order to boost sales for it?
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I would have no interest in another Resistance game on consoles, to be honest, so the idea of a stripped down Vita version using its slightly awkward analog sticks is not an exciting prospect. I have no interest in any FPS games on my Vita, either, despite it having dual analog sticks. Give me some fresh, creative new stuff please. More Gravity Rush, less generic sci-fi shooter X.

ill take both, kthx
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Its the best game I've ever played. Highly recommend it

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

I'm playing the demo right now. It's alright. Never actually played the other Resistance games before.

ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ch_ris127

I would have no interest in another Resistance game on consoles, to be honest, so the idea of a stripped down Vita version using its slightly awkward analog sticks is not an exciting prospect. I have no interest in any FPS games on my Vita, either, despite it having dual analog sticks. Give me some fresh, creative new stuff please. More Gravity Rush, less generic sci-fi shooter X.DJ_Lae

Well, that's personal preferences. I'm thinking that we need both generic shooters and new games in order for the Vita to succeed. Just look, when Monster Hunter comes out, sales are gonna boost like heck, and it's generic games like that which allows deveopers to make games like Gravity Rush (awesome game). We need the Vita to succeed, or developers won't give a darn about investing in aproduct that don't sell.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
Looks extremely boring and very ugly, apex of generic, lifeless and dull. No thanks.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I would have no interest in another Resistance game on consoles, to be honest, so the idea of a stripped down Vita version using its slightly awkward analog sticks is not an exciting prospect. I have no interest in any FPS games on my Vita, either, despite it having dual analog sticks. Give me some fresh, creative new stuff please. More Gravity Rush, less generic sci-fi shooter X.ch_ris127

Well, that's personal preferences. I'm thinking that we need both generic shooters and new games in order for the Vita to succeed. Just look, when Monster Hunter comes out, sales are gonna boost like heck, and it's generic games like that which allows deveopers to make games like Gravity Rush (awesome game). We need the Vita to succeed, or developers won't give a darn about investing in aproduct that don't sell.

we're getting a monster hunter for the vita?
ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ch_ris127

we're getting a monster hunter for the vita?danish-death

There's been loads of rumors on that, and Play.com had leaked news about a Monster Hunter Portable 3 or something, although it's been removed due to Capcom's wishes. It's still unclear, but everybody in the industry's saying that Monster Hunter will have to come out, cause that's a huge game, particularly in Japan. It's already there in all platforms including the 3DS, so it's just a matter of time for the PSV. Let's just hope it's not a port from a console. We'll just have to wait for E3 and pray!

ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ch_ris127

So you're saying Reviewers should lie about how they feel about a game in order to boost sales for it?Minishdriveby

Well, not lie completely, but I think that they should at least consider the situation rather than downright bashing them. Lying and giving the game a perfect score would be ridiculous, for sure.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I would have no interest in another Resistance game on consoles, to be honest, so the idea of a stripped down Vita version using its slightly awkward analog sticks is not an exciting prospect. I have no interest in any FPS games on my Vita, either, despite it having dual analog sticks. Give me some fresh, creative new stuff please. More Gravity Rush, less generic sci-fi shooter X.

Nothing wrong with that but I only play shooters racers and hack n slash regardless of the system I am on.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]So you're saying Reviewers should lie about how they feel about a game in order to boost sales for it?ch_ris127

Well, not lie completely, but I think that they should at least consider the situation rather than downright bashing them. Lying and giving the game a perfect score would be ridiculous, for sure.

Surely you're not advocating that people lie to help out Sony, Vita, or devs who put out subpar games? Why would anyone do that? Journalistic integrity has decreased enough over the years, don't you think?

Also, what exactly is "the situation"? The fact that there's an incredibly powerful and capable device in the Vita, and that the developers of this game, in the minds of many, put out a subpar product? Is that the situation to which you're referring?

If anyone is to be criticized it's those that put out subpar games. Not those that don't like it. Not those that don't buy it. And certainly not those that won't lie for subpar products.

Sorry, but if you're meaning what I think you're meaning, this is just absurd, IMO.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

A lot of people are tired of Resistance I guess. I still want the game because I love the series, don't really trust reveiws on this one and I think I'll like it.

ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ch_ris127

Surely you're not advocating that people lie to help out Sony, Vita, or devs who put out subpar games? Why would anyone do that? Journalistic integrity has decreased enough over the years, don't you think?

Also, what exactly is "the situation"? The fact that there's an incredibly powerful and capable device in the Vita, and that the developers of this game, in the minds of many, put out a subpar product? Is that the situation to which you're referring?

If anyone is to be criticized it's those that put out subpar games. Not those that don't like it. Not those that don't buy it. And certainly not those that won't lie for subpar products.

Sorry, but if you're meaning what I think you're meaning, this is just absurd, IMO.

nyc05

Nah, I don't mean it that way. Sure, the developers are to blame for subpar games, and I must admit that I'm being unreasonable to criticizing these critics. Everyone's got their own opinion, but it's just amazing how bad critics tend to overwhelm the internet nowadays (IGN, Gamespot right here). I don't mind that, just need to ignore it.

Sorry if I sounded that meant it the way you said it, I guess I'm just panicking about how the Vita will turn out to be. What with the failure of the Go, the lackluster sales and lack of interest, surely there must be a way to fix this? The subpar games and uber-bad reviews aren't helping either. For those who've invested on and bought the Vita already, it's a worry, and a big one at that.

I try to choose words properly, but sometimes they just slip out of hand and give the wrong impression :S, forgive me for that!

ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ch_ris127

nyc05

Nah, I don't mean it that way. Sure, the developers are to blame for subpar games, and I must admit that I'm being unreasonable to criticizing these critics. Everyone's got their own opinion, but it's just amazing how bad critics tend to overwhelm the internet nowadays (IGN, Gamespot right here). I don't mind that, just need to ignore it.

Sorry if I sounded that meant it the way you said it, I guess I'm just panicking about how the Vita will turn out to be. What with the failure of the Go, the lackluster sales and lack of interest, surely there must be a way to fix this? The subpar games and uber-bad reviews aren't helping either. For those who've invested on and bought the Vita already, it's a worry, and a big one at that.

I try to choose words properly, but sometimes they just slip out of hand and give the wrong impression :S, forgive me for that!

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I hate how I can't get into a match. :x Some people have some luck but apparently a firmware issue caused widespread connection errors. :x
Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

It's not hate if it's true. The game is mediocre and critics are responding with mediocre reviews. It happens.

I played the demo and, although it's not terrible, nothing about it would make me want to buy it. The grpahics are subpar, the story (or what little of it I saw) seemed cliche and forgettable, the sound effects are poor, the level design seems unimaginative and bland, and it lacks polish (like one reviewer said, it feels and looks almost like a pre-alpha build). And from what else we know about the game the campaign is very short, doesn't have great replayability and multiplayer is barebones and buggy.

How anyone can expect a game suffering from all of those issues to get anything other than mediocre reviews is beyond me.

Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

I wanted the game to succeed, but, being realistic, there was almost no way the game was gonna turn out great after how bad the game looked a few months ago. In Nihilistic's defense, they cleaned up quite a bit since then. Anyway, hopefully most of the people that bought it are satisfied with their purchase.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 p4s2p0

It's not hate if it's true. The game is mediocre and critics are responding with mediocre reviews. It happens.

I played the demo and, although it's not terrible, nothing about it would make me want to buy it. The grpahics are subpar, the story (or what little of it I saw) seemed cliche and forgettable, the sound effects are poor, the level design seems unimaginative and bland, and it lacks polish (like one reviewer said, it feels and looks almost like a pre-alpha build). And from what else we know about the game the campaign is very short, doesn't have great replayability and multiplayer is barebones and buggy.

How anyone can expect a game suffering from all of those issues to get anything other than mediocre reviews is beyond me.

Poncho_Hachacha
They removed a lot of features like text chat in lobby and clans. But otherwise story mode is good and its fun to play online so far
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I think it deserves that score.

Maybe next time they can think twice and create a better game.

The game looked terrible in the beginning and it looks terrible now. Terrible sfx, dull visuals that gives it an empty feel, and what everybody else has said before. It looks like it took them awhile to fix that low fps that had from beginning.

Avatar image for SkinnyJeans1995
SkinnyJeans1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SkinnyJeans1995
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

Head over to velocitygamer.com for my review of it and sorry of it seems like span, but I want the site to get more attention

ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ch_ris127

I wanted the game to succeed, but, being realistic, there was almost no way the game was gonna turn out great after how bad the game looked a few months ago. In Nihilistic's defense, they cleaned up quite a bit since then. Anyway, hopefully most of the people that bought it are satisfied with their purchase.

Poncho_Hachacha

Yeah, the trailer was unbelievably bad. I didn't even want to get it at first. They really did clean up, cause at least the game's now considerably better than what they promised in the awful trailers.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Played the demo, its the definition of average, controls were fine to me but everything else was very lackluster, sad cause I was hyped for this game.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Its a very meh game. I like it but it lacks emotion, character, and bangs. I just wished the multiplayer would work.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

I played the demo and I enjoyed it, but its nothing amazing.

One thing I hated though was the sound of the guns... Sounded like fire crackers or something. Just bad weapon sound.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="nyc05"]

ch_ris127

They're not bad critics they're just honest critics with their own personal opinions that don't agree with yours. At the end of the day the overwhelming majority think this game is poor or average at best and you just need to face that fact.
Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

IMO the gameplay its fine, and the two analog sticks work like a charm, better than U:GA IMO.

But the sounds effects of this game sucks HARD, i feel like in a 90's game the sound effects just distract you from the immersion of the game.

It sucks really hard

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
I really like this game, it's "fun." That's all that matters to me. I would give it a 7.5 overall.
ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ch_ris127

IMO the gameplay its fine, and the two analog sticks work like a charm, better than U:GA IMO.

But the sounds effects of this game sucks HARD, i feel like in a 90's game the sound effects just distract you from the immersion of the game.

It sucks really hard

Pelon208

I definitely agree with the analog sticks. I had to play through half of Uncharted's campaign to finally shoot properly.

ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ch_ris127

I really like this game, it's "fun." That's all that matters to me. I would give it a 7.5 overall.gokuofheaven

Exactly. The game's entertaining, and it's enough to make it worthwhile.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#33 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
From the demo, I can say that while the gunplay and controls were solid, everything surrounding the single-player game is weak. The sound, the lack of art direction, terrible AI, and forgettable story and voice acting. For a modern first person shooter, we expect more, and it's not simply a case of being a portable game. Sounds like the core is solid, but this team just doesn't have the experience with shooters or the production values that Resistance demands.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I just played two online matches and had more fun that I've had with the singleplayer portion :P
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 p4s2p0
Not sure its my fav shooter so far on vita. Unit 13 is alright but having stealth aspects I should be able to have a silencer from the begining. Being I still don't have one after a couple co-ops I don't play it much. Controls could have been better too, like using x to run but then I can't use my right analog stick like I can on resistance while running.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I have just bought it. This game is on my desk in front of me. I shall play it and see what I think about it. I enjoy the Resistance series so I'll like it. But I'll have to give it a go and see if this game deserves hate or not.

pointguard3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pointguard3
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts

the online is a lot of fun now

Avatar image for SkinnyJeans1995
SkinnyJeans1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SkinnyJeans1995
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

the online is a lot of fun now

pointguard3
It certainly is. I initially scored it a 3/5 on velocitygamer, and after the multiplayer servers were fixed, I edited it to add half a star
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I have had a chance to play Resistance Burning Skies. I just bought it. It is a alright game thus far I am enjoying it. I haven't tried the MP yet. But the single player storymode is good. but not anything special. This game is a 7 out of 10. The controls are just fine. But I really think that this game was overhyped, It is not a bad game, but it is not outstanding. I like it, but Sony may have not made the best decision to hand over development over to NiHilistic. Since this takes place as the same timeline as Resistance 2. The whole story doesn't matter. As the outcome is predeterimined in Resistance 2 and Resistance 3.

Resistance Burning skies is a good game. Not an excellent game as people had hoped.