resistance 4? Chances and rumors?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

philipi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 philipi96
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts

I am a big resistance fan i loved all of them, resistance 2 was pretty good but not the best. It seems like the ending of resistance 3 can still carry on and continue in resistance 4 if they make it. But before i go there, do you even think they will make one? I really hope they do, i loved how they had splitscreen for co op and multiplayer it was great, me and my brother still play it and many still play multiplayer. I really hope Isanamic decides to make another one and I know it will get lots of people to buy it. So tell me, what do you guys think?

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#2 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Well Resistance 3 wasn't that good, but they are making a Resistance for the Vita. Overall I think the Resistance series is so so, the 1st was good, 2nd was pretty good and had great coopertive, 3rd was bad. It's an alright series, but it's nothing special.

Personally I would rather see a new Killzone, that is one of the best FPS games around.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

i dont know about resistance 3 being not good but to each his own. personally loved 3 and thought it was a great game. and i really hope there will be a R4 cuz its one of my fav shooters. it was cuz of R1 that i got into shooters actually lol ( although killzone 2 is my fav shooter of all time, hope to see a new killzone actually) i did hear insomniac say while they might not be working on anymore resistance titles as of yet but that doesnt mean R4 wont be made, it will be handed over to another dev whichever sony picks to make the game and im sure eventually we will see another installment but i have a feeling it will be a launch title for ps4 just a guess though lol

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I still haven't played 3 or finished 1 (almost finished it, but it was a friend's copy and he sold it), but I guess its possible. Insomniac won't do another, but Sony could always give it to another in house developer. I think Guerrilla could do a decent job.

philipi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 philipi96

yea, anyone that loves fps games but doesnt like resistance, is pretty stupid in my opinion. I love, love, love resistance!

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

yea, anyone that loves fps games but doesnt like resistance, is pretty stupid in my opinion. I love, love, love resistance!

philipi96
i wouldnt go as far as to say stupid, we all have our opinion. but i do agree that its one of the best shooters out there.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Insomniac is done with the series; however, that doesn't mean they won't pawn the series off to some other developer. The series had a major identity crisis, and seemed to settle into its own in the 3rd installment. I did enjoy the series though.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Resistance 2 was the best by far. I can see the series making a return but I hope not soon and they need to make new more interesting characters and new weapons.

philipi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 philipi96

[QUOTE="philipi96"]

JoKeR_421

i wouldnt go as far as to say stupid, we all have our opinion. but i do agree that its one of the best shooters out there.

Yea i went to far there, "stupid" but yea resistance is great. I love the fact that it has splitscreen co-op and online mutliplayer. If they make resistance 4, they will have to make sure they have that

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

I'm pretty sure Insomniac said that R3 would be their final Resistance game for a long time.

gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

I'm pretty sure Insomniac said that R3 would be their final Resistance game for a long time.

TheFallenDemon

I heard this too, however i think they said there could be more games in the series but it will just be passed onto a different developer.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

gta_gamer10

I heard this too, however i think they said there could be more games in the series but it will just be passed onto a different developer.

Hopefully someone who doesn't ruin the game. I've yet to finish the Resistance 3 campaign, but it is an excellent game.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

gta_gamer10

Hopefully someone who doesn't ruin the game. I've yet to finish the Resistance 3 campaign, but it is an excellent game.
CaptainSofa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CaptainSofa
Member since 2011 • 163 Posts
I'm really looking forward to the game they are developing now called "overstrike", but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. I'm looking forward to this and "fortnite" by epic games. Who knows when these will come out though.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#17 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Resistance: Fall of Man was an excellent launch title for the PS3, but the second game was so disappointing that I thought the series was dead. Fortunately Resistance 3 massively improved on the second game and returned to the roots of the original in decent style visually. I think a trilogy is enough though, and can't see a Resistance 4 on the horizon.

TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts

I have not even played the third one yet! I loved the first game, but the second game did not satisfy me as much, and as a result, I did not condiser playin the third.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i hope resistance sereies its not dead
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I have not even played the third one yet! I loved the first game, but the second game did not satisfy me as much, and as a result, I did not condiser playin the third.

TraXxX

The third game plays less like the Call of Duty clone that was the second. It goes back to the fo the first game for the most part.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

The Resistance series is pretty much the only FPS shooter series on PS3 I cared about, especially the first game. I thought the ending to Resistance 3 was a bit lame though, so I don't know if I really want another one. I do want Resistance on the Vita, and I wouldn't mind if there was another spinoff game on Vita as well.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I have Resistance 1,2 and 3. I actually enjoyed Resistance 2 and liked it more than Resistance 1. Resistance 1 was somewhat flawed with subpar dated graphics, lack of bosses, bad health system and bad weapon system. Sure it is great to have the huge weapon "suitcase" but it makes the game too easy. I just started Resistance 3..... Great series!

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Unfortunately, there will be no Resistance 4. Insomniac have confirmed that they are not developing any more Resistance games and put the series to rest.

Resistance 2 & 3 are big disappointments. They just doesn't feel right, but they are still good PS3 exclusives, just not 'excellent'. I'm not selling them, I think I'll play them again at some point. Resistance: Fall of Man is just perfect, and perfectly structured online multiplayer, spent so many hours of my life in it.

Only God knows why Insomniac decided to put their middle finger to R:FoM's superiority and changed it all. :|

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Resistance 2 & 3 are big disappointments. GamerwillzPS

Big disappointments? To you, ok but not really to the critics and gamers. I never thought Resistance series was +90 game. I pretty much agree with these scores for the most part. I found Resistance 2 to be better than part 1.

Resistance: 86 metascore

Resistance 2: 87 metascore

Resistance 3: 83 metascore