resistance 2 online....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
for those who have played resistance 2 online, is it as addictive as cod4 online?
MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

for those who have played resistance 2 online, is it as addictive as cod4 online?johnlennon28

the only mode i played so far is the 8 player co-op & that seems to be addictive

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
i personally found it to be a big donwgrade from COD4 in terms of gameplay and graphics,, but it seems to have an audience. I wouldnt be surprised to see a demo later today
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
8 player coop is highly addictive. Competetive is very good as well. BEtween the two you might never put the controller down
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts

for those who have played resistance 2 online, is it as addictive as cod4 online?johnlennon28

No. COD4 is still addictive for me.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
Resistance 2 is the most addictive shooter I've ever played in my life - no joke. I can't stop playing the single player campaign once I start. I can't put down the controller while playing competitive multiplayer mode. I can't walk away from my team in the cooperative campaign. The XP and leveling earned, new unlockable weapons and beserks, and new unlockable character customization items are extremely addicting. This game is going to stay in my PS3 for months to come (literally).
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Resistance 2 is the most addictive shooter I've ever played in my life - no joke. I can't stop playing the single player campaign once I start. I can't put down the controller while playing competitive multiplayer mode. I can't walk away from my team in the cooperative campaign. The XP and leveling earned, new unlockable weapons and beserks, and new unlockable character customization items are extremely addicting. This game is going to stay in my PS3 for months to come (literally).abdelmessih101
Damn.Now that is addicting.
Boostd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Boostd4
Member since 2006 • 167 Posts
Just started playing the Campaign last night...so far so good. I'll definitely be jumping on multiplayer tonight. As far as being more addictive than COD4...we'll see.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's great. I don't see what's so addictive about shooters to be honest.

The real highlight of Resistance 2 is 8 man co-op and you can also have 60 players matches if you wish.

COD4 is a great game but it has nothing on R2 multiplayer quality.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Personally, I think that while COD4 is a great game, Resistance 2 stomps on it with s***-soiled boots. And that goes for both the online multiplayer and the single player campaign.

/opinion

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

i personally found it to be a big donwgrade from COD4 in terms of gameplay and graphics,, but it seems to have an audience. I wouldnt be surprised to see a demo later todaysignore

Signore....I thought I would NEVER say this but I kinda agree with you!!! lol..I wouldn't say it's a BIG downgrade but it does seem a step or 2 behinde COD4's MP but the main campaign is AWSOME!!!

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="signore"]i personally found it to be a big donwgrade from COD4 in terms of gameplay and graphics,, but it seems to have an audience. I wouldnt be surprised to see a demo later todayMERC_RECONN

Signore....I thought I would NEVER say this but I kinda agree with you!!! lol..I wouldn't say it's a BIG downgrade but it does seem a step or 2 behinde COD4's MP but the main campaign is AWSOME!!!

....And one more thing, I like the fact that if your a COD4 crack addict like myself you can customize Resistance control setup just like it.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
lol this thread made me laugh. i am a huge resistance fan but ill be honest. cod4 was way more addictive. the difference now is that cod4 is old and played out while r2 is fresh and yet to be conquered. time will tell
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

i personally found it to be a big donwgrade from COD4 in terms of gameplay and graphics,, but it seems to have an audience. I wouldnt be surprised to see a demo later todaysignore

lol. you look at COD4 as if it's god.

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

I was addicted to CoD4, and by the time I reached the 5th prestige I realized that I didn't enjoy the game anymore.

Now, I haven't spent too much time with R2 yet, but based on hours playing the Beta and a few hours with the final game, I really think R2 could fill the void of CoD4. I've always enjoyed cooperative games much more than competitive, and R2's co-op mode succeeds brilliantly. It's got a great level-up system, 3 classes to master and tons of replayability.

And then there's the competitive mode which is great for a quick burst of gameplay. Skirmish is where the real fun is to be had, with changing objectives and squad-based gameplay. If any game could give CoD4 a run for its money, it's Resistance 2.

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

Unless I'm missing something, it's only respawn rooms. That gets boring really fast for me. It's like there is no incentive to win. It's fun and all, but I can only stomach it for a couple quick games at a time.

Plus, I hate dumping a clip into people before they die. That seems to be a staple of sci-fi shooters.

_-MaRc-_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _-MaRc-_
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts

resistance 2 has to be the most addictive online shooter i've played since cod4 , the online is great fun, I still have yet to try the 8 player coop but the 60 player competitive mode is massive fun.

psn id: M18MIRO

drcsyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 drcsyntax
Member since 2008 • 267 Posts

When I first got home with it; I beat the first three levels of compaign and then hit up multiplayer.

30vs30 team death match with no lag was A BLAST! It was a constant back and forth battle filled with small skirmishes.

The only thing I don't like is that I gotta play a buttload of "Match Maker" games in order to gain XP to get more Berserks and more Customization options.

ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

The co op is very addictive

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

If you're addicted to a video game .. well .. that's sad ..

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts
Plus there is ZERO lag .. unlike everyones precious COD4 ..
Leostatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Leostatic
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

R2 > BF Bad Company > CoD4

After playing R2 and BF, CoD4 is just way too limited both in size of maps and the action contained therein. CoD4 was very good compared to other offerings at the time of its release, but after a few months of grenade-fests and absence of strategy/skill it wore itself very thin...at least for me. :D

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

When I first got home with it; I beat the first three levels of compaign and then hit up multiplayer.

30vs30 team death match with no lag was A BLAST! It was a constant back and forth battle filled with small skirmishes.

The only thing I don't like is that I gotta play a buttload of "Match Maker" games in order to gain XP to get more Berserks and more Customization options.

drcsyntax

Yeah, those are ranked games :P

Unranked games are the ones you and others can make. Stats are kept separately for both, but XP is only earned in ranked. However, you can use you're unlocked items in unranked games too.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts

[QUOTE="johnlennon28"]for those who have played resistance 2 online, is it as addictive as cod4 online?420Token420

If you're addicted to a video game .. well .. that's sad ..

oh puuleasseee!!! lol

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
I can't even get into a Co-op game for some reason it keeps saying network problem but I can play other games online and my PSN is logged on it's wierd. And Resistance 2 is way different from COD4. COD4 is more slower paced, Resistance 2 is more like Unreal Tournament speed.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
yes defintely it is
the_orias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 the_orias
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Are you trying to use 2 players in the coop? I had that problem last night but when I just did 1 player coop it worked fine.
Xepheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 Xepheon
Member since 2006 • 401 Posts

I didn't like R2 or R1 at first, but I've been thinking about it and watching the R2 marathon again. So, I downloaded the R1 demo again and it was surprisingly much better than I'd thought on my first impression. The graphics aren't actually that bad! The big difference between Resistance and COD4 is that COD4 is steeped in realism while Resistance has far more of an arcade feel. That's what turned me off at first. Then, I finally realized I should just look at it as an arcade shooter, and then see what I think. Now that I'm looking at it from that perspective, I actually enjoy it and can see how it would become addictive. It's Sci-Fi, so it can't be expected to be that similar to COD4.

I will probably put R2 in line now after three or four other titles which have priority.

I have a crazy wish, but I think it should be done. I wish that instead of World at War, they should have taken the realism and gameplay of COD4 and used it in an entirely new, next-gen version of Alien versus Predator (for playing as the Marines). I don't know how you'd implement the Predator and Alien with COD4's realism, but it would be nice to play a Sci-Fi shooter of that nature. The multiplayer between the different species would be great too. Anyway, it's not like we don't already have too many PS3 games to play.