Resistance 3 Beta.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

This is for Resistance Fans only. If you're a hater please don't post.

Has anybody watched some gameplay of the R3 Beta Multiplayer yet? I watched some live streams. Not sure what to make of it. Resistance: Fall of Man was one of my favorite games ever, but R2 kinda ruined it with the Multiplayer. Now R3 looks even worse with all these stupid items and shields and stuff.

Well if you've seen some live gameplay what do you think.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
It looks like another clone of CoD. I'll hold my full judgement until reviews come out and when I actually play it, but the fans will definitely miss the 40/60 player firefights.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
yeah the load out stuff is strange. colorful maps tho
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
It looks great, they made it more playable. In Resistance 2 people, would abuse the Wraith. Resistance 3's online looks more balanced and fun.
gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

after playing the beta i can honestly say it is one of the funnest multiplayer games i have played, definitely not a cod clone in anyway

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I tried to play last night but it didn't work. I'll give my judgement when it works for me.

FixeRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 FixeRNK
Member since 2008 • 963 Posts

this is gonna be soo cool. i didnt really like the 40-60 player modes cuz i never had much chance to fight anyone one vs one + auger was just cheating in R2 so yeah..... this is gonna be huge :D

UnchartedZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UnchartedZone
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts

Yeah, I'll definitely miss the frantic 60 player skirmish games and 8 player co-op, but the new game does seem to improve on nearly everything else - weapons, balance, graphics, etc. Actually, I don't think I even mind the killstreaks since in an interview, they said that the killstreaks would only be stuff that's player controlled directly, so for example, they'd get a more powerful weapon like a grenade launcher, but there would be no stuff like air support. Basically they made sure that the killstreaks could be countered.

And if it's done right, the lower player count matches could still be frantic, depending on the maps. But yeah, with the lower player count, there won't be any more moments like the time I played in a 60 player TDM on Chicago, and around a building came a huge group of enemies. I was using the Carbine, so I used the secondary fire (grenade launcher) and I got like 8 or 9 kills. :D The only thing I don't like is the fact that they took out the unique co-op from Resistance 2. I know a lot of fans wanted split-screen co-op back from Fall of Man, but why couldn't they just keep both? :(

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i still wanna know where you can get a beta code for this cause i dont wanna wait til the end of August to play in this

Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

after playing the beta i can honestly say it is one of the funnest multiplayer games i have played, definitely not a cod clone in anyway

gta_gamer10

I wouldn't say it's the funnest for me personally, but I agree it's not a Call of Duty clone. If anything it's a Halo clone, butthat doesn't really fit either. The unique Chimeran weapons makes it more halo like, except then there's the secondary fire which makes it unique. Also the bubble shields, lightning shields etc. are things you would never see in a Call of Duty game, and while you'll see a couple similar to Halo (especially the bubble shield) there are many unique ones as well. Then there's the cool grenades like the Hedgehog. The "killstreaks" (berserks in Resistance) I find are pretty unbalanced right now, but Insomniac has time so they may fix it. They are no where near as unbalanced as Call of Duty though.

I haven't played a whole lot yet, mainly because I can never findpeople in matchmaking(anyone else experiencing this?) but when I do find more I'll let you know anything else I find.

Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts

It looks pretty good

Mega_Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mega_Mustaine
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts

I've heard mixed reviews thus far- was hoping for a little Uncharted syndrome where everyone loves the beta, but no worries. If anyones got a spare code, I'd love a PM!

datflyboymo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 datflyboymo34
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

i like the beta its really fun and fast paced good game cant wait for the release finish off this story

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts
Been in the beta for a while, and the kill streak rewards haven't bothered me at all. There's not that many so It's alright. I believe it's at 3, 6 or 7, then 9 or 10. I haven't played in a while so I don't remember exactly. But as humans your first killstreak is a shield, but it only covers your front so the person is still plenty susceptible to fire. The chimeran 3 killstreak is cloak, but it has a timer and temporarily disappears when you fire or get hit. It does work well though, yet doesn't feel cheap. The next killstreak was the auger, which also is timed, and for good reason. The auger is a beast weapon if you know how to use it well, but it's still challenging to use especially when you get into the deeper ranges. The last killstreak is a mutator that turns you into a chimeran beast or a big human covered in armor, and you get some kind of cannon. Being mutated is definitely over powering, having used it before I cornered the whole enemy team where they were hiding and killed them all. Of course it's timed too, and rather difficult to achieve so I felt it was pretty balanced. Still a beta though :P we'll see how it all actually works for real in about a month! :D
Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

Anyone else having a massive problem finding games, i only played 1 game in like 15 tries?

datflyboymo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 datflyboymo34
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts
yeah im having a problem finding games to really sucks
blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

servers really suck for the beta cant find a single match .on top of thatoccasional lag when rarely i find one

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

yay so the beta is a fail then...........YAY for resistance..........not buying it

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Haven't even been able to get a game on. Kinda lame , insomniac
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

maybe i should be glad i'm not in the closed beta then

krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts
if anyone has a code they dont need, pls send it to me. im dying to try it out. thanks
Mega_Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mega_Mustaine
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts

Me as well! : )

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts
Yeah this is kind of lame. Several weeks ago (before they started letting in more people I guess?) I could get into full games all the time. But don't decide not to purchase the game because the beta has a bug. That's completely silly because this is a really fun game.
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

R3 multiplayer is intimate like R1's multiplayer. Sure they added all of the new age stuff that all multiplayer games have. I personally can't wait.

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
This has got to be the worst beta launch in history. Just downloaded it a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to get into 1 game. Now the matchmaking is disabled? They are off to a horrible start right now.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
i cant get on it for some weird reason "/ anyone knows why? im a playstation+ and bought socom and it dont let me in..
BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts

I haven't been able to play with other people so i can't judge it gameplay wise but eesh the graphics are just plain ugly, come on this is not longer a 60 player game so why does it look even worse now?

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

R3 looks to be the best FPS on the PS3 if you ask me, both in singleplayer and multiplayer. My expectations cannot be any higher, I just can't wait to play it. Anybody who doesn't think this game looks good is brain damaged or simply have no clue when it comes to quality video games, like that guy above me.

blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

R3 looks to be the best FPS on the PS3 if you ask me, both in singleplayer and multiplayer. My expectations cannot be any higher, I just can't wait to play it. Anybody who doesn't think this game looks good is brain damaged or simply have no clue when it comes to quality video games, like that guy above me.

jack00

so some who doesnt like a game is brain damaged ?? are u serious??

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts

jack00
lol, Only someone that would make a post like this is brain damaged if you ask me. If someone doesn't like the game for whatever reason has the right to that opinion because it's "THEIR OPINION". Anyone who thinks this is the best game ever has the right to think that because that's "THEIR OPINION". Now anyone who wants to belittle or insult anyone on what their opinion is just ignorant and thats "MY OPINION" Have a nice day.